Welcome Guest!
 Jumpstart
Motivating knowledge exchange in online communities  Sally Law
 Sep 21, 2008 03:38 PDT

Research volunteers needed: Motivating knowledge exchange in online
communities

Dear all,

* Please help in this online survey *
--> http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/67842/hkbu-sally-kmstudy

I am a PhD student of Hong Kong Baptist University. I am now working on
my thesis about individuals' knowledge exchange behaviors in online
communities and would like to invite all of you to participate in this
study (http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/67842/hkbu-sally-kmstudy).

Being a place for cultural exchange and for people to share their
know-how, online communities possess significant source of value for us
as well as knowledge development. However, as knowledge exchange greatly
depends on people's knowledge seeking and knowledge contributing
behaviors, such value can only be realized when the community
participants are motivated to do so.

Regarding the above issue, I have developed a research project to
examine the role of technology in online communities. This research aims
to understand how particular IT artifacts implemented in the online
communities help to facilitate individuals' knowledge seeking and
knowledge contributing behaviors.

Through the creation of a framework linking the design of online
community to knowledge exchange behavior, this research is expected to
provide implications for practitioners interested in knowledge
management and how to leverage technology for competitive advantage. I
think this survey can add value to the development of the online
community website because the research findings can provide insights and
pragmatic guidelines on how to build a successful online community.

Therefore, I truly hope that you can participate in this research and
help to answer my online survey:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/67842/hkbu-sally-kmstudy. Also, please help
to circulate this link to your friends and invite them to participate in
this research. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Sally Pui-Man Law
PhD Candidate
Department of Finance and Decision Sciences
School of Business
Hong Kong Baptist University