Welcome Guest!
 Littleblimps
Force on nose at 25 MPH?  Reed Gleason
 Mar 02, 2001 07:31 PST
We're trying to figure out what internal pressure will be needed to keep the nose from being pushed in at a speed of 25 MPH. Given a diameter of 14 feet, can someone (Joe Kahr, are your ears burning?) calculate this? Does it depend a lot on the particular shape of the envelope? We're thinking of a fairly high aspect ratio to keep the height of the envelope low. Thanks.