Welcome Guest!
 LUA E-News
Melanie Brunson Appointed ACB Executive Director  Patricia Price
 Mar 24, 2004 05:31 PST

Dear ACB Leaders, members, and Friends:

I am extremely pleased to announce formally today the appointment of
Melanie
Brunson as Executive Director of the American Council of the Blind.
Melanie is
a veteran member of ACB's professional staff and has served in various
managerial capacities since she joined our staff in August, 1998.
Melanie has
worked directly with two Presidents and two past Executive Directors of
the
organization which provides her with important background to the many
different
approaches and points of view within our organization. As an attorney,
Melanie
is able to quickly and accurately advise the ACB Board of Directors on
a wide
variety of legal issues or potential for such issues before critical
decisions
within the org\organization are made. Finally, the ACB Board of
Directors has
been extremely pleased and impressed with Melanie's work during her
months of
service to us in the dual capacities of Acting Executive Director and
Governmental Affairs and Advocacy Director.

For those who have not had the pleasure of meeting or working first-hand
with
Melanie, perhaps I should mention two additional things about her you
might
wish to know or even be wondering. Like most of us who are members of
ACB,
Melanie is blind. Also, she is a guide dog user and braille reader. I
mention
these things by way of saying that, by example and empathetically,
Melanie can
represent very well the interests of ACB and demonstrate by example the
best
and most noteworthy values of ACB: responsibility; dignity; and
professionalism.

It is exciting to contemplate the many things ACB can accomplish with
the
appointment of this key leadership position within our organization.
Please
join me and the entire ACB Board of Directors in welcoming Melanie
Brunson to
her new position.

Sincerely,

Chris