Welcome Guest!
 LUA E-News
Pat Price & Lori Bell - Presentors During Online Symposium  Patricia Price
 Jun 01, 2004 09:35 PDT

Hi Everyone,

Just want each of you to be aware of an event that will be of great
benefit to anyone who is disabled in some way ... particularly for the
blind and deaf, but all can benefit. Enjoy!

Dr. Richard Windsor, international recognized authority in the field of
low vision, will be joining me at 7:30 P.M. (Central), 8:30 P.M.
(Eastern), 5:30 P.M. (Pacific) during the Accessible World Symposium
tomorrow, Wednesday, June 2. He will be discussing a variety of
assistive devices of special use by those with vision impairment.

Lori Bell of the Mid-Illinois Talking Book Center will also be
presenting information on how libraries are meeting the challenge of the
digital age.
For details on how to access this online symposium, see the announcement
below.

For details on how to access this online symposium, see the announcement
below.

Iíll look forward to having you in our virtual studio audience.

Pat Price, President
Vision World Wide, Inc.

            Re: "An Accessible World" Symposium ... June 2, 2004

It may be of interest to you to be aware of the following announcement.

I would like to invite you to "An Accessible World", an on-line no-cost
symposium about accessibility. The date for this great event is
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004.

Many governments are placing more and more pressure on governmental and
educational institutions in order to make their web sites and facilities
accessible to all disabled persons. Unfortunately, there is too little
information available ... and the information that is available is too
often unknown to those who most need it.

We have assembled experts in the field of accessibility for a very
informative and entertaining day. Throughout the day, there will be
several opportunities for open forum discussions where you may ask your
specific questions directly to the experts themselves.

To participate in the event, you will need:

1) A Windows PC with sound, connected to the Internet (dial-up
connections work well).

2) When you want to ask questions, you may type them in the text-chat
area, or you can use a microphone that's plugged into the sound card of
your computer.

The schedule can be seen at:
http://talk3.talkingcommunities.com/index.php/272

Please pass this information on to anyone you think might be interested,
or might benefit from such an event. The event will also be posted in
our "Special Events" page on www.talkingcommunities.com.

For more information, please feel free to contact me at
in-@visionww.org.

Thanks!

Pat Price
Symposium Presenter