Welcome Guest!
 LUA E-News
Message From LUA President  Patricia Price
 Jun 16, 2004 18:18 PDT

Hello Everyone.

I am sending to you my last message as president of Library
Users of America (LUA). It has been a wonderful and enlightening
experience
to serve in this capacity, but returning to school in the fall has
forced a
decision to step back a little. The LUA board is truly exceptional, and
thank all of them for serving with me.

There are other changes on the board as well because of the ending of
terms,
and so we present to you the following slate for your consideration.
Nominations may also be made on the floor at our business meeting on
Monday
afternoon during the convention.

Barry Levine has accepted our fervent request to be considered for the
position of president. He has a real passion for library work, both
within
the blindness arena, and in collaboration with public libraries. Paul
Edwards would continue to serve as vice president, and his expertise in
formulating this year's program can not be underestimated! I am
offering to
fill the position of secretary/past president, with one vote of course
(no
schizophrenia here!) Pat Price would continue to serve as treasurer,
and
for that all of us are grateful and relieved! The potential board
members
are Earlene Hughes, Winifred Downing, Rachel Ames and Judi Cannon.
There is
one other board position that is open, and suggestions are most welcome!

Please feel free to contact me at str-@charter.net or (508) 363-3866,
if
you have questions or suggestions about this slate. It is our hope that
tapes of our convention sessions will be available afterwards, and we
will
inform you of how to get them when the procedure is worked out.

I end with a particular request to fill the position of editor. Tom
Mitchell has ably done this work, but a new job has limited his time and
energy for this task. He has graciously agreed to continue to read the
taped version, but we do need an editor. For most people in our
affiliate,
the newsletter is the sole point of contact, so this is indeed an
important
position that needs to be filled!

Thank you for your continued interest in our work to make libraries and
other information services and technologies accessible to all of us in
the
21st century!

Sharon Strzalkowski
str-@charter.net