Welcome Guest!
 LoveSexyDC
LoveSexyDC Weekly Update  Kathy Jentz
 Jul 23, 2004 13:43 PDT

LOTS OF GREAT NEWS!

This just in: a LoveSexyDC exclusive! A chance to win 5 tickets in the
Owner's Box at MCI for the Saturday, August 14 concert. Proceeds will
benefit the Human Rights Campaign. Details will go out next week. Stay
tuned!

We have arranged pre-concert meet-ups at California Tortilla. With our
Party on August 8 and the 3 concerts - we will have multiple LoveSexyDC
gatherings next month. We are also announcing our September 2004 thru
February 2005 party dates. Details on these & much more news below.

Have a fantastic wekend,
Kathy

Pre-Concert Gathering

Where: California Tortilla at 728 7th St. NW DC - just a half-block
north of the MCI Arena

When:
Thurs. Aug. 12 6:00-7:00 (concert starts at 7:30)
Fri. Aug. 13 6:00-7:30 (concert starts at 8:00)
Sat. Aug 14 6:00-7:30 (concert starts at 8:00)

Look for the reserved section for "LoveSexyDC."

We will be taking over their sound system, eating yummy food, holding
fun raffles, and getting pumped up for the shows.

CT's owner has let me know that you ARE allowed to bring outside food
into MCI - although they do not publicize this policy. Good fact to
know!

August Party Details

Party theme: The Triple Threat
      Prince vs. Michael Jackson vs Rick James

Date: Sunday, August 8th 2004

Time: 7:00 PM, lasts until 1:00 AM

Location: Modern, 3287 M St., NW, Georgetown, Washington DC

Cost: $7

Dress: Stylish & Sexy (no athletic gear please)

Featuring: DJDredd on the turntables

Note: Valid Picture ID Required - Must be 21 to enter

Special Features: A chance to win 5 tickets in the Owner's Box at MCI
for the Saturday, August 14 concert. (Details to be announced.)

Be Sure to Ask the Bartenders about the Prince-ly Drink Specials

Future LoveSexyDC Party Dates @ Modern

NOTE: NEW HOURS - we will no longer start at 7:00 PM and on holiday
weekends we will stay open until 2:00 AM.

Sept. 5th-Labor Day Weekend (8 pm -2 am)

Oct. 10th-Columbus Day Weekend (8pm -2am)

Nov. 14th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1 am)

Dec. 12th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1am)

Jan. 16th-MLK Weekend (8 pm -2 am)

Feb. 20th-Presidents Day Weekend(8 pm-2am)

All dates feature the fabulous stylings of DJDredd and are at Modern in
Georgetown.

The Purple Party

A Prince party is being held at Visions Bar Noir on Thursday, July 29
starting at 9 PM. We have had a few events at Visions before - for
those who have not been, it is at 1927 Florida Ave., NW DC just above
Dupont Circle.

This is NOT a LoveSexyDC event nor is it a DJDredd Production. It is a
TheGroup80 production. I will personally be stopping by to check it out
and say "Hey Ya."

They promise "Drink Specials and Other Surprises. Celebrating 25 years
of Prince Music." For those who RSVP the cover is $5 and they get a free
drink when they arrive at the event. Without the pass the cover is $10.
RSVP to purple-@thegroup.com, and ask for the "Purple Pass."

Check out "His Majesty"
From:    MiaBocca20

His Majesty
http://thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20040802&c=1&s=rosen

Musicology News Links

~ WAITING for a Prince
Village Voice - New York,NY,USA
... Madison Square Garden on Wednesday night hadn't lost hope-just
sleep-when
they headed to BB King Blues Club & Grill for the official Musicology
after-party ...
<http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0429/bastidas.php>

~ KING of the world
Mid-Day Mumbai - Bombay,India
... with song, soul and virtuosity, delivering hits and heavies: "Let's
Go Crazy," "Cream," "Sign 'O' the Times," "Musicology"
and many more ...
<http://web.mid-day.com/columns/uday_benegal/2004/july/88012.htm>

~ BEYONCE, Alicia And Missy's Tour Among Year's Top Earners
MTV - USA
... followed by Prince, who upped his earnings by raising his ticket
prices
(around $75 for decent seats) and including a copy of his Musicology
with
ticket ...
<http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1489483/20040716/knowles_beyonce.jhtml?headlines=true>

~ CJ: Prince may not be so family-friendly
Minneapolis Star Tribune (subscription) - Minneapolis,MN,USA
He reportedly slipped some sexual imagery into the New Orleans stop on
his "Musicology Tour," which is billed as a less raunchy show that
reflects
his maturity ...
<http://www.startribune.com/stories/464/4879677.html>

~ SUMMER concert scene boasts old favorites, new stars
The Daily Orange (subscription) - Syracuse,NY,USA
... His Purple Highness is back with the critically acclaimed album
Musicology
and will embark on a nationwide trek for the first time in six years.
<http://www.dailyorange.com/news/2004/07/08/Feature/Summer.Concert.Scene.Boasts.Old.Favorites.New.Stars-693967.shtml>

~ LIFE, Music Mix In Prince's Realm
CBS News - USA
... with The Early Show co-anchor Rene Syler, he spoke about the war in
Iraq, politics and, of course, his music, which includes his latest
project,
“Musicology ...
<http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/07/20/earlyshow/leisure/celebspot/main630642.shtml>

~ PRINCE reigns supreme in Hartford
Norwich Bulletin - Norwich,CT,USA
While he was talking specifically about Saturday evening’s performance
pf "Musicology" tour, he may as well have been talking about his career.
<http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/updates/7659.html>

~ STEWART, Prince, Kiss, The Hives to play live
Staten Island Advance - Staten Island,NY,USA
... the Garden State Parkway. For those who have not caught the Prince
"Musicology" tour, what are you waiting for? The "Purple Popster ...
<http://www.silive.com/entertainment/advance/index.ssf?/base/entertainment/1089920702302600.xml>

~ 07-19-04 EUR ALL ON ONE PAGE
Eurweb - UK
... MIKE PHILLIPS IS 'UNWRAPPED' ... AGAIN Prince's saxophonist talks
hip
hop and 'Musicology.'. *Make no mistake, sax player Mike Phillips is
steeped
in hip hop. ...
<http://www.eurweb.com/articles/headlines/07192004/headlines1547007192004.cfm>

See all stories on this topic:
<http://news.google.com/news?ie=utf8&oe=utf8&persist=1&num=30&hl=en&client=google&newsclusterurl=http://www.eurweb.com/articles/headlines/07192004/headlines1547007192004.cfm>

~ PRINCE'S comeback tour: on his terms
CNN - USA
... recent interview on CNNfn's 'The Biz,' the four-time Grammy
Award-winning
singer discussed his latest act of rebellion while promoting his new
album
"Musicology ...
<http://money.cnn.com/2004/07/22/news/newsmakers/prince/>

~ PRINCE wants Keisha for video role
Stuff.co.nz - New Zealand
... yet heard anything about it. His latest album, Musicology, is
already
a critical and commercial success. Keisha could not be reached ...
<http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2980092a1860,00.html>

~ HIGH 'Point' for Roots
New York Daily News - New York,NY,USA
... sister, Haylie. The biggest leap of the week belongs to Prince,
whose
"Musicology" jumped from No. 64 all the way up to No. 8. The ...
<http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/story/214483p-184662c.html>

~ PARROTHEADS give heat to 'Chill'
Daily Variety (subscription) - USA
... 47. Top 10 also saw the return of Prince, who rose to 74,000 from
19,000
thanks to three Madison Square Garden concerts at which his "Musicology"
CD was ...
<http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117908085?categoryid=16&cs=1>

~ THE Roots' Tipping Point Can't Outweigh Beach Bum Buffett
MTV - USA
... to bolster his album sales — since a portion of every ticket price
involuntarily buys a copy (see Billboard Sours On Prince's Musicology
Sales Experiment ...
<http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1489592/20040721/roots.jhtml?headlines=true>

See all stories on this topic:
<http://news.google.com/news?ie=utf8&oe=utf8&persist=1&num=30&hl=en&client=google&newsclusterurl=http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1489592/20040721/roots.jhtml%3Fheadlines%3Dtrue>

~ EYE on Entertainment -- July 20
KLAS - Las Vegas,NV,USA
... of music. It's to make light of otherwise dire situations." Prince
is currently on tour promoting his new album "Musicology". The ...
<http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2066285&nav=168XP0Ck>

~ BTW, there is ANOTHER "Musicology" tour going on this summer & fall -
it is by the US Armed Forces Blues bands and orchestras. It covers an
overview of the music in America. Confusing...

end of message

www.LoveSexyDC.org