Welcome Guest!
 LoveSexyDC
LoveSexyDC Weekly Update  Kathy Jentz
 Aug 06, 2004 11:38 PDT

Hi!

Can you feel the excitement building!!!

Our party is THIS Sunday. It will be your last chance to buy the Raffle
Tickets for the Saturday Concert ticket package.

Then, of course, we have our gatherings pre-concert Thurs-Sat at
California Tortilla. Followed by the concerts and MAYBE some
after-concert events.

This is our last Weekly Update before next week's concerts - if we have
any late-breaking news (ex. an Afterparty) - we'll send out an emergency
note to all - so keep checking your email. We'll let you know as soon as
we here anything and please let me know anything you here.

See you Sunday night and Thursday - Saturday!
- Kathy

August Party Details

Party theme: The Triple Threat
     Prince vs. Michael Jackson vs Rick James

Date: Sunday, August 8th 2004

Time: 7:00 PM, lasts until 1:00 AM

Location: Modern, 3287 M St., NW, Georgetown, Washington DC

Cost: $7

Dress: Stylish & Sexy (no athletic gear please)

Featuring: DJDredd on the turntables

Note: Valid Picture ID Required - Must be 21 to enter

Special Features: A LoveSexyDC Exclusive - a chance to win 5 tickets in
the Owner's Box at MCI for the Saturday, August 14 concert!

Be Sure to Ask the Bartenders about the Prince-ly Drink Specials

LoveSexyDC Fundraiser

We still have a few purple LoveSexyDC CD cases left as well as the "Turn
It Up 2.0" and "Days of Wild" Uptown books - email me or see me know at
8/8 party if you are interested in purchasing them.

Also, DJDredd has come out with a new Prince vs. MJ mix CD he'll have on
sale at our Sunday party. See below for more details.

Thursday Concert Tickets For Sale - #1
From:    "sconn-@juno.com" <sconn-@juno.com>

.. I have two tickets for Thursday, August 12 that I'm selling for 49.50
each (what I paid for them)? They are in Section 400 Row H. If
interested see me at the August 8th LovesexyDC party or call me on my
cellphone at 202-468-3680.

Thursday Concert Tickets For Sale - #2
From:    "arminda lea" <armin-@hotmail.com>

2 Prince tix for Thursday, Aug 12
Section 103, Row Q, seats 12-13
Total price for both is $180 (ticket price plus ticketmaster fees)

Thanks!
Mindy

Thursday Concert Tickets For Sale - #3
From:    George Darden <gphunk-@yahoo.com>

Alright ya'll. I have one more ticket for sale for
the Prince sold out concert on August 12 at 7:30pm.
This one is up close in seat 226!!!! It's a center
stage event so most every seat is a good seat.... but
this one is a real good seat!! It's just one seat for
you true Prince fans. $100 even! The last ones that I
had to sell sold within a few minutes so act fast if
you want to be the one. Please forward this to anyone
who you think may be interested. Let me know if you
want the up front ticket for the show.

Please contact Anita.M.Hall@Verizon ASAP for this
ticket.

Or call InnerG at 301.908.0206

Thanks,
InnerG

Thursday Concert Tickets For Sale - #4
From:    smokin_gr-@lists.thegroup80.com

MCI Suite Tickets For August 12 - Sale Offer

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: We (Smokin' Grill) have secured a suite at the
Prince Concert on Thursday, August 12th.   Ticket price of $225 includes
ticket, food and beverages (beer/wine). Purchase two tickets for $400.
Tickets must be purchased by August 6th, 2004. A great opportunity to
see Prince in the comfort of the MCI's luxury suites!

Call 240-354-6722
Entertainm-@yahoo.com

SPECIAL LOVESEXYDC EVENT RAFFLE

WIN A SET OF 5 VIP PRINCE CONCERT TICKETS!!!

PRIZES:

25 VIP box seat tickets for the SATURDAY, August 14th
Prince concert at the MCI Center

Tickets will be raffled off in 5 sets of 5
(so that means our 5 winners can take 4 friends each).

$10 A CHANCE TO WIN

Winners to be drawn at the LoveSexyDC party at Modern on Sunday, August
8th at 12:00 Midnight. (Winners do not need to be present atthe time of
raffle - we will contact all winners Monday morning.)

You can purchase chances to win at Modern on August 8th from 9-11 PM or
buy them in advance with a credit card by calling Frank Butler, HRC, at
(202) 216-1506. We will sell only 500 chances to win the 5 sets of
tickets -- so your odds are fantastic!

The money raised from this raffle will help fund the Human Rights
Campaign's efforts to defeat the Federal Marriage Amendment in Congress
and advance equality for all regardless of sexual orientation. For more
info about HRC visit www.hrc.org.

Pre-Concert Gathering

Where: California Tortilla at 728 7th St. NW DC - just a half-block
north of the MCI Arena

When:
Thurs. Aug. 12 6:00-7:00 (concert starts at 7:30)
Fri. Aug. 13 6:00-7:30 (concert starts at 8:00)
Sat. Aug 14 6:00-7:30 (concert starts at 8:00)

Look for the reserved section for "LoveSexyDC."

This event is open to ALL - no age limit! Looking forward to seeing some
of our under-21 members that can't attend our events at Modern!

We will be taking over their sound system, eating yummy food, holding
fun raffles, and getting pumped up for the shows.

CT's owner has let me know that you ARE allowed to bring outside food
into MCI - although they do not publicize this policy. Good fact to
know!

Future LoveSexyDC Party Dates @ Modern

NOTE: NEW HOURS - we will no longer start at 7:00 PM and on holiday
weekends we will stay open until 2:00 AM.

Sept. 5th-Labor Day Weekend (8 pm -2 am)
prince vs neptunes

Oct. 10th-Columbus Day Weekend (8pm -2am)
prince vs everybody ii
(just like we did before, prince mixed with
club hits and newer hits, hip hop, etc.)

Nov. 14th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1 am)
pop life"-featuring top pop hits from prince and from other
artists (culture club, eurythmics, etc.)

Dec. 12th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1am)
"funk ball"-paying tribute to funk legends (james brown, sly,
pfunk, cameo, zapp, etc.)

Jan. 16th-MLK Weekend (8 pm -2 am)
prince vs outkast ii

Feb. 20th-Presidents Day Weekend(8 pm-2am)
prince vs madonna iii

All dates feature the fabulous stylings of DJDredd and are at Modern in
Georgetown.

Prince HouseQuake in September
From:    "Carter, Sharon" <Sharon.-@hq.doe.gov>

Prince Musicology BBQ

When: Saturday, September 18, 2004

Time:   4:00pm - 12:00am

Where: Sharon and Brian's House

8663 Glenarden Parkway

Glenarden, MD 20706

Come out and party under the tent - Rain or shine!

Prince Music All Nite Long

Video Footage

Trivia Games

Karaoke

Raffles

Food

Specialty Drink-"Life O' the Party"

Free Admission

(LovesexyDC Members are especially welcome!!!)

RSVP: CarterE-@aol.com

BYOL/BYOB

No children please.

We have no pets.

August 8 Party GiveAWAY

Thanks to Peter Kidwell, we'll be giving away 100 copies of
"Pennsylvania State College Weekender" papers with Prince on the cover.

Free to first 100 people who attend the LoveSexyDC party on August 8.

Purple Party Review #2
From:    Audrey Talley <igoa-@yahoo.com>

Purple Party--

I DID NOT ENJOY that gathering at all. The DJ was not on point.
LoveSexy has the perfect vibe. It was a nice try, but no prize.

Party This Weekend
from: DJDredd

This Friday and Every Friday @ Aroma
Join DJ Dredd as he continues his journey through funk, pop, r&b, dance,
hip hop and reggae.
No Dress Code
$2 cover
10pm-2:30am
3417 Connecticut Avenue NW (Cleveland Park)
www.thearomaco.com

-------------

This Sunday August 8th @ Modern
Lovesexy DC & DJ Dredd present:
Prince vs Michael Jackson vs Rick James
The Triple Threat Dance Party!
7pm-1am
Smart, Sexy Dress
$7 Cover
Drink Specials All Night!
3287 M Street NW (Georgetown)
www.primacycompanies.com
www.lovesexydc.org
*In conjunction with the Human Rights Campaign We will be raffling off
25 VIP tickets to sit in the owners box at MCI Center for the August
14th Prince Concert.
Each raffle ticket is $10 and there will be 5 winners who will receive 5
tickets each.
There will only be 500 tickets sold so each person entered will have a
decent chance of winning.
All proceeds will go to the Human Rights Campaign. You can purchase
tickets at Modern between
9pm-11pm or buy them in advance with a credit card by calling Frank
Butler (HRC) at 202.216.1506.
We will draw the winner at midnight. (You do not have to be present to
win)
www.hrc.org

Support Lil' Angel Foundation
From: Sheila E.

Dear Friends,

Giv2Liv is Lil' Angel Bunny Foundation's (LABF) new fundraising program
offering donors special opportunities to support our goal of helping
abused and abandoned children through music and the arts. Please join us
and contribute to Giv2Liv by taking part in raffles and auctions at
special events or buying our Giv2Liv T-Shirts through the LABF Online
Store.

Find more information about Giv2Liv on its new website at
www.giv2liv.org. While on the site please check out LABF’s next
fundraiser, 'Mortgage Madness' Basketball Tournament, featuring Sheila
E.’s Celebrity All Star Team and other celebrity appearances.

Giving is the purest form of loving someone. It is our desire to give as
much of ourselves to help a child see that they have a reason to live!
Please join us as we launch this special Giv2Liv program so we can
collectively do our part to love these children back to life!

We appreciate your continued support and feel free to share this e-mail
with a friend.

Blessings,

Sheila E. & Lynn Mabry
- Co-Chairs, Lil' Angel Bunny Foundation -

Prince vs. MJ Mix CD
from; Djdr-@djdredd.com

...let everyone konw that the prince vs mj mix cd is finally complete -
i will have them at the party sunday for $10. i will also make them
available via paypal next week as well. here is the track list:

intro
i want you back
alphabet street
enjoy yourself
delirious
rock my world
7
remember the time
gett off (urge mix)
say say say
cream
billie jean
i wanna be your lover
what have you done for me lately (janet)
nasty girl (vanity 6)
off the wall
u got the look (long look)
wanna be starting something
when doves cry
pyt
raspberry beret
dont stop til you get enough

the cd has dual sided cover art which is interchangable. one side is
all era pics of prince and the other all era pics of mj. the cover art
was done by brother tim andrassy jr of the detroit crawl.

Purple Rain Fundraiser in MPLS
Press Release

ifp Minneapolis/St.Paul
401 North Third Street, Suite 450
Minneapolis, MN 55401
www.ifpmsp.org
Media Contact: Bridget Winberg
651.592.4978
bridget-@comcast.net

IFP MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL TO HOST PURPLE RAIN RE-RELEASE PARTY AT FIRST
AVENUE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MINNEAPOLIS – July 29, 2004 The world of 1984 was a very different
place. The Apple Macintosh was introduced. Ronald Reagan began his
second term in office. The television show "Dynasty" was the rage. And a
movie called Purple Rain put Minnesota film on the map.

Twenty years later, much has changed, but Minnesotans are still
celebrating Prince and his contribution to film. On Saturday, Aug. 21,
Prince fans will have the opportunity to attend a special screening of
Purple Rain at First Avenue, 701 First Avenue, in Minneapolis. The
event, developed through a partnership between Independent Feature
Project Minneapolis/St. Paul (IFP MSP) and Warner Home Video, and
sponsored by Mix 104.1 and KSTC Channel 45, will feature a private
screening of a newly-created 35mm print of the movie. Attendees will
also have the opportunity to get a sneak peek of featurettes from the
Purple Rain: 20th Anniversary DVD, scheduled for release Aug. 24.

Purple Rain stars Prince as "The Kid," an aspiring Minneapolis musician
struggling to overcome his past and avoid repeating the mistakes of his
father. The Kid falls for fellow musician, Appolonia, and the two begin
a relationship that soon turns sour. He must compete with rival, Morris
Day, and his own demons to win back the affection of Appolonia and
become the man he’s always dreamed of becoming. Purple Rain is most
often remembered for its extraordinary sound track, which won an Academy
Award for Original Music Score in 1984.

The Purple Rain screening event is a fundraiser for the Central Standard
Film Festival (CSFF), which celebrates independent regional film and
filmmakers who live and work outside of Los Angeles and New York. The
festival, now in its third year, will be held Thursday, Oct. 14 through
Sunday, Oct. 17 in Minneapolis. The programming line-up for the festival
will be announced during the Purple Rain event.

"This event ties into IFP MSP’s mission of promoting filmmaking in
Minnesota," said William Kruse, co-director, Central Standard Film
Festival. "We are excited to be able to bring this event to Minneapolis,
and look forward to celebrating the twentieth anniversary of the film
with the city that made the movie famous."

Tickets for the event are available at the First Avenue box office for
$7 in advance and $10 at the door. The doors will open at 6 p.m. and the
screening will begin at 7 p.m. Call (612) 338-8388 for details.

* * *

About IFP MSP

IFP MSP, or Independent Feature Project Minneapolis/St. Paul, is a
non-profit organization that promotes film, video, screenplay and
photography in the upper Midwest through a variety of programs and
services, including education, grants and community outreach. IFP is a
national association with chapters also located in New York, Los
Angeles, Seattle, Chicago and Miami. Supporters of IFP MSP include the
National Endowment for the Arts, the Minnesota State Arts Board, Target
Foundation, Northwest Airlines, the McKnight Foundation, the Jerome
Foundation, the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Sciences, and many
more.

Musicology News Links

~ PRINCE UNLEASHES ON RECORD COMPANIES: Artist makes most of rare TV ...
Eurweb - UK
30, 2004) *Continuing his new media-friendly approach to promote new
album
and tour, “Musicology,” Prince actually visited the studios of Canadian
TV show ...
<http://www.eurweb.com/articles/headlines/07302004/headlines1565507302004.cfm>

See all stories on this topic:
<http://news.google.com/news?ie=utf8&oe=utf8&persist=1&num=30&hl=en&client=google&newsclusterurl=http://www.eurweb.com/articles/headlines/07302004/headlines1565507302004.cfm>

~ HOW does she get away with it?
Denver Post - Denver,CO,USA
... Prince and Al Green gave their fans new records - "Musicology" and
"I Can't Stop," respectively - that sound as if they were produced 10
or 15 years ago, and ...
<http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~28704~2300525,00.html>

end of message