Welcome Guest!
 LoveSexyDC
LoveSexyDC Weekly Update  Kathy Jentz
 Aug 12, 2004 08:53 PDT

Hi!

Early Weekly Update this week - may do a few Special Bulletins if any
more news comes in for this weekend.

Don't forget to send in your concert reviews! We'll collect them all and
post in the next few weeks.

If you haven't picked up today's Washington Post yet - do so now!
Here is the online link:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/print/style/

great meeting new peeps last Sunday - intro yourself Thurs-Sat - I'll be
wearing...

Anyone going to 8/22 Philly show? If so, join our separate discussion
list - email me at laser-@aol.com.

We have two after-parties for Friday night detailed below. These are NOT
official events - but are listed to give LoveSexyDC members a place to
go to come down from their concert high. IF the NPGMC announces any
official after-concert events, we will let you know as soon as we know.

MUCH more below - scroll on...

- Kathy

Ticket For Sale: extra ticket for tonight
From:    "John Thomas Steele" <stee-@raytheon.com>

I have an extra ticket for tonight's (Thursday) show. Do you know
anyone who needs it? I'm only asking face value.
cell - 301-906-3552

Ticket Wanted
From:    "Diane Della-Loggia" <Della-Log-@NMNH.SI.EDU>

    This SMfoley address also bounced back. ? !   So--I am looking for
two tickets for Saturday or one for any day. If you know of any. . .
.Will also call scalper agencies. What was the face price?
Diane

DC Concert Info

MCI management says:

No cameras of any kind will be allowed for the Prince concerts tomorrow,
Friday and Saturday at MCI Center.

Will call for fan club members will start about an hour and a half
before show time. Thanks.

Once you pick up your tickets at will call you donít have to enter the
arena immediately. As long as your ticket isnít scanned to enter the
arena, you can leave the building. However, with all three shows being
sold out, there will probably be a line to get into the arena. So I
would allow enough time to get to your seats as there is no opening act.
Thanks.

Purple Music on Radio

All day today (Thursday) WPGC - 95.5 FM will be "Purple 95" with Prince
music, ticket give-ways, etc.

For those outsidethe area, they have a web feed at
http://www.wpgc955.com/.

Get on TV?

We have invited the local TV cameras to our pre-concert gatherings so be
prepared to look stylish and represent the LoveSexyDC Prince Family :-)

After Friday Concert Party #1

(Note: AIR is OUTDOORS - so if it is raining, the event may be
canceled.)

THAT 80's PARTY -- THIS FRIDAY, AUGUST 13th

This Friday, August 13, AIR introduces the opening of a brand new friday
night concept...

Start with 80s disco, mix in some funk, flavor with hip hop, and you've
got the freshest friday event in town with music by Dirty Hands.

Celebrate our grand opening this friday with the Prince after-party.
Purple dress or a Prince ticket stub gets you free admission until 11pm.

OPEN BAR FROM 9:30 TO 10:30
Its free admission with the prince ticket stub, if the concerts lasts
longer than expected we will honor them. The music will be mix of
everything Prince and 80s.
To be placed on the reduced admission
guest list visit www.airclubdc.com

Woodrow Wilson Plaza
Ronald Reagan Building
13th and Pennsylvania Ave NW

Please arrive early to ensure admittance
Must be twenty-one to enter
Doors open 9:30 pm : Guest list closes at 11 pm

Getting to AIR:
Just steps from the Federal Triangle Metro (Blue/Orange lines)
Driving? An underground parking garage is open at 2 am

Visit www.airclubdc.com for more information.
Or call 202.312.1215 for daily updates.

After Friday Concert Party #2

aroma
3417 connecticut ave nw (cleveland park metro stop on the red line)
10pm-2:30am
no dress code
$2 cover
www.thearomaco.com
(right across the street from the uptown movie theater)

featuring our DJDredd spinning lavender tunes

aroma has a dance space up front where i spin. then there is a long
huge bar and a separate lounge in the back where the sound is sent to
as well. sometimes people dance in the back lounge as well. there are
several vintage couches and a movie projection screen back there as
well.
very chill vibe.

Prince Raffle Ticket Winners

The following members have won the HRC ticket package for 5 seats n the
Owner's Box at this Saturday's concert.
Congratulations! Let us know how it was!

~ Tim Morton
~ Hantel Cruthind
~ April Smith
~ Natalie Rozzell
~ Renaldo Turner

Pre-Concert Gatherings

Where: California Tortilla at 728 7th St. NW DC - just a half-block
north of the MCI Arena

When:
Thurs. Aug. 12 6:00-7:00 (concert starts at 7:30)
Fri. Aug. 13 6:00-7:30 (concert starts at 8:00)
Sat. Aug 14 6:00-7:30 (concert starts at 8:00)

Look for the reserved section for "LoveSexyDC."

This event is open to ALL - no age limit! Looking forward to seeing some
of our under-21 members that can't attend our events at Modern!

We will be taking over their sound system, eating yummy food, holding
fun raffles, and getting pumped up for the shows.

CT's owner has let me know that you ARE allowed to bring outside food
into MCI - although they do not publicize this policy. Good fact to
know!

Future LoveSexyDC Party Dates @ Modern

NOTE: NEW HOURS - we will no longer start at 7:00 PM and on holiday
weekends we will stay open until 2:00 AM.

Sept. 5th-Labor Day Weekend (8 pm -2 am)
"The Dance Electric"
prince vs neptunes

Oct. 10th-Columbus Day Weekend (8pm -2am)
prince vs everybody ii
(just like we did before, prince mixed with
club hits and newer hits, hip hop, etc.)

Nov. 14th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1 am)
"pop life"-featuring top pop hits from prince and from other
artists (culture club, eurythmics, etc.)

Dec. 12th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1am)
"funk ball"-paying tribute to funk legends (james brown, sly,
pfunk, cameo, zapp, etc.)

Jan. 16th-MLK Weekend (8 pm -2 am)
prince vs outkast ii

Feb. 20th-Presidents Day Weekend(8 pm-2am)
prince vs madonna iii

All dates feature the fabulous stylings of DJDredd and are at Modern in
Georgetown.

Prince HouseQuake in September
From:    "Carter, Sharon" <Sharon.-@hq.doe.gov>

Prince Musicology BBQ

When: Saturday, September 18, 2004

Time:   4:00pm - 12:00am

Where: Sharon and Brian's House

8663 Glenarden Parkway

Glenarden, MD 20706

Come out and party under the tent - Rain or shine!

Prince Music All Nite Long

Video Footage

Trivia Games

Karaoke

Raffles

Food

Specialty Drink-"Life O' the Party"

Free Admission

(LovesexyDC Members are especially welcome!!!)

RSVP: CarterE-@aol.com

BYOL/BYOB

No children please.

We have no pets.

LoveSexyDC Fundraiser

We still have a few purple LoveSexyDC CD cases left as well as the "Turn
It Up 2.0" and "Days of Wild" Uptown books - email me or see me know at
laser-@aol.com, if you are interested in purchasing them.

LoveSexyDC Member Comments
From:    "K Thiero" <thie-@hotmail.com>

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your alerts, and information.
You have definitely made access for Prince Fans incredible, and I
appreciate you. I will introduce myself to you next time, maybe
Thursday. My name is Kadidia, and I am friend of Dominic's, and I cam
and partied last night. unfortunately, I don't believe I won the
raffle, but it was all fun. And the Purple Party was cool, but the DJ
didn't even have "She's Always in My Hair", and his flow cannot compare
to DJ Dredd's mix. Many thanks for keeping us posted on all the Prince
haps.
Peace,
Kadidia

Musicology News Links

~ HE'S reinventing the past to make it interesting in the present
Houston Chronicle - Houston,TX,USA
... overtones of The Rainbow Children and the dense jazz of the
instrumental
NEWS, Prince has returned to radio-friendly, club-ready hooks with his
new Musicology. ...
<http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/2723883>

Prince vs. MJ Mix CD
From DJDredd

For those of you that did not pick up your copy of the Prince vs MJ Mix
CD Sunday Night here is the paypal link where you can purchase online:

http://tinyurl.com/45tjf

The CD is $10 and shipping and handling is $3 and the CD is 80 minutes
long.
The track list is:

Intro
I want you back
Alphabet Street
Enjoy yourself
Delirious
Rock my world
7
Remember the time
Gett Off-Urge mix
Say Say Say
Cream
Billie Jean
I wanna be your lover
What have you done for me lately?
Nasty Girl
Off the wall
U got the look-long look
Wanna be startin something
When doves cry
PYT
Raspberry beret
Donít stop til you get enough
Outro

Thanks to all who attended the Prince vs MJ vs Rick James party Sunday
night at Modern.
Next Month on Labor Day Weekend join Lovesexy DC & DJ Dredd for Prince
vs The Neptunes.

RIP-Rick James