Welcome Guest!
 LoveSexyDC
LoveSexyDC Weekly Update  Kathy Jentz
 Aug 20, 2004 14:14 PDT

WHEW! All recovered from last weekend yet? Please send in your reviews!
I'm waiting with mine until I get back from the last 2 shows on this
tour I'm attending one each in Philly & Denver. So far, all I can say is
it keeps getting better & better!

LOTS of news below & some on related artists activities like one of my
all time favorites: Mavis Staples!

MANY LoveSexyDC members will be at the PHILLY shows. Some tix wanted/for
sale below - also Tim from Detroit Crawl has designed a laminate for us
to wear and recognize each other. See ya there!

- Kathy

Philly PRINCE TIX for Sale!!!!!!
From:    "hotstuff 625" <hotstu-@hotmail.com>

hey - i have an extra ticket for the philly show on the 24th! i'm
selling it for face value - $77.00. i think they're gonna be really good
seats! if anyone is interested, please tell them - DO NOT email me! CALL
ME!!!! 443-534-3341! i more than likely will not be checking my email
before then! thanks! i really hope somebody wants this ticket! i'd hate
for it to go to waste!

love and light, amber :)
"lovelife lovegod lovesexy - peace & bewild" O(+>

Philly Tix Wanted #1
From:    "Turner, Robin T CECOM LRC LEO" <Robin.-@us.army.mil>

Robin from NPNY (DC Meet/Greet)
if anyone has member tickets to the August 23 Philly show, I'd like them
to contact me.

turn-@hotmail.com or
robin.-@mail1.monmouth.army.mil

Robin aka CherryMoon

Philly Tix Needed #2
From:    Jennifer White <nail-@mac.com>

I'm looking for 2 tickets to the Sunday Philly show. I can be reached at
nail-@mac.com. Thanks.

LoveSexyDC Philly laminate location
From:    "Timothy Andrassy Jr." <tim_an-@hotmail.com>

The LoveSexyDC Roadtrip - Philly Musicology
tour badge for this weekend and early next. Enjoy.

http://www.thedetroitcrawl.org/downloads/philly.pdf

Timmy

LoveSexyDC Member On Stage Thursday 8/12
From:    KHerna-@CHVA.ORG (Kelli Hernandez ext6878)

OH MY GOD!!!
Did u guys see me on stage with PRINCE??!!   Thursday nite show. I had
on the pink shirt and no shoes. I still can't believe he wiped my
face!!!
Fantastic!!!
~Kelli~

Purple Rain DVD News

Prince Celebrates Birthday Of Purple Rain
Prince will be commemorating the 20th anniversary of his classic film
'Purple Rain' later this year with a re-release of the movie, including
all manner of extra features over two DVDs. For the full story, go to:
http://www.xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=36232

Link provided directly by: Xfm Online PR department

Prince on the Bootsy Album???!
From:    Will Merritt <merri-@yahoo.com>

From eurweb.com:

Finally, Bootsy fans on American soil have something to chew on, with
the recent release of “Play with Bootsy,” which also features a joint
credited to “One” and Bobby Womack called “Groove Eternal.” One reviewer
described the track as “ a slice of cheesy, funk-soul that could have
come straight off a mid-80s Prince album.”

“That just might be Prince,” laughs Bootsy. “We call him ‘the One.’ It’s
kind of a hush/hush deal. We call him ‘Chris - the One.’ That’s a clue.
Throw it out there, you might get some feedback.”

--------------------------------------
Rick James Tribute w/ Prince Mention
Fwd by JayMerry

I'm Rick James, B*tch: The artist behind the Superfreak.
By Tony Green
http://slate.msn.com/id/2105003/

James: The real deal

Among the many downsides to the death of funk legend Rick James was its
uncanny penchant to bring out the worst in human decorum. Namely, the
inability not to go for the obviously stupid one-liner. To wit: I was
hanging out in a record store (they still have those, you know) when the
cashier mentioned that James had died.

Before I could comment, a voice chimed in from behind me. "Rick James is
daid, beeyitch."

Which was tasteless and a little corny. But it caused me to bemoan the
fact that James' status as Joe Cocker to Dave Chappelle's Belushi is
what the average person will remember him for.

Part of it, of course, is James' doing: No one disputes his appetite for
chemical and sexual excesses, least of all the juries that sent him to
jail for two separate sexual assaults in 1991 and 1992. James performed
a mea culpa on "Good Old Days," from his 1997 album Urban Rhapsody, part
of a planned comeback that was derailed by a stroke that same year. And
James' recent appearances demonstrated just how unkind time is to
flashy, spotlight-stealing artistsdouble-chinned super freaks in
too-tight jumpsuits tend to invite ridicule.

But thanks to a news media that can't keep its mind on anything long
enough to provide any semblance of context or perspective, it's tough to
come up with a take on Rick James compelling enough to compete with the
admittedly hilarious Dave Chappelle version (which James himself thought
was pretty funny; Chappelle is now reportedly gearing up for a role in a
James biopic). Even during James' peak, mainstream pop culture didn't
quite get the full picture.

A skilled instrumentalist, songwriter, singer, bandleader, and
performer, James was an heir to the do-it-all mantle that Prince fooled
everybody into believing was his alone. The classic "Rick James
sound"new-wavey synths spread over a barely discernible rock foundation
(he shared bandspace with Neil Young early in his career and played a
Rickenbacker bass more often adopted by rockers like Paul McCartney than
funksters)was just one color in his sonic palette. As a producer, he
knew when to get out of Teena Marie's way, how to make the Mary Jane
Girls sound even better, and how to distract listeners from Eddie
Murphy's voice (on the Murphy vanity project "Party all the Time"). He
could funk with the best of them ("Loosey's Rap") and craft the kind of
slow-grind ballads ("Fire and Desire," "Ebony Eyes") that cause
birthrate spikes. He fit in with both MC Hammer (whose "U Can't Touch
This" spun off James' "Super Freak") and old school stalwarts like
Smokey Robinson and the T!
emptations, both of whom he penned tunes for. Not for nothing did the
American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers honor him with a
Lifetime Achievement Award in June.

Unfortunately, James' salad years coincided with the creation and
consolidation of what Black Rock Coalition founders Greg Tate and Vernon
Reid called "Apartheid Oriented Radio." It may seem hard to believe,
what with urban culture leading the pop world around by its nose
nowadays, but MTV didn't consider urban music part of the "rock 'n'
roll" universe (read: everything that mattered) until Sony allegedly
threatened them with a companywide boycott if they didn't allow Michael
Jackson in their rotation. That opened things up for some other
megastarsPrince, Whitney Houston, Janet Jacksonleaving the rest to
fend for their own on urban-only outlets like BET. The iron curtain
separating "urban" (black acts) from "pop" (white acts, and black
crossover acts) spawned a whole subgenre of artistsmany of them gold-
and platinum-sellingwho are household names to African-Americans and
trivia questions to nearly everyone else: Kashif, Roger Troutman and
Zapp, Levert. James crossed ov!
er, to be sure, but the core of his listenership still consisted of the
ordinary working-class African-Americans who flirted with the jheri curl
for a bit, chilled out with Canei wine, and looked at you funny if you
didn't know who Donnie Simpson was.

The fact that 1980s funk and soul is still searching for its place in
the retrospective pop timeline makes it even tougher to contextualize
James. It was sandwiched between the '70s creative whirlwind (Sly, James
Brown, P-Funk, the Isley Brothers, Stevie Wonder) and the mainstream
rise of hip-hop and New Jack swing, which is kind of like being
president between Reagan and Clinton. One reason for this is that the
'80s spawned what writer Rickey Vincent dubbed "Naked Funk." It was
still funk, but without the extra-musical calling card that helped it
break out of the "urban" ghetto.

The great lie about music of the post-rock era is that it was something
other than dance music at its core. Which is garbage, of coursethe
Rolling Stones aren't still touring because their fans are debating the
meaning of "make some girl."

But the appearance that dance music is something other than "just dance
music" has always been essential to success in a pop-music universe full
of fans who haven't yet disowned critical oxymorons like "intelligent
drum and bass." When you heard P-Funk or Prince, you felt were getting,
at the very least, something more than just a call to shake your ass. On
albums like Funkentelechy vs. the Placebo Syndrome George Clinton
recontextualized extended dance jams as Star Wars-esque space epics with
allegorical references to the corporate entertainment complex. Prince's
mysterious (and sometimes creepy) take on sex and spirituality allowed
you to think that your taste for armchair psychology was impelling you
out of your seat. And more than one hip-hop scribe has ridden the "pain
and roar of a disaffected generation" angle to mainstream status.

James, as good as he was, never really had that kind of cachethis
hedonistic funk-punkster played well, but it didn't obscure the fact
that he was just an extremely accomplished, seriously prolific,
outlandishly funky individual who had more of an effect on pop music
than people give him credit for. That should be enough for people to try
to scratch the surface of the Chappelle caricature, and "Super Freak"
and all the other totems that we associate with his legacy. But in the
real world, it isn't. And that's a bitch.

Tony Green, a musican/writer, lives in Largo. Fla. He teaches 7th grade
at Clearwater Intermediate School and hosts the Grooves show on
Community Radio WMNF-FM in Tampa.

Celebrirt Birthdays at EURWeb
FWD From:    MyaBocca

In a message dated 8/20/2004 10:13:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
in-@eurweb.com writes:
CELEBRITY BIRTHDAYS
        Aug. 21: Actor Clarence Williams III
(The Mod Squad, Purple Rain) is 65.
      Aug. 22: Guitarist Vernon Reid
(Living Colour) is 46; Singer James
DeBarge is 41.

P-Funk Radio
From: Keith Jackson

P- Funk Radio @ www.wefunkonline.com is on this Friday August 20th, 10PM
- 2AM EST
Tune in tonight as we feature the music of, and say Happy Birthday to
Hall of Fame Drummer ...Jerome "Bigfoot" Brailey!!

Peace, Love and Funk to Ya!!!.........JTRP

Mavis Update #1
Fwd From:    JAYMERRY

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:16:42 -0500
From: "Witter, Jeff J." <jeff.w-@jostens.com>
Subject: soul-patrol: Mavis Staples New CD "Have A Little Faith" to be
released on Tuesday, August 17th

_________________________

Just wanted to let you know that Mavis Staples' new CD entitled "Have A
Little Faith" will be released on Tuesday, August 17th. Her first since
Prince produced "The Voice" in 1993.

Jeff Witter

Mavis Update #2
Fwd From:    JAYMERRY

Great (long) article with Prince mention at the end

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/chi-0408010364aug01,1,2833816.story

`I got a lot more to give'
With two new albums ready, Chicago's MAVIS STAPLES bristles at the
idea of retirement

By Greg Kot
Tribune music critic

August 1, 2004

One of the greatest soul singers of the last half-century is named
"Bubbles."

It says so in Mavis Staples' living room, where a certificate hangs
honoring "Bubbles" for co-producing the Grammy-winning 1994 blues
album by her late father, Roebuck "Pops" Staples.

Staples laughs so hard her auburn corkscrew curls start to shake. "My
nickname!" she proclaims. "My mom called me that because I had a
little bubble nose." She couldn't be listed by her birth name in the
album credits because she was under contract to a different label at
the time.

Everywhere in the South Side condo Staples has called home for 30
years there are reminders of a life well-lived, of a close-knit family
raised on hymns, spirituals and acoustic blues. The Staple Singers
arose from the gospel circuit to sell 30 million records and provide
the soundtrack for the civil rights movement with such signature songs
as "Respect Yourself" and "If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)." Among
the memorabilia and collectibles casually furnishing the singer's home
are Pops' old Gibson guitar and a picture of him and Hillary Rodham
Clinton at the White House, a Rhodes piano only a few feet from the
spot where Mavis and Al Bell wrote the Staple Singers' immortal "I'll
Take You There," and a trophy commemorating the Staples' induction
into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1999.

And yet these are also reminders that Mavis Staples' life is moving
on. Both her parents are gone, and Mavis herself recently marked her
64th birthday, as the flowers brightening her sunlit kitchen and
family room attest. Her sister Yvonne remains by her side as her
neighbor and most trusted adviser, and brother Pervis holds down Pops'
old home in suburban Dolton. Sister Cleo, who lives in the same condo
complex, has been sidelined by Alzheimer's, effectively putting an end
to the Staple Singers' 50-year run.

But Mavis Staples bristles when the idea of retirement is broached.
She has not one but two albums ready to go: a Pops Staples album
featuring the final performances by the Staple Singers; and a solo
album, "Have a Little Faith," due out Aug. 17 on Alligator Records.

"It's a shame, us at this point, we still have to prove ourselves all
over again to the music business," she says, her effervescent demeanor
momentarily darkening. "You feel like you're being put out to pasture.
But I still got a voice, and I've got more inside me now than I did
than when we had hits. Look at what I've been through, and what I've
overcome, and what I have to offer to you now. What makes [the music
business] think that it's over?

`What would Pops do?'

"The Lord ain't through with me yet. I got a lot more to do. I got
work to do. So don't hinder me," she continues. "I always think, `What
would Pops do?' I learned from him that had I depended on what other
people think, I would have quit a long time ago."

The proof of Staples' feistiness can be found in "Have a Little
Faith," a blues-tinged gospel album about making the most of troubled
times. It began with a phone call from a fan the day after the Sept.
11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Producer Jim Tullio, a veteran of recording sessions with members of
The Band, Aretha Franklin and John Prine, among others, had lost two
friends in the disaster and poured his feelings into a song, "In Times
Like These." He called Staples, "one of maybe three or four singers I
know that could pull something like this off. I didn't want it to come
off cheesy, and I knew Mavis would give it credibility, believability,
soul."

Partnership begins

Staples agreed to sing it after Tullio faxed her the lyrics. Three
days later they were in the producer's home studio in Winnetka, and
their partnership began. She had been working on her father's record
when Tullio suggested she work on one of her own. But a solo album
wasn't a big priority at first, because Staples felt that her past
efforts to go it alone -- both in collaboration with Prince in 1989
and '93, and for Stax Records in the early '70s -- were unjustly
ignored and under-promoted by record companies.

"She was pretty disillusioned," Tullio says. "I don't think she was
planning on starting a career again." As Tullio began bringing in
songs and backing musicians to the subsequent sessions, Staples found
a comfort zone she had only previously experienced with her family.
Though she didn't have a record deal, the singer believed in the
project so much that she poured $50,000 of her own money into it.

"It all started with 9/11 and me looking for a way to contribute,"
Staples says. "If Tullio hadn't approached me, I probably would have
continued on with Pops' record. This is the first time in my life that
I really have been solo. I never planned to record without my family.
But when we cut `In Times Like These,' I felt we could make the type
of CD that the Staple Singers always did, a record that would send a
positive message and uplift people."

Sealing the deal was a song written at the 11th hour for the album by
Tullio and guitarist Jim Weider, "Have a Little Faith," in which
Staples turns desperation into a small miracle of determination,
wrapping up an album that embodies Pops Staples' dictum that "if you
want to write for the Staples, read the headlines." Balancing those
moments in which Staples uses her voice to punch a hole through
self-doubt and depression is "Pop's Recipe," a classic mid tempo
Staple Singers grind that recalls the fire and wisdom of the family
patriarch.

Pops, the 13th child in a family of seven sons and seven daughters,
grew up picking cotton on a Mississippi plantation and studying guitar
finger-picking with blues legend Charley Patton, before moving his
young family to Chicago in 1936, where Mavis was born four years
later. He drove his family through the front lines of the Civil Rights
struggle while they toured the Southern gospel circuit in the '50s and
'60s, befriending Martin Luther King in the process.

For all the optimism in the music, there was nothing soft about it or
the family. Instead of allowing himself to get run off the road by
young hot-rodders on rural roads, Pops Staples would drive the family
Cadillac right back into the would-be intimidators until they fled.
His assertiveness was passed on to his children, who learned about
life and music at their father's knee. Mavis Staples' new album closes
with "Will the Circle Be Unbroken," the first song Pops taught his
children when they would gather around him in their living room.

Mistaken for a man

It was at these homespun sing-alongs that Pops developed the harmony
lines for which the group would become famous, with Mavis' heavy,
older-than-her-years contralto assuming the lead; on early recordings
such as "Uncloudy Day," which turned the Staples into stars, she was
often mistaken for a man, or a much older woman, before audiences laid
eyes on the diminutive teenager. The family was touring the gospel
circuit before Mavis was out of high school, and the combination of
her robust leads, Yvonne's second-lead vocals, Cleo's soprano and
Pops' spidery guitar figures gave the Staples a sound like no other
vocal group's.

Though the Staples' voices were steeped in the Baptist church hymns of
their youth, there was always the strong influence of blues and
country, and later they were swept up in the folk movement during the
Civil Rights era. Bob Dylan and Joan Baez worshiped the Staples, whose
songs began to cross over to R&B and then pop radio in the '60s and
'70s. For this "betrayal," the Staples were sometimes taken to task by
members of the gospel community.

"They got on our cases for `I'll Take You There,' because it got
played across the board on radio, " Mavis Staples says. "They said we
were doing the `devil's music,' but I said, `The devil doesn't have
any music. All music is God's music.' Listen to the lyrics in our
songs: `I know a place, ain't nobody crying, ain't nobody worried';
`If you're ready, come go with me'; `Reach out, touch a hand, make a
friend if you can.' These are songs about the world, but they're also
about God being alive for us in the world."

`Everyone was in tears'

In that respect, "Have a Little Faith" picks up exactly where the
Staples left off. For Bruce Iglauer, who signed Staples to his
Chicago-based blues label, Alligator Records, he couldn't have dreamed
it better. "It's one of the most overtly spiritual records we've ever
released, and it's by an artist I never thought this company would be
good enough, big enough or powerful enough to ever sign," he says.

Iglauer says he went to see Staples perform at a blues festival in
Pennsylvania last weekend and was blown away. The showstopper was a
song called "God Is Not Sleeping," a centerpiece of the new album.
Staples was spent at the end of the performance, and so was the
audience. "Everyone was in tears," Iglauer says. "To call it artistry
doesn't cover it. She just swept everyone up in her emotions."

Tullio got a similar rush watching Staples record the album. "I was
asking myself, `Is this really happening?'" he says. "With most
singers, there are usually a number of flubbed notes in every
performance, and you have to patch things together. But with Mavis it
was great, greater and greatest. She says she doesn't `know' music,
but knowing music has nothing to do with it. She knows as much about
music as Beethoven did, in her heart."

An impressive fan club

Mavis Staples talks about two of her biggest fans:

Bob Dylan: "When we met him in New York in the early '60s, he knew our
songs. He said he was 12 when he first heard us, and we later recorded
six or seven Dylan tunes. Pops was crazy about him. One day he told
Daddy, in front of everybody, `Pops, I want to marry Mavis.' Pops
says, `Well, go ask Mavis.' He says, `I love you Mavis, I want to
marry you.' And we started courting. We were about a year apart in
age, and this went on for six, seven years; we would write each other
and call, and see each other occasionally. In '69, I stopped the
relationship. It was always in my mind that I can't marry a white guy.
I was so young and stupid. All I had to do is look around. We had
plenty of white people marching with us. Dr. King loved that. So why
would it be a problem marrying Bob Dylan? To this day, I could kick
myself, because we were really in love. It was one I lost."

Prince: "The first CD we did together [`Time Waits for No One' in
1989], I told him I wanted to sing secular songs: I've been married,
I've had heartache, I want to sing about my life as a woman. But the
disc jockeys were saying that Prince is trying to make a female Prince
out of Mavis, and they didn't like it. The second one [`The Voice' in
1993], he took my letters and wrote my life. I would write 14-,
15-page letters on a yellow legal pad to him. I started from my
childhood, and every song he wrote for me for that album I'd hear
something that was in my letters. `Blood Is Thicker Than Time' is a
song he wrote for my family, and I had to stop about three times
singing that song, I couldn't get through it, because my mother had
passed. My daddy was amazed about the Cain and Abel reference in
there. I said, `Daddy, one of his favorite books is the Bible.' I
didn't know him to be a bad boy, the way so many people think of him.
I feel like he's my adopted son in a way."

- -- Greg Kot
Copyright ) 2004, Chicago Tribune

What To Do This Weekend & Labor Day Weekend!
From DjDredd

This Friday and Every Friday @ Aroma
Join DJ Dredd as he continues his journey through funk, pop, r&b, dance,
hip hop and reggae.
No Dress Code
$2 cover
10pm-2:30am
3417 Connecticut Avenue NW (Cleveland Park)
www.thearomaco.com

Sunday September 5th (Labor Day Weekend) @ Modern
Lovesexy DC & DJ Dredd present:
Prince vs The Neptunes
8pm-2am
Smart, Sexy Dress
$7 Cover
Drink Specials All Night!
3287 M Street NW (Georgetown)
www.primacycompanies.com

Future LoveSexyDC Party Dates @ Modern

NOTE: NEW HOURS - we will no longer start at 7:00 PM and on holiday
weekends we will stay open until 2:00 AM.

Sept. 5th-Labor Day Weekend (8 pm -2 am)
"The Dance Electric"
prince vs neptunes

Oct. 10th-Columbus Day Weekend (8pm -2am)
prince vs everybody ii
(just like we did before, prince mixed with
club hits and newer hits, hip hop, etc.)

Nov. 14th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1 am)
"pop life"-featuring top pop hits from prince and from other
artists (culture club, eurythmics, etc.)

Dec. 12th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1am)
"funk ball"-paying tribute to funk legends (james brown, sly,
pfunk, cameo, zapp, etc.)

Jan. 16th-MLK Weekend (8 pm -2 am)
prince vs outkast ii

Feb. 20th-Presidents Day Weekend(8 pm-2am)
prince vs madonna iii

All dates feature the fabulous stylings of DJDredd and are at Modern in
Georgetown.

Prince HouseQuake in September
From:    "Carter, Sharon" <Sharon.-@hq.doe.gov>

Prince Musicology BBQ

When: Saturday, September 18, 2004

Time:   4:00pm - 12:00am

Where: Sharon and Brian's House

8663 Glenarden Parkway

Glenarden, MD 20706

Come out and party under the tent - Rain or shine!

Prince Music All Nite Long

Video Footage

Trivia Games

Karaoke

Raffles

Food

Specialty Drink-"Life O' the Party"

Free Admission

(LovesexyDC Members are especially welcome!!!)

RSVP: CarterE-@aol.com

BYOL/BYOB

No children please.

We have no pets.

LoveSexyDC Fundraiser

We still have a few purple LoveSexyDC CD cases left as well as the "Turn

It Up 2.0" and "Days of Wild" Uptown books - email me or see me know at

laser-@aol.com, if you are interested in purchasing them.

Prince vs. MJ Mix CD
From DJDredd

For those of you that did not pick up your copy of the Prince vs MJ Mix
CD Sunday Night here is the paypal link where you can purchase online:

http://tinyurl.com/45tjf

The CD is $10 and shipping and handling is $3 and the CD is 80 minutes
long.
The track list is:

Intro
I want you back
Alphabet Street
Enjoy yourself
Delirious
Rock my world
7
Remember the time
Gett Off-Urge mix
Say Say Say
Cream
Billie Jean
I wanna be your lover
What have you done for me lately?
Nasty Girl
Off the wall
U got the look-long look
Wanna be startin something
When doves cry
PYT
Raspberry beret
Don't stop til you get enough
Outro

Thanks to all who attended the Prince vs MJ vs Rick James party Sunday
night at Modern.
Next Month on Labor Day Weekend join Lovesexy DC & DJ Dredd for Prince
vs The Neptunes.

RIP-Rick James

Musicology News Links

~ PRINCE'S 'Musicology' : relaxed genius
Santa Fe New Mexican - Santa Fe,NM,USA
... What is so refreshing about the platinum-selling "Musicology," his
latest and tightest album in years, is that the Artist Formerly Known
As Prince and Is ...
<http://www.santafenewmexican.com/artsfeatures/2912.html>

~ SIMPSON slips back into top spot
Variety (subscription) - USA
... 6 with 73,000 after slipping to 11th the previous week. Right behind

her, Prince's NPG/Columbia release "Musicology" returned to the royal
ranks at No. ...
<http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117908955?categoryid=16&cs=1>

~ ASHLEE Simpson's `Autobiography' tops the charts! :
123Bharath.com - India
... various 3. License to Chill, Jimmy Buffett 4. Confessions, Usher 5.
Here for the Party, Gretchen Wilson 6. Under My Skin, Avril Lavigne 7.
Musicology, Prince 8 ...
http://www.123bharath.com/hollywood-news/index.php?action=fullnews&id=7846

~ IT'S good to be Prince
Boston Globe - Boston,MA,USA
Prince has been playing to sell-out and near sell-out crowds across the
country since March on the `Musicology` tour, named for his biggest
album
in a decade. ...
<http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2004/08/15/its_good_to_be_prince>

See all stories on this topic:
<http://news.google.com/news?ie=utf8&oe=utf8&persist=1&num=30&hl=en&client=google&newsclusterurl=http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2004/08/15/its_good_to_be_prince>

~ FOR Prince, it's the fans who are making a comeback
Providence Journal (subscription) - Providence,RI,USA
... His Musicology album is his best-reviewed and best-selling disc in
years. ... Musicology is Prince's most mainstream disc since 1999's Rave
Un2 the Joy Fantastic. ...
<http://www.projo.com/music/content/projo_20040815_osprince.156bff.html>

~ 'IT'S not profitable to have an opinion'
Providence Journal (subscription) - Providence,RI,USA
... It's not profitable to have an opinion.". On politicians and "Dear
Man" on Musicology: "It's aimed at lies, liars and mendacity. The
absurdity.
<http://www.projo.com/music/content/projo_20040815_princside.1569ea.html>

~ SOMETHING'S PHISH-Y AT A MOVIE THEATER NEAR YOU
New York Post - New York,NY,USA
... "This would be the longest simulcast we've done," adds Diamond,
whose
company also arranged a satellite broadcast of Prince's Musicology tour
launch in Los ...
<http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/18694.htm>

~ POP Psychology: Where would we be wi
Marlborough Enterprise - Marlborough,MA,USA
... Word has it the "Musicology" tour will be the last chance to hear
the
hits, but even if it isn't Prince concerts are a pretty rare and special
event, so if you ...
<http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/artsCulture/view.bg?articleid=75492>