Welcome Guest!
 LoveSexyDC
LoveSexyDC Weekly Update  Kathy Jentz
 Aug 27, 2004 09:37 PDT

Hi!

Just a short one today. Much more for next week...

- Kathy

Good News/Bad News for LoveSexyDC

Our web site may be temporarily down due to the HIGH amount of traffic
we've had in August. If it is down over the next few days, don't fret -
it will be up and back good as new on September 1. Ahh, the problems of
being popular....

Future LoveSexyDC Party Dates @ Modern

NOTE: NEW HOURS - we will no longer start at 7:00 PM and on holiday
weekends we will stay open until 2:00 AM.

Sept. 5th-Labor Day Weekend (8 pm -2 am)
"The Dance Electric"
prince vs neptunes

Oct. 10th-Columbus Day Weekend (8pm -2am)
prince vs everybody ii
(just like we did before, prince mixed with
club hits and newer hits, hip hop, etc.)

Nov. 14th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1 am)
"pop life"-featuring top pop hits from prince and from other
artists (culture club, eurythmics, etc.)

Dec. 12th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1am)
"funk ball"-paying tribute to funk legends (james brown, sly,
pfunk, cameo, zapp, etc.)

Jan. 16th-MLK Weekend (8 pm -2 am)
prince vs outkast ii

Feb. 20th-Presidents Day Weekend(8 pm-2am)
prince vs madonna iii

All dates feature the fabulous stylings of DJDredd and are at Modern in
Georgetown.

Prince HouseQuake in September
From:    "Carter, Sharon" <Sharon.-@hq.doe.gov>

Prince Musicology BBQ

When: Saturday, September 18, 2004

Time:   4:00pm - 12:00am

Where: Sharon and Brian's House

8663 Glenarden Parkway

Glenarden, MD 20706

Come out and party under the tent - Rain or shine!

Prince Music All Nite Long

Video Footage

Trivia Games

Karaoke

Raffles

Food

Specialty Drink-"Life O' the Party"

Free Admission

(LovesexyDC Members are especially welcome!!!)

RSVP: CarterE-@aol.com

BYOL/BYOB

No children please.

We have no pets.

LoveSexyDC Fundraiser

We still have a few purple LoveSexyDC CD cases left as well as the "Turn

It Up 2.0" and "Days of Wild"  Uptown books - email me or see me know at

laser-@aol.com, if you are interested in purchasing them.

Prince vs. MJ Mix CD
From DJDredd

For those of you that did not pick up your copy of the Prince vs MJ Mix
CD Sunday Night here is the paypal link where you can purchase online:

http://tinyurl.com/45tjf

The CD is $10 and shipping and handling is $3 and the CD is 80 minutes
long.
The track list is:

Intro
I want you back
Alphabet Street
Enjoy yourself
Delirious
Rock my world
7
Remember the time
Gett Off-Urge mix
Say Say Say
Cream
Billie Jean
I wanna be your lover
What have you done for me lately?
Nasty Girl
Off the wall
U got the look-long look
Wanna be startin something
When doves cry
PYT
Raspberry beret
Don't stop til you get enough
Outro

Thanks to all who attended the Prince vs MJ vs Rick James party Sunday
night at Modern.
Next Month on Labor Day Weekend join Lovesexy DC & DJ Dredd for Prince
vs The Neptunes.

RIP-Rick James

CNNfn's The Biz  to Re-broadcast Prince Interview
  From: SMFoley7

CNNfn's The Biz  to Re-broadcast Prince Interview - Labor Day -  9/6

CNNfn's The Biz will rebroadcast its interview with Prince on Labor
Day (Monday, Sept. 6) at the following times (all times are Eastern):

12:30p - 1:00p
4:30p - 5:00p
9:30p - 10:00p

CNNfn can be found on the following satellite services:

Dish: 206
DirecTV: 358

It's also on many cable services, check your local line-up.

... will get some royalties from the DVD, that is chump change compared
with what he's hauling in from his concert tour or his current
bestselling
CD, "Musicology ...
<http://www.startribune.com/stories/389/4941691.html>

REVIEW | Prince succeeds in his mission
philly.com (subscription) - Philadelphia,PA,USA
... There were many highlights -- the obligatory encore “Purple Rain,”
the rumbling “Life O the Party” from the current Musicology, a
treatment
of “I ...
<http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/breaking_news/9474472.htm>

end of message