Welcome Guest!
 LoveSexyDC
LoveSexyDC Weekly Update  Kathy Jentz
 Sep 10, 2004 11:31 PDT

Hi all you "Purple Hippies"!

Thanks to all who made Sunday's party another terrific success -
including DJDredd, Jenn, and Becca. It was one of our biggest yet! That
line out front at Midnight was even attracting all the tourists'
attention!

Hope to see many of you at the HouseQuake BBQ on September 18 - don't
forget to RSVP to our party hosts. Details below...

- Kathy

September Party Raffle Winners

Congratulations to the following Raffle Winners from our September
Party! (The prizes this month were generously donated by DJDredd.)

~ Aaron Costello won the Prince v. Madonna Mix CD

~ Desiree Hackley won the Prince v. Michael Jackson Mix CD

~ Jamie D. Brooks won the $50 Jaleo gift certificate:

If you haven't been to Jaleo yet, you owe yourself a nice treat - here
is their web site: http://www.jaleo.com/

September Raffle Voting

For best dance jams, the votes were:

47 ~ Prince
5 ~ The Neptunes
4 ~ no opinion

Ouch! Although the dance floor "voting" looked pretty even to me, the
actual tally tells a different story.

Note From A Raffle Winner
From:    Aaron C.

Wow, I didn't expect this.

I would also like to thank you VERY VERY much for all of the work and
effort you put into Love Sexy DC and the Prince Parties.

I've been going to the Modern parties since February, and although I go
out probably 4 nights a week, what I always look forward to is the
monthly Sunday night jam which some call "Prince Night" but I call
"church" because it is my personal release.

Maybe you've noticed me, I'm the tall thin white boy who always shows up
by himself to break it down on the dance floor.

Regardless, thank you for the all the love you must put into these
parties and you have my up-most appreciation for putting together one of
the most chill, diverse, and truly unpretenious parties in all of DC.

Aaron Costello

Looking to Promote Your Business to Fellow LoveSexyDC Members?

We are looking for local area businesses to donate raffle prizes for our
parties. If you own or promote an area business, this is an ideal way to
gain publicity for a very small investment. (Samples: if you own a
retail store, donate a $25 gift certificate; if you promote an event,
donate 2 tickets; etc.) We will promote your prize donations in our
advance publicity as well as at the event itself.
   If you are interested in donating raffle prizes, please contact me at
Laser-@aol.com.

LoveSexyDC in Local Papers (Again :-)

LoveSexyDC in Wash. Post Express

See the listings on page 14 and 18
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/express/pdfs/EXPRESS_09032004.pdf

Also, in case you missed last week's edition of "Metro Weekly" - here is
the excerpt:

http://www.metroweekly.com/nightlife/soundwaves/?ak=1224&PHPSESSID=06c05830761118c1f1ac49b3efa78caa

PARTY LIKE IT’S PRINCE (OR PHARELL)… Those who devote their lives to the
recreational study of funky R&B/dance music -- that is, Musicology,
Prince style -- have only one place to go this Sunday, September 5,
provided they’re also looking for something unusual and not so gay. Why
do we say LoveSexyDC’s “The Dance Electric” September Dance Party is not
gay? Because of this announcement from the group: “Dress: Stylish & Sexy
(no athletic gear please).” Generally speaking, you don’t tell gay
people what to wear, and you don’t have to. DJ Dredd will spin a battle
between Prince tunes and those clearly Prince-inspired sounds of The
Neptunes -- that’s Chad Hugo and Pharell Williams, the hitmaking
producers responsible for Kelis’ “Milkshake,” Britney Spears’ “I’m A
Slave 4 U” and, of course, Pharell’s own “Frontin’.” Who will win? New
power of soul, no question. The revolution begins at 8 p.m. at
Georgetown’s Modern nightclub. Cost is , which enters you into a raffle
for “Prince-ly prizes” and allows you access to “Prince-ly Drink
Specials.” Visit www.LoveSexyDC.org for more info…

LoveSexyDC October Party Details

Party theme: Prince vs. Everybody - Part 2

Date: Sunday, October 10th 2004 (Colubus Day Weekend)

Time: 8:00 PM, lasts until 2:00 AM (new hours)

Location: Modern, 3287 M St., NW, Georgetown, Washington DC

Cost: $7

Valid Picture ID Required
Must be 21 to enter

Dress: Stylish & Sexy (no athletic gear please)

Music: DJDredd on the turntables

Special Features:
LoveSexyDC free raffle for amazingly Prince-ly prizes..

Be Sure to Ask the Bartenders about the Prince-ly Drink Specials

Future LoveSexyDC Party Dates @ Modern

NOTE: NEW HOURS - we will no longer start at 7:00 PM and on holiday
weekends we will stay open until 2:00 AM.

Nov. 14th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1 am)
"pop life"-featuring top pop hits from prince and from other
artists (culture club, eurythmics, etc.)

Dec. 12th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1am)
"funk ball"-paying tribute to funk legends (james brown, sly,
pfunk, cameo, zapp, etc.)

Jan. 16th-MLK Weekend (8 pm -2 am)
prince vs outkast ii

Feb. 20th-Presidents Day Weekend(8 pm-2am)
prince vs madonna iii

All dates feature the fabulous stylings of DJDredd and are at Modern in
Georgetown.

Prince HouseQuake in September
From: "Carter, Sharon" <Sharon.-@hq.doe.gov>

Prince Musicology BBQ

When: Saturday, September 18, 2004

Time: 4:00pm - 12:00am

Where: Sharon and Brian's House

8663 Glenarden Parkway

Glenarden, MD 20706

Come out and party under the tent - Rain or shine!

Prince Music All Nite Long

Video Footage

Trivia Games

Karaoke

Raffles

Food

Specialty Drink-"Life O' the Party"

Free Admission

(LovesexyDC Members are especially welcome!!!)

RSVP: CarterE-@aol.com

BYOL/BYOB
No children please.
We have no pets.

LoveSexyDC Fundraiser

We still have a few purple LoveSexyDC CD cases left as well as the "Turn
It Up 2.0" and "Days of Wild" Uptown books - email me or see me know at
laser-@aol.com, if you are interested in purchasing them.

... Prince. You can't go wrong with the Purple One this year. His
``Musicology''
tour is a testament to being forever young and forever relevant. ...
<http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/entertainment/music/9567141.htm>

~ LL Cool J Can't Topple Tim McGraw; VMAs Provide Juice On Albums ...
MTV - USA
... Conversely, Prince's Musicology fell two spots, from #7 to #9,
though
the 87,000 copies it sold last week mark an 11 percent improvement. ...
<http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1490840/20040908/ll_cool_j.jhtml?headlines=true>

See all stories on this topic:
<http://news.google.com/news?ie=utf8&oe=utf8&persist=1&num=30&hl=en&client=google&ncl=http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1490840/20040908/ll_cool_j.jhtml%3Fheadlines%3Dtrue>

~ TIM McGraw stays atop the Billboard 200
Big News Network.com - Australia
... 7 and Ashlee Simpson's Autobiography ranked No. 8. Prince's
Musicology
is No. 9 and Mase's Welcome Back capped off the Top 10 at No. 10.
<http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?rid=888f7ce683f47ba1&cat=dd8845aa60952db2>

LETTERS: Prince Fans, Laura Love, RNC, Detroit
NPR (audio) - USA
... I was lucky enough to see one of the "Musicology" concerts here in
Chicago, and you are correct when you say it is a spiritual
experience.'. ...

~ MCGILL University Celebrates 100 Years of Music
La Scena Musicale
... The faculty is also a first-rate research centre for musical
technology, composition theory, musicology, and musical education, in
addition to being active in ...

~ '80S NOSTALGIA AND THE VICIOUS CIRCLE
PopMatters - Chicago,IL,USA
... In April Prince released Musicology, a decidedly old school,
signature record, largely considered his best since 1987's Sign of the
Times. ...

If this was firwarded to you and you are not a LoveSexyDC member, you
can subscribe to our FREE weekly enewsletter by sending a blank email
to: LoveSexyDC-@topica.com.