Welcome Guest!
 LoveSexyDC
LoveSexyDC Weekly Update  Kathy Jentz
 Sep 17, 2004 11:07 PDT

Hi!

First order of biz, we are getting bounced by almost all our AOL
addresses on this list - please make sure to add us to your "OK" list of
senders and to spread the word to anyone who has an AOL account that you
know.

Second - tomorrow (Saturday) is Sharon's BarBQ - details below. It is
rainor shine. Should the storms really blow - they have a tent and some
indoor space, we'll party like it really is 1999!

More below ...

- Kathy

Looking to Promote Your Business to Fellow LoveSexyDC Members?

We are looking for local area businesses to donate raffle prizes for our

parties. If you own or promote an area business, this is an ideal way to

gain publicity for a very small investment. (Samples: if you own a
retail store, donate a $25 gift certificate; if you promote an event,
donate 2 tickets; etc.) We will promote your prize donations in our
advance publicity as well as at the event itself.
   If you are interested in donating raffle prizes, please contact me at

Laser-@aol.com.

Prince HouseQuake in September
From: "Carter, Sharon" <Sharon.-@hq.doe.gov>

Prince Musicology BBQ

When: Saturday, September 18, 2004

Time: 4:00pm - 12:00am

Where: Sharon and Brian's House

8663 Glenarden Parkway

Glenarden, MD 20706

Come out and party under the tent - Rain or shine!

Prince Music All Nite Long

Video Footage

Trivia Games

Karaoke

Raffles

Food

Specialty Drink-"Life O' the Party"

Free Admission

(LovesexyDC Members are especially welcome!!!)

RSVP: CarterE-@aol.com

BYOL/BYOB
No children please.
We have no pets.

LoveSexyDC October Party Details

Party theme: Prince vs. Everybody - Part 2

Date: Sunday, October 10th 2004 (Colubus Day Weekend)

Time: 8:00 PM, lasts until 2:00 AM (new hours)

Location: Modern, 3287 M St., NW, Georgetown, Washington DC

Cost: $7

Valid Picture ID Required
Must be 21 to enter

Dress: Stylish & Sexy (no athletic gear please)

Music: DJDredd on the turntables

Special Features:
LoveSexyDC free raffle for amazingly Prince-ly prizes..

Be Sure to Ask the Bartenders about the Prince-ly Drink Specials

Future LoveSexyDC Party Dates @ Modern

NOTE: NEW HOURS - we will no longer start at 7:00 PM and on holiday
weekends we will stay open until 2:00 AM.

Nov. 14th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1 am)
"pop life"-featuring top pop hits from prince and from other
artists (culture club, eurythmics, etc.)

Dec. 12th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1am)
"funk ball"-paying tribute to funk legends (james brown, sly,
pfunk, cameo, zapp, etc.)

Jan. 16th-MLK Weekend (8 pm -2 am)
prince vs outkast ii

Feb. 20th-Presidents Day Weekend(8 pm-2am)
prince vs madonna iii

All dates feature the fabulous stylings of DJDredd and are at Modern in
Georgetown.

LoveSexyDC Fundraiser

We still have just a few purple LoveSexyDC CD cases left as well as the
"Turn
It Up 2.0" and "Days of Wild" Uptown books - email me or see me know at
laser-@aol.com, if you are interested in purchasing them.

Jia Kennie Blackwell Memorial Scholarship Fund
From: Mttidwell

Posted at NPGMC 9/10/04:

Fellow Fans of John Blackwell:

Like all of you, I am as much in awe of John’s talent and as entertained
by his contributions to
the New Power Generation as I am heartbroken by his family’s loss.

As you know, John’s alma mater, the Berklee College of Music, has
established the
Jia Kennie Blackwell Memorial Scholarship Fund, and is organizing a
fund-raising concert on campus in Boston featuring John and his friends,
tentatively scheduled for December 11th.

Tickets for the concert, to be held at the Berklee Perfomance Center,
are not yet on sale. As soon as I know anything, I’ll pass it along. I
hope the rest of you do likewise. Let’s hope that Berklee and NPGMC can
collaborate on a ticket set-aside, pre-sale, or auction arrangement that
rewards members of NPGMC who are able to give generously. Otherwise,
we’ll all have to join the great unwashed and do that icky Ticketmaster
thing or work through the BPC Box Office.

Some of the proceeds from this concert will be used to promote water
safety. The majority of the proceeds will go towards the endowment of a
permanent scholarship fund at Berklee. Scholarship recipients will be
gifted female musicians attending Berklee who demonstrate a need for
financial assistance in order to begin or continue their studies.

Whether or not any of us end up going to the concert, I hope that allof
us are able – through as generous a tax-deductible contribution to the
fund as we can afford – to let the Blackwell family know where our
hearts are.

Contributions to the fund can be made by check payable to “Berklee
College of Music”. On your check, please be sure to note, “Jia Blackwell
Fund”. Then, mail your check to the following address:
Marjorie O’Malley
Berklee College of Music
MS 1140 I.A.
1140 Boylston Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02215
USA

Keep the party movin' by $howin' your love.

[777updatePrinceNewsletter]
New Prince vid being shot/Overseas Tour news(?)
From:    "j7rolthadice" <J-@thebumpsquad.com>

The 777 Update is unauthorized and is in no way connected with
Prince, NPG Records, Paisley Park, the NPG Music Club, Warner
Brothers or Sony/Columbia.

Prince is in Los Angeles right now and is scheduled to be fimlimg a
video for "A Million Days" as you read this with the video shoot
commencing over the weekend.   Rumor has it Prince will be in this
one solo without any band members.

Candy Dulfer will be touring Europe in the months of
November/December. For more info on upcoming tour dates, please
check www.candydulfer.com

The Musicology tour will resume in early 2005. Now don't hold me to
this, but rumor has it the European leg will start in mid-February,
while Japan tour dates should be taking place in January. SUBJECT
TO CHANGE! For pre-sale information, please check Prince's official
website www.npgmusicclub.com as the dates become closer. Tour
rehearsals should be starting soon so that may mean different
setlists.

Almost all of the Musicology U.S. tour shows were recorded. More
cameras than usual were at the L.A. opening night event and the
Madison Square Garden shows as well as a show in Detroit. Prince
should def release a Musicology tour DVD and I am sure he is aware
of the multiple fan recorded boots citculating as of late.

The 777 Update is in need of a major facelift, it needs more work
than Joan Rivers. So while the update tries to find it's way, the
updates will be more frequent and sent out as alerts when news
breaks. In this day and age of the internet and a fan group around
every corner, we don't want to get lost in the mix.

This update is dedicated to John Blackwell. May God bless u in
these hard and difficult times. I know right now, u have a "f" the
world attitude and I guess rightly so. Just know that myself and
thousands of Prince fans believe in u and love u. Whereever u go,
whatever u do, we are here for you.

Be wild hippies, and make love to someone tonight and thank you for your
patience.

Morris & Jerome are Cartoon Characters
From: Zeinabau

Ok have to admit it... I was watching the new cartoons on Kids! WB this
Saturday and almost did a double take. Why? Because I could hear the
vocal talents of Morris Day and Jermone!!! Yes Morris Day and Jermone
are the voices behind the villianous duo of Hedlock and Jermone on the
WB's new animated series "Da Boom Crew".

If you don't believe me check out the show's flash intro:

http://kidswb.warnerbros.com/web/stuff/stuff_display.jsp?id=BMC

Lela "Zeinabau" Jefferson

Rosie News
From:    JAYMERRY

Date: 9/12/2004 8:30:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Subject: soul-patrol: ROSIE FINDS 'FREEDOM' ON DOME
_________________________

http://www.domerecords.co.uk/pages/newsupdate.htm

'Been there (with Prince).done that (with Motown)

Now Rosie Gaines is back.and how!

..A SOUL MASTERPIECE!' - Terry Jones, Urban Essentials

Rosie Gaines resumes her recording career with a new self-produced
collection
'You Gave Me Freedom'.

It's her first major album since her Motown 'Closer Than Close' release
-
the
album which led to her 250,000-selling remix single of the title track
in
1998.
'Freedom' is a 14-song set written, arranged, performed and produced by
Rosie.
            The California-based vocalist and keyboard player, who
established herself
as a
key member of Prince's New Power Generation with her powerful vocals on
such

songs as 'Diamonds and Pearls' and 'Nothing Compares 2 U', has been
writing

constantly over the past five years. She has written a Grammy
Award-winning
song
for Patti Labelle and has also written material for Mavis Staples.

She was featured as a guest with Snoop Dogg on the 2002 Bootsy Collins
album

'Play With Bootsy', and several of the tracks on the new album have a
definite
P-funk influence.

In recent months the opening cut from the album, 'I Can't Get You Off My

Mind',
has become a firm favourite of UK soul DJs following its inclusion on
the
Hidden
Beach compilation 'Hidden Hits'.

The album, which is licensed to Dome via Rosie's own production company
Dredlix
Music, is attracting airplay on a number of cuts, including the
exquisitely

soulful 'Honeychild' and the steamy sexuality of 'Wanna Be'. Also
featured
is
Rosie's own take on 'My Man', the classic song long associated with
Billie

Holiday.

Love Connection at DC Prince Concert?

Saw this in last week's Washington Post "You Caught My Eye" personal

 Prince concert, Friday 8/13/04. Angie, 27, with older expecting sister,
Section 407, row E, seat 12. I: row F, you touched my soul, please call.
426372 <

Could this be you?
To listen and respond to an ad, call (900) 226-0725
Call costs $2.49 per minute.
To pay with a credit card, call (866) 415-0339

... Longtime Grammy insiders and observers surveyed by Pop Eye consider
Prince's "Musicology" to be among the favorites for album of the year
consideration. ...
http://www.calendarlive.com/services/site/premium/access-premium-1.intercept

~ GREAT Scott! Jill's triumphant return
Houston Chronicle - Houston,TX,USA
... A few nights earlier, she was invited to be the surprise opening act
for Prince when his Musicology tour rolledinto her native Philadelphia.
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/ae/music/jump/2788161

~ A no to booze, a Yes to papadom
San Diego Union Tribune - San Diego,CA,USA
... Last Sunday at Cox Arena, Prince and his band delivered a
crowd-pleasing set that opened with the title track from his current
"Musicology" album and closed ...
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20040912-9999-1a12varga.html

~ A soundtrack full of memories
Philippine Star - Manila,Philippines
... Now 16 by Various Artists; Happy People/U Saved Me by R. Kelly;
Straight Outta Ca$hville by Young Buck; Autobiography by Ashlee Simpson;
Musicology by Prince ...
http://www.philstar.com/philstar/News200409131703.htm

If this was forwarded to you and you are not a LoveSexyDC member, you
can subscribe to our FREE weekly enewsletter by sending a blank email
to: LoveSexyDC-@topica.com.