Welcome Guest!
 LoveSexyDC
LoveSexyDC Weekly Update  Kathy Jentz
 Oct 01, 2004 12:32 PDT

Hi all you "Purple Hippies"!

Exciting news! Our raffle prize for the October 10 party will be One
Month of Unlimited Classes FREE at the ADVANCE Martial Ats Studio near
White Flint Mall.

Fellow LoveSexyDC member Melody says, "We are a professional, full
service school. We teach adults, children and families in a positive,
friendly environment." More info on Tae Kwon Do and Melody's studio at:
<http://www.advancemartialarts.com>.

Sounds like some real fun for the "True Funk Soldiers" :-)

Party details & more news below...
- Kathy

LoveSexyDC October Party Details

Party theme: Prince vs. Everybody - Part 2

Date: Sunday, October 10th 2004 (Colubus Day Weekend)

Time: 8:00 PM, lasts until 2:00 AM (new hours)

Location: Modern, 3287 M St., NW, Georgetown, Washington DC

Cost: $7

Valid Picture ID Required
Must be 21 to enter

Dress: Stylish & Sexy (no athletic gear please)

Music: DJDredd on the turntables

Special Features:
LoveSexyDC free raffle for Tae Kwon Do lessons at ADVANCE Martials Arts
<www.advancemartialarts.com> and other amazingly Prince-ly prizes..

Be Sure to Ask the Bartenders about the Prince-ly Drink Specials

Future LoveSexyDC Party Dates @ Modern

NOTE: NEW HOURS - we will no longer start at 7:00 PM and on holiday
weekends we will stay open until 2:00 AM.

Nov. 14th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1 am)
"pop life"-featuring top pop hits from prince and from other
artists (culture club, eurythmics, etc.)

Dec. 12th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1am)
"funk ball"-paying tribute to funk legends (james brown, sly,
pfunk, cameo, zapp, etc.)

Jan. 16th-MLK Weekend (8 pm -2 am)
prince vs outkast ii

Feb. 20th-Presidents Day Weekend(8 pm-2am)
prince vs madonna iii

All dates feature the fabulous stylings of DJDredd and are at Modern in
Georgetown.

LoveSexyDC Fundraiser

We still have a few purple LoveSexyDC CD cases left as well as the "Turn
It Up 2.0" and "Days of Wild" Uptown books - email me or see me know at
laser-@aol.com, if you are interested in purchasing them.

Purple Rain T-Shirt

Check it out at a Hot Topic mall store near you or online at:

http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=324913&RN=102

CJ Reporting WAY Late on the SmokingGun Rider Story

Looking to Promote Your Business to Fellow LoveSexyDC Members?

We are looking for local area businesses to donate raffle prizes for our
parties. If you own or promote an area business, this is an ideal way to
gain publicity for a very small investment. (Samples: if you own a
retail store, donate a $25 gift certificate; if you promote an event,
donate 2 tickets; etc.) We will promote your prize donations in our
advance publicity as well as at the event itself.
   If you are interested in donating raffle prizes, please contact me at
Laser-@aol.com.

"Cinnamon Girl" Video & Other Club News
From: NPGMC

High NPGMC,

The Latest Updates from the NPG Music Club:

** Check out the new video 4 "Cinnamon Girl" in the CYBERCLIPS room in
the club. The clip features Keisha Castle-Hughes and will have everyone
talking in the months 2 come. Do NOT sleep on this one. 3 additional
clips have also been added, go there NOW.

** The Musicology 2004ever tourbooks have been added 2 NPG Retail. Buy
them now because once they are sold out, they are sold out. U can also
get the latest concert tees, the Prince in Hawaii Gift Box, and the
NPGMC Prepaid Membership Card. The perfect gift 4 those in need of the
new funk.

** 4 those who missed it, we have added 3 live per4mance videos 2 the
MUSICOLOGY DOWNLOAD STORE of Prince & The NPG taped at the Much More
Music Studios in Toronto, Canada over the summer. U can download
"Musicology," "Kiss," and "D.M.S.R." taped live in front of a hyped
audience of NPGMC members.

And while ur there, don't 4get 2 check out downloads of "Silver Tongue
(demo)," "Magnificent," and "The United States Of Division." The perfect
virtual B-Sides 2 complete ur Musicology experience.

Love4oneanother,
The NPG Music Club
www.npgmusicclub.com

Jill Scott and Prince Connection
From: 777updatePrin-@yahoogroups.com

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1491420/20040927/index.jhtml?
headlines=true

Although it is the title of her award-winning 2000 debut, nowadays
the last question you want to ask Philly's R&B "it" Girl is Who Is
Jill Scott?

"People ask me that all the time when I first meet them, and it
really gets on my nerves," Scott grumbled. "To be honest, sometimes
it makes me want to hang up the phone!"

Despite the serene, soulful vibe the singer gives off in most of her
music, you don't want to get on Scott's bad side. If pushed, she
just might flash back to her younger days and be tempted to whoop
your ass right there on the spot.

"I've done a lot of fighting in my time, and I'm down to do some
more," the Grammy-nominated artist said, reflecting on growing up in
the projects of North Philadelphia. "I don't want to, but you know,
there's just certain things that you can't sit down and take. I'm
better with my tongue now than I used to be. Before, it would just
take a few words and fists were flying."

Fortunately for fans, Scott has better things to do with her time
these days than serve knuckle sandwiches. Having just dropped her
second studio album, Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds, Vol. 2.,
which debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200 this month, the self-
described "street girl" is too busy enjoying herself: She recently
shed 35 pounds, married her longtime sweetie, Lyzel, and fulfilled a
lifelong dream, opening a concert for the Great Purple One in her
hometown.

"I am a huge Prince fan," Scott said giddily over the phone from
downtown Los Angeles, where she was shooting the video for the
follow-up to her first single, "Golden," a shiny, infectious tune
about living life to the fullest. "It's a very rare thing for him to
have people open for him. It's been the Time and Sheila E., and
that's about it. Building a relationship with him has been like a
dream come true. I've been looking for a mentor, and I feel like I
have that in him." Scott, who's been busy penning a forthcoming book
of poetry titled "The Minutes, the Moments, the Hours," says that
other collaborations with Prince may be in the works. "We've been
talking about doing a few things together. I have something for him
to do, and I think he has a few things for me to do, too. I'm really
excited about what the future holds."

Like many of the most personal songs on the singer's often poignant
and mellifluous new offering, the second single, "Whatever," is
inspired by Scott's muse, her co-manager and husband of the past two
years. "Not to sound arrogant, but Lyzel and I know that we are in
some ways a beacon for folks who don't believe in love anymore,"
Scott said. "He is my soul mate, my equal, and I wish everyone could
have that.

"The video for 'Whatever' is kind of a documentary in a way," she
continued. "It's showing that love can last. Not just in your early
20s or your late 30s, but in your 50s, 60s and 70s. There's an awful
myth out there that when you get married, love and lovemaking fade.
It's not true. When you're really in love with somebody, the
experience is far more superior than a thousand shags and a thousand
funky hotel rooms. It's magic. You know, you don't need a lot of
chocolate to know how good it is."

The clip, shot by director Lenny Bass (Nappy Roots, Craig David),
takes place in a 150-year-old mansion in downtown L.A. "The video is
so pretty," the singer said. "It's very colorful. The character is
there with her husband, and basically, we're showing how they
progress in their lives together from about age 30 to 65. The video
showcases a part of the black family that you just don't see enough
of. There are black marriages that are still going strong 40 years
later. You hear so many myths that there aren't any people making
it, but there are. As long as there are some, there's hope."

The voluptuous Scott, who plans to embark on her own "Big and
Beautiful" tour next year, is perhaps the strongest testament to the
hope she sings about in her music. Although she's now blissfully
married, Scott says her deeply intimate lyrics are probably the
reason why so many fans approach her on the street and tell her
their relationship woes. Listening intently and sometimes crying
along with them, Scott says she feels their pain and frustration
deeply because she once walked in their shoes.

"Heartbreak was the impetus to me writing poems and music in the
first place," she explained. "Over the years I had my heart broken
so badly that if I didn't find a way to get all the pain out, I was
going to lose my mind. I was crazy! Like, wanting to slash tires and
smash car windows. Crazy! I was so hurt that I had to write. Then I
went to poetry readings and shared my work, and it was like, damn,
people really understand where I'm coming from. I was like, OK, this
is not only for myself, it's for other people, too. Fortunately a
lot of those painful days are behind me. When I'm going through
something, I've learned to nurture myself, and I stay surrounded by
people who love me. Now I can definitely say I'm living one of the
best periods of my life."

2 subscribe 2 the 777 update email j-@thebumpsquad.com

Mavis Live

Anyone interested in going to see Mavis Stamples ive at the Birchmere in
VA on November 5 ($25/$30)?
Email Laser-@aol.com and we'll see about getting a group together.

Musicology News Links

~ 'VISIONARY' rock trio hits the road
Kalamazoo Gazette - Kalamazoo,MI,USA
... forever. Prince went on that (Musicology) tour, and he needed shoes
and mustache wax, and so I guess I had to contribute.". First ...
http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/kzgazette/index.ssf?/base/features-1/109604102871010.xml

~ NO-SHOW Prince Ruled Minnesota Music Awards
WCCO - Minneapolis,MN,USA
Prince was named artist of the year and also won the best national
recording
award for "Musicology," as well as several other awards. ...
<http://wcco.com/localnews/local_story_267075555.html>

~ PRINCE takes honors at state Music Awards
Minneapolis Star Tribune (subscription) - Minneapolis,MN,USA
With his "Musicology" album still high on the Billboard charts and his
comeback tour in full motion, Prince took the artist of the year award,
best national ...
<http://www.startribune.com/stories/457/4995526.html>

~ PRINCE is king at state music awards
Pioneer Press (subscription) - St. Paul,MN,USA
... Biggest winner of the night: Prince, who was honored for Artist and
Song of the Year, Best National Recording (for "Musicology"), Best
Guitarist,
Best R&B ...
<http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/entertainment/9740674.htm>

~ IF You Build it They Might Not Come
Knight News (subscription) - New York,NY,USA
... One of the few success stories of the summer tour season was
Prince's Musicology tour. He sold out eighty-eight venues by keeping ...
http://www.qcknightnews.com/news/2004/09/28/Music/If.You.Build.It.They.Might.Not.Come-734170.shtml

~ ENHANCING Surround Sound for your Home Theater
DTV Professional - Newport Beach,CA,United States
... Dolby Digital 5.1 was also used to broadcast the opening night of
Prince's Musicology tour via satellite from Los Angeles to other major
markets in the United ...
http://www.dtvprofessional.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=28143

If this was forwarded to you and you are not a LoveSexyDC member, you
can subscribe to our FREE weekly enewsletter by sending a blank email
to: LoveSexyDC-@topica.com.