Welcome Guest!
 LoveSexyDC
LoveSexyDC Weekly Update  Kathy Jentz
 Oct 15, 2004 15:18 PDT

Hi all you "Purple Hippies"!

Damn, between PayPal & Topica is any web service working this week??!!
Glad I could finally send this one out to you all...

Congratulations to the following Raffle Winners from last Sunday's
Party:

~ Kerk Brown won a $50 certificate to Pizzeria Paradiso provided by
DJDredd.
~ Peter Taylor won a One Month of Unlimited Classes FREE at the ADVANCE
Martial Arts Studio near White Flint Mall provided by MasterMel.
~ Adrian Lobito won a One Month of Unlimited Classes FREE at the ADVANCE
Martial Arts Studio near White Flint Mall provided by MasterMel.
~ Karen Hilaski won a One Month of Unlimited Classes FREE at the ADVANCE
Martial Arts Studio near White Flint Mall provided by MasterMel.

Also, our "Prince vs. Everybody Vote" from the party as a blow out:
25 Prince
2 Everybody Else
Hee hee :-) Have a great weekend all!

November Party details & more news below...
- Kathy

November Raffle Prizes

Exciting news! Our raffle prize for the November party will be THREE
MORE certificates for One
Month of Unlimited Classes FREE at the ADVANCE Martial Arts Studio near
White Flint Mall.

Fellow LoveSexyDC member Melody generously provided these and says, "We
are a professional, full
service school. We teach adults, children and families in a positive,
friendly environment." More info on Tae Kwon Do and Melody's studio at:
<http://www.advancemartialarts.com>.

Sounds like some real fun for the "True Funk Soldiers" :-)

LoveSexyDC November Party Details

Party theme: Pop Life

featuring top pop hits from prince and from other
artists (culture club, eurythmics, etc.)

Date: November 14-2nd Sunday

Time: 8:00 PM, lasts until 1:00 AM (new hours)

Location: Modern, 3287 M St., NW, Georgetown, Washington DC

Cost: $7

Valid Picture ID Required
Must be 21 to enter

Dress: Stylish & Sexy (no athletic gear please)

Music: DJDredd on the turntables

Special Features:
LoveSexyDC free raffle for Tae Kwon Do lessons at ADVANCE Martials Arts
<www.advancemartialarts.com> and other amazingly Prince-ly prizes..

Be Sure to Ask the Bartenders about the Prince-ly Drink Specials

Future LoveSexyDC Party Dates @ Modern

NOTE: NEW HOURS - we will no longer start at 7:00 PM and on holiday
weekends we will stay open until 2:00 AM.

Dec. 12th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1am)
"funk ball"-paying tribute to funk legends (james brown, sly,
pfunk, cameo, zapp, etc.)

Jan. 16th-MLK Weekend (8 pm -2 am)
prince vs outkast ii

Feb. 20th-Presidents Day Weekend(8 pm-2am)
prince vs madonna iii

All dates feature the fabulous stylings of DJDredd and are at Modern in
Georgetown.

Steve Parke Appearance

Steven Parke, ex-Paisley Park artist extradornaire, will be appearining
next Thurs. 10/21 at two different Montgomery County library locations
to discuss his new edgar Allan Poe graphic novel. For more information,
call 240-777-0200. It is free to attend :-).

LoveSexyDC Fundraiser

We still have a few purple LoveSexyDC CD cases left as well as the "Turn

It Up 2.0" and "Days of Wild" Uptown books - email me or see me know at
laser-@aol.com, if you are interested in purchasing them.

Sheila E. News

Thanks for joining those who will receive current information about
Sheila E. Stay tuned, as this is the best source for information about
one of the world's best loved and renowned percussionists.

Class E
"Class E" - the new Sheila E. Custom Pro Congas, Bongos and Timbales
were recently launched and introduced by Toca Percussion. To celebrate
their debut, check out the splash page at www.sheilae.com and listen to
an exclusive sample and debut of Sheila's new song "Waiting For You".

Sheila E. visits Lincoln Child Center
On August 28th, 2004, the Lil' Angel Bunny Foundation's (LABF) Co-Chairs
Sheila E. and Lynn Mabry had the awesome opportunity to visit and tour
the facility of one of its beneficiaries, Lincoln Child Center (LCC) in
Oakland, CA. The children at LCC have been abused physically or
sexually, or both; some have mental illness, others have been the
unwilling victims of crimes. Read more about how Sheila jammed with
these kids, who had nearly given up hope, on instruments donated by
LABF.

We are reaching out to the entertainment industry and our community of
family and friends to join us, as we are committed to bring healing and
hope to these children. Please donate online today by clicking on the
Donate Now Button or by purchasing a limited edition Crystal Angel
Holiday Ornament personally signed by Sheila E. through the LABF Online
Store.

Exclusive Photos Now Available Online
See new exclusive photos of Sheila and some of the biggest names in
entertainment right on Sheila's website. Also check out the tour
pictures and latest news.

Update Your Info
There are many improvements underway at SheilaE.com, and we ask you to
update your information on the contact page so that we can keep you
informed and provide you with better service.

Thanks for your cooperation and support.
The e-Team

Modern Hosts Halloween Party

Not Prince-related, but thought you all who enjoy our parties at Modern
would like to know:
They are hosting a big Halloween bash on 10/31 starting at 8 pm
Free admission with costume
Featuring DJs Stylus Chris & Blk Ceaza
Monstrously delicious drink specials :-)

Looking to Promote Your Business to Fellow LoveSexyDC Members?

We are looking for local area businesses to donate raffle prizes for our
parties. If you own or promote an area business, this is an ideal way to
gain publicity for a very small investment. (Samples: if you own a
retail store, donate a $25 gift certificate; if you promote an event,
donate 2 tickets; etc.) We will promote your prize donations in our
advance publicity as well as at the event itself.
   If you are interested in donating raffle prizes, please contact me at
Laser-@aol.com.

November Ebony/Prince
From:    MyaBocca

November Issue of Ebony Magazine { Jamie Foxx On The Cover } Lists
PRINCE as one of the Most Intriguing Blacks of 2004!!!

New Prince Video Rocks Terrorism/MTV USA adds 2 playlist
From:    777 Update aka "j7rolthadice" J-@thebumpsquad.com

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/entertainment/9892425.htm?1c

New Prince Video Rocks Terrorism
JAKE COYLE
Associated Press

NEW YORK - Prince, now a Jehovah's witness, has toned down his mojo,
but the Purple One can still pack a political punch. His new music
video, "Cinnamon Girl," is a big-budget production that follows the
hardships and confusions of a teenage Arab-American girl in a post 9-
11 America.

It stars Keisha Castle-Hughes ("Whale Rider") who concludes the
video by imagining herself detonating a bomb in a crowded airport
terminal.

The video, directed by Phil Harder (a seasoned veteran of music
videos from Incubus to Liz Phair), visualizes the lyrics of Prince's
four-minute rocker. It uses a stylized type of illustrated
animation, with Castle-Hughes filmed over a background of high
contrast tints of black and beige.

Following an airplane crash, presumably 9-11, Castle-Hughes is beset
by racism and prejudice because of her Arab ethnicity. After being
chased by her schoolmates, she watches Arabic storefront signs be
replaced with English ones and is chided by her more traditionally
Islamic parents.

Prince sings, "Cinnamon girl mixed heritage/ Never knew the meaning
of color lines/ 9-11 turned that all around/ When she got accused of
this crime."

Disillusioned and angered, Castle-Hughes' character detonates a bomb
in an airport terminal, exploding herself and others. However, a
reverse motion immediately following the explosion reveals that it
is only a thought of hers.

"I kind of think about it as how far can her imagination go when the
world comes down on her pretty heavy," says Harder. "None of it's
literal, but you get the picture."

Prince only appears in the video intermittently playing guitar and
singing. He gave Harder much room for creativity, but was very
involved in the video, following its production throughout.

Seeds of controversy are already beginning to grow, even though the
video - the first from Prince's new "Musicology" - will not begin
running on MTV until next week. (It is currently viewable on Yahoo
and on Prince's pay fan club site, www.npgmusicclub.com.)

But Harder says, "Kids are seeing real death and war on television.
Kids are smarter than people think and know what's going on in the
world." He adds, "The main motivation is to get people to talk about
it."

Party With DjDredd Tonight

Friday @Aroma
Dredd spins classics, dance hits, funk and everything in between.
3417 Connecticut Avenue NW (cleveland park)
10pm-until
$2 cover
No dress code

Billboard Backstage Pass Awards
From:    JAYMERRY

In a message dated 10/13/2004 10:06:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
in-@eurweb.com writes:

    *Prince is a finalist in "Billboard's" first
Backstage Pass Awards, which honor top
achievements in touring and are based on
ticket sales tabulated in Billboard's Boxscore
Reports. Other finalists include Madonna,
Shania Twain, Josh Groban, Linkin Park
and John Mayer. The awards will be
presented during Billboard's Backstage
Pass touring conference on November
8 and 9 in New York.

10-12-04 EUR: Cinnamon Girl
From:    JAYMERRY

In a message dated 10/12/2004 10:46:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
in-@eurweb.com writes:

‘WHALE RIDER’ STAR IN NEW PRINCE
VIDEO: Keisha Castle-Hughes stars
as Arab teen.

      *Prince has reportedly dropped major
bank on his new - partially-animated - music
video “Cinnamon Girl.” The clip, said to have
a huge budget, according to AP, follows the
hardships and confusions of a teenage Arab-
American girl in a post 9/11 America.
       Keisha Castle-Hughes, whose role in
“Whale Rider” earned her a best actress Oscar
nod, stars as the target of anti-Arab racism.
After being chased by her schoolmates, she
watches Arabic storefront signs be replaced
with English ones and is scolded by her more
traditionally Islamic parents.
       Prince sings, "Cinnamon girl mixed
heritage/ Never knew the meaning of color
lines/ 9-11 turned that all around/ When she
got accused of this crime."
       The video concludes with Castle-Hughes'
character blowing up an airport terminal,
along with herself. However, a reverse motion
immediately following the explosion reveals
that it was only in her imagination.
       Prince pops in and out of the video,
playing guitar and singing. Directed by Phil
Harder, the clip uses an illustrated
animation reminiscent of the groundbreaking
Aha video for “Take on Me.” Castle-Hughes is
filmed over a background of high contrast
tints of black and beige.
       “Cinnamon Girl,” from Prince’s “Musicology”
album, will premiere on MTV next week, however,
the video is currently viewable on Yahoo/Launch
and on Prince's pay fan club site, www.npgmusicclub.com.

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1492253/20041013/harper_ben.jhtml?headlines=true&_requestid=474761

LSDC Member News
From:    "Slyy" <sl-@slyy.com>

TWINS JAZZ
ALONG WITH
NETWEB RECORDS
PRESENTS

"BOBBY LYLE"
LIVE

HOSTED BY
SMOOTH JAZZ 105.9
AT
TWINS JAZZ
OCT. 22 AND 23

1344 U st N.W.
WASHINGTON,DC

ENJOY DINNER AND JAZZ
CALL NOW 202 234 0072

... viewers. VH1 and BET, which regularly aired Prince's "Musicology"
video earlier this year, have not yet decided on this one. Rana ...

~ New Prince Video Rocks Terrorism
Miami Herald (subscription) - Miami,FL,USA
... Seeds of controversy are already beginning to grow, even though the
video - the first from Prince's new "Musicology" - will not begin
running on MTV until next ...
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/entertainment/9892425.htm

~ '80s make a comeback
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Milwaukee,WI,USA
... alone, we saw The Artist Known Again As Prince - a sensation for
four decades but whose star shone brightest in the '80s - release
"Musicology," considered by ...
http://www.jsonline.com/onwisconsin/music/oct04/266297.asp

~ Em's new music video skewers King of Pop
Detroit Free Press - Detroit,MI,USA
... terminal. The video -- the first from. Prince's new "Musicology"
collection -- will not begin running on MTV until next week. Right ...
http://www.freep.com/entertainment/namesandfaces/names13e_20041013.htm

~ Brief: Radiohead, Prince Shorts from Radiohead, Controversy from ...
Rolling Stone - USA
... The new video for PRINCE's "Cinnamon Girl" -- the first from his
comeback album Musicology -- features Whale Rider star KEISHA
CASTLE-HUGHES as an Arab ...
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6558543/radiohead?pageid=rs.NewsArchive&pageregion=mainRegion&rnd=1097872603828&has-player=false

~ Robbie Williams Has A Go At Elton John
Undercover Music News - Australia
... event (for a show at New York's Madison Square Garden). Other
contenders for top tour are Prince's Musicology and Shania Twain's Up.
http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2004/oct04/20041010_robbiewilliams.html

~ Concerts sound low note
USA Today - McLean,VA,United States
... Prince, whose Musicology tour was his first nationwide trek in six
years, charged about $80 a seat, but a copy of his new album came with
each ticket. ...
http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2004-10-07-summer-concert-sales_x.htm

If this was forwarded to you and you are not a LoveSexyDC member, you
can subscribe to our FREE weekly enewsletter by sending a blank email
to: LoveSexyDC-@topica.com.