Welcome Guest!
 LoveSexyDC
LoveSexyDC Weekly Update  Kathy Jentz
 Oct 22, 2004 14:22 PDT

Hi all you "Purple Hippies"!

All AOL email members - please noye - we have been getting many member
hard bounces - which means AOL has put us on a SPAM list or something -
please check your SPAM bins & put us on your "OK" lists - please pass on
the word to anyone you know with AOL addresses onour list - as obviously
they may never see this note :-)

November Party details & more news below...
- Kathy

November Raffle Prizes

Exciting news! Our raffle prize for the November party will be THREE
MORE certificates for One
Month of Unlimited Classes FREE at the ADVANCE Martial Arts Studio near
White Flint Mall.

Fellow LoveSexyDC member Melody generously provided these and says, "We
are a professional, full service school. We teach adults, children and
families in a positive, friendly environment." More info on Tae Kwon Do
and Melody's studio at:
<http://www.advancemartialarts.com>.

Sounds like some real fun for the "True Funk Soldiers" :-)

Announcing Our December Prize Raffle

My name is Tai Sutherland and I can donate a gift certificate for
December Raffle. I will donate a gift certificate from my Salon for a
mini facial, valued at $75. The name of the salon is Christie- Adam
Salon and Spa in Great Falls, Virginia. The Salon is located about 20
minutes from Tyson's Corner off of Route 7.Check out our website,
http://www.christieadam.com/!
Thanks,
Tai

{Thank YOU, Tai! - Kathy}

LoveSexyDC November Party Details

Party theme: Pop Life

featuring top pop hits from prince and from other
artists (culture club, eurythmics, etc.)

For that authentic '80s flavor: Pop Rocks for everyone!

Date: November 14-2nd Sunday

Time: 8:00 PM, lasts until 1:00 AM (new hours)

Location: Modern, 3287 M St., NW, Georgetown, Washington DC

Cost: $7

Valid Picture ID Required
Must be 21 to enter

Dress: Stylish & Sexy (no athletic gear please)

Music: DJDredd on the turntables

Special Features:
LoveSexyDC free raffle for Tae Kwon Do lessons at ADVANCE Martials Arts
<www.advancemartialarts.com> and other amazingly Prince-ly prizes..

Be Sure to Ask the Bartenders about the Prince-ly Drink Specials

Future LoveSexyDC Party Dates @ Modern

NOTE: NEW HOURS - we will no longer start at 7:00 PM and on holiday
weekends we will stay open until 2:00 AM.

Dec. 12th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1am)
"funk ball"-paying tribute to funk legends (james brown, sly,
pfunk, cameo, zapp, etc.)

Jan. 16th-MLK Weekend (8 pm -2 am)
prince vs outkast ii

Feb. 20th-Presidents Day Weekend(8 pm-2am)
prince vs madonna iii

All dates feature the fabulous stylings of DJDredd and are at Modern in
Georgetown.

LoveSexyDC Fundraiser

We have a very few purple LoveSexyDC CD cases left as well as some
copies of the "Turn It Up 2.0" and "Days of Wild" Uptown books - email
me or see me know at laser-@aol.com, if you are interested in
purchasing them.

Cinnamon Girl Video = Controversy

Prince video ignites controversy
By PATRICK CONDON -- Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- The musician Prince is drawing fire for a new video that
portrays an Arab-American girl envisioning herself blowing up an
airport.

The video for the song "Cinnamon Girl" shows the girl, played by
14-year-old Oscar nominee Keisha Castle-Hughes of the movie "Whale
Rider," facing harassment from schoolmates and witnessing racism in the
wake of an attack that mirrors 9/11.

Steve Silberfarb, president of the Jewish Community Relations Council of
Minnesota, said he applauds the anti-harassment message, but found a
dream sequence in which the girl detonates a bomb at an airport
disturbing.

"Even allowing for the right of an artist to express himself, I think
it's misguided and offensive," Silberfarb said. "Her frustration is
understandable. The violence is not."

Prince turned down an interview request through his Los Angeles-based
publicist, Ronnie Lippin. She said his goal was to provoke a discussion
about the issues raised in the video. "If people are reacting with
concern, I think the conversation is starting," she said.

The recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee rose to fame in the 1980s
with a series of sexually provocative songs and videos and his starring
role in the autobiographical "Purple Rain."

His career has seen a revival this year with the release of the album
"Musicology" and a successful nationwide tour.

"What it is is a washed-up pop star's crass exploitation of post-9/11
race-card-playing by Arab-American apologists for terror," conservative
columnist Michelle Malkin wrote in her Weblog.

MTV spokesman Graham James said the video is currently playing on MTVU,
which is available only on college campuses. He said it would enter
rotation on the flagship channel next week.

http://www.canoe.ca/JamMusic/oct16_prince-ap.html

Lenny Kravitz Mentions Prince Comparisons
From:    JAYMERRY

Embattled Kravitz cancels tour, confronts issues

Tuesday, September 28, 2004
By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY
ASSOCIATED PRESS

In a recent video, Lenny Kravitz cast himself as a hard-living,
substance-abusing, wild-child rocker whose life is unraveling behind the
scenes.

While Kravitz insists he's never lived that stereotypical rock life, he
has ...

Modern Hosts Halloween Party

Not Prince-related, but thought you all who enjoy our parties at Modern
would like to know:
they are hosting a big Halloween bash on 10/31 starting at 8 pm
Free admission with costume
Featuring DJs Stylus Chris & Blk Ceaza
Monstrously delicious drink specials :-)

Looking to Promote Your Business to Fellow LoveSexyDC Members?

We are looking for local area businesses to donate raffle prizes for our
parties. If you own or promote an area business, this is an ideal way to
gain publicity for a very small investment. (Samples: if you own a
retail store, donate a $25 gift certificate; if you promote an event,
donate 2 tickets; etc.) We will promote your prize donations in our
advance publicity as well as at the event itself.
   If you are interested in donating raffle prizes, please contact me at
Laser-@aol.com.

Support a Fellow LoveSexyDC Member in High School Chorus
From:    OHHSVMD

The Vocal Music Department at Oxon Hill High School is a multi-year
award-winning ensemble. In the past, they have competed on the county
and national/international level, bringing home the overall Grand Prize
for several years consecutively, as well as placing first in all
individual competitions in many variations and styles of music.

Currently, the VMD is contacting friends, relatives, neighbors to ask
for donations for new robes. The total for one is $125. Also, ad space
is being sold in the souvenir program for March's Gosepl Explosion.
Advertise or not, this is by far one performance no one should miss.
This bunch of kids invite glory down, and it comes and brings friends.

Please contact at this address - OHHS-@aol.com - for more info, and
for schedules of upcoming performances.

Thanks for your time and support for young people (young people who rock
and like Prince too!!).

Cathy
OHHSVMD

LoveSexyDC Musician Member Update
from: Slyy

Bobby Lyle show canceled ..change of date
I'll keep u posted

... The video for the song "Cinnamon Girl," on his comeback album,
Musicology, shows the girl, played by 14-year-old Oscar nominee Keisha
Castle-Hughes (Whale Rider ...
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/entertainment/9945918.htm

~ Prince draws criticism for suicide bomber video
Toronto Star - Toronto,Ontario,Canada
... Rain.''. His career has seen a revival this year with the release of
the album "Musicology" and a successful nationwide tour. "What ...

~ New Prince video ignites controversy
MSNBC - USA
... Rain.". His career has seen a revival this year with the release of
the album "Musicology" and a successful nationwide tour.
...http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6258222/

~ IPO Watch: Going public like it's 1999
Red Herring - USA
... That's right - October 1999, five years ago. (Perhaps it's no
coincidence that Prince launched his Musicology tour this year. The
karma was good.). ...
http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=10911&hed=IPO+Watch%3A+Going+public+like+it%E2%80%99s+1999

~ New Prince video a homegrown work
Pioneer Press (subscription) - St. Paul,MN,USA
... for rock acts such as Incubus and Liz Phair -- to create a video for
"Cinnamon Girl," a track from the Minnesota native's recent comeback
album "Musicology.". ...
http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/9962031.htm?1c

~ Arab American girl commits suicide in Prince's new music video!
Webindia123.com, India - Oct 20, 2004
Pop star Prince's latest single 'Cinnamon girl' shows an Arab-American
girl blowing herself up at an airport. The Oscar nominated ...
http://www.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=50574&cat=World

~ Prince criticized for video showing girl blowing up airport
Houston Chronicle - Houston,TX,USA
... Purple Rain. His career has seen a revival this year with the
release of the album Musicology and a successful nationwide tour. "What

If this was forwarded to you and you are not a LoveSexyDC member, you
can subscribe to our FREE weekly enewsletter by sending a blank email
to: LoveSexyDC-@topica.com.