Welcome Guest!
 LoveSexyDC
LoveSexyDC Weekly Update  Kathy Jentz
 Oct 29, 2004 14:55 PDT

Hi all you "Purple Hippies"!

I will be moving the LoveSexyDC list from Topica to a new list host next
week. Stay tuned for more details...

Modern is having a special Halloween party this Sunday. If you've never
been to Georgetown on All Hallow's Eve - you owe it to yourself to check
it out. Details at:
http://www.primacycompanies.com/modern/index.cfm

November Party info & more news below...

Have a Happy Halloween!
- Kathy

November Raffle Prizes

Exciting news! Our raffle prize for the November party will be THREE
MORE certificates for One
Month of Unlimited Classes FREE at the ADVANCE Martial Arts Studio near
White Flint Mall.

Fellow LoveSexyDC member Melody generously provided these and says, "We
are a professional, full service school. We teach adults, children and
families in a positive, friendly environment." More info on Tae Kwon Do
and Melody's studio at:
<http://www.advancemartialarts.com>.

Sounds like some real fun for the "True Funk Soldiers" :-)

Announcing Our December Prize Raffle

My name is Tai Sutherland and I can donate a gift certificate for
December Raffle. I will donate a gift certificate from my Salon for a
mini facial, valued at $75. The name of the salon is Christie- Adam
Salon and Spa in Great Falls, Virginia. The Salon is located about 20
minutes from Tyson's Corner off of Route 7.Check out our website,
http://www.christieadam.com/!
Thanks,
Tai

{Thank YOU, Tai! - Kathy}

LoveSexyDC November Party Details

Party theme: Pop Life

featuring top pop hits from prince and from other
artists (culture club, eurythmics, etc.)

For that authentic '80s flavor: Pop Rocks for everyone!

Date: November 14-2nd Sunday

Time: 8:00 PM, lasts until 1:00 AM (new hours)

Location: Modern, 3287 M St., NW, Georgetown, Washington DC

Cost: $7

Valid Picture ID Required
Must be 21 to enter

Dress: Stylish & Sexy (no athletic gear please)

Music: DJDredd on the turntables

Special Features:
LoveSexyDC free raffle for Tae Kwon Do lessons at ADVANCE Martials Arts
<www.advancemartialarts.com> and other amazingly Prince-ly prizes..

Be Sure to Ask the Bartenders about the Prince-ly Drink Specials

Future LoveSexyDC Party Dates @ Modern

NOTE: NEW HOURS - we will no longer start at 7:00 PM and on holiday
weekends we will stay open until 2:00 AM.

Dec. 12th-2nd Sunday (8 pm -1am)
"funk ball"-paying tribute to funk legends (james brown, sly,
pfunk, cameo, zapp, etc.)

Jan. 16th-MLK Weekend (8 pm -2 am)
prince vs outkast ii

Feb. 20th-Presidents Day Weekend(8 pm-2am)
prince vs madonna iii

All dates feature the fabulous stylings of DJDredd and are at Modern in
Georgetown.

LoveSexyDC Fundraiser

We have a very few purple LoveSexyDC CD cases left as well as some
copies of the "Turn It Up 2.0" and "Days of Wild" Uptown books - email
me or see me know at las-@aol.com, if you are interested in
purchasing them.

CNNfn Rebroadcast
From: Beth Prince

Prince Interview on The Biz is on Comcast Digital Demand under News and
Info, then CNN and then CNNfn: Check out "Prince". They show the whole
interview without commercial breaks , in case anyone missed it.

BPrince7

WNPNY Radio Back On Air
From: NPNY

After short Hiatus WNPNY is Excited to Annnounce WNPNY Radio will be
back
this Sunday!

Catch DJ Funkmaster Finess Mixin' it up for all the Purple Party peeps!

To Listen go to www.npny.org/wnpny on Sunday from 9pm to 12am EST.

Btw the base way to list is by using winamp. www.winamp.com

Derek
NeW NeW PoWeR NeW YoRk
WwW.NpNy.Org

Party This Weekend & On

If you are going to be in the Baltimore area this weekend check out DJ
Dredd
@ Cubicle Ten-Baltimore’s new space for contemporary art.

1431-1435 North Central Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21202
410.468.0608

Artist reception/Opening Party
Saturday, October 30th
7:30pm-12am

Featured Artists:

Christopher Hoeting
Lori Larusso
Ann Schaefer
Terry Thompson
Tariq Tucker

http://www.citypaper.com/arts/story.asp?id=8634

Every Friday @ Aroma
Most of you know the deal by now
$2 cover
No dress code
10pm-until
DJ Dredd plays hip-hop, funk, dance classics and reggae

Aroma
3417 Connecticut Avenue, NW (Cleveland Park)

Vote For Prince In People's Choice Bid
From:    JAYMERRY

Nicole Kidman Gets People's Choice Bid
.c The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Rapper Eminem and baritone Josh Groban now have
something in common: They are among the nominees for favorite male
singer in the People's Choice Awards.

Nominees for the 31st annual People's Choice Awards were announced
Tuesday by Jason Alexander and Malcolm-Jamal Warner of TV's ``Listen
Up'' and Eva Longoria and Nicollette Sheridan of ``Desperate
Housewives.''

The nomination and awards process, formerly based on a national poll,
has been revised.

The nominees were compiled by Entertainment Weekly, the People's Choice
production team and pop culture fans. The public can choose the winners
online starting Tuesday (www.pcavote.com).

Additional feature film categories will be announced later. CBS will
broadcast the ceremony from 9-11 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 9. Live in the
East, it will be delayed in the West.

The nominees:

Favorite female movie star: Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore, Julia
Roberts, Charlize Theron, Reese Witherspoon.

Favorite male movie star: George Clooney, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Tom
Hanks, Denzel Washington.

Favorite female action movie star: Kate Beckinsale, Halle Berry,
Angelina Jolie, Keira Knightley, Uma Thurman.

Favorite male action movie star: Matt Damon, Hugh Jackman, Tobey
Maguire, Viggo Mortensen, Will Smith.

Favorite leading man: Zach Braff, Jim Carrey, Colin Farrell, Jude Law,
Brad Pitt.

Favorite leading lady: Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Garner, Natalie Portman,
Kate Winslet, Renee Zellweger.

Favorite group: Evanescence, Maroon 5, No Doubt, OutKast, U2.

Favorite male singer: Eminem, Josh Groban, John Mayer, PRINCE, Usher.

Favorite female singer: Sheryl Crow, Norah Jones, Alicia Keys, Avril
Lavigne, Sarah McLachlan.

Favorite remake: ``Carwash,'' Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliot, Lil'
Kim; ``The First Cut is the Deepest,'' Sheryl Crow; ``It's My Life,'' No
Doubt; ``Livin' La Vida Loca,'' Antonio Banderas & Eddie Murphy; ``Take
My Breath Away,'' Jessica Simpson.

Favorite combined forces: Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliot, Lil' Kim
(``Carwash''); Black Eyed Peas, Justin Timberlake (``Where is the
Love''); Norah Jones, Dolly Parton (``The Grass is Blue''); Lil' John,
Usher (``Yeah!''); Britney Spears, Madonna (``Me Against the Music'').

Favorite new TV comedy: ``Complete Savages,'' ``Entourage,'' ``Father of
the Pride,'' ``Joey,'' ``Quintuplets.''

Favorite new TV drama: ``Boston Legal,'' ``CSI: NY,'' ``Desperate
Housewives,'' ``Jack and Bobby,'' ``Lost.''

Favorite TV comedy: ``Arrested Development,'' ``Everybody Loves
Raymond,'' ``Scrubs,'' ``That '70s Show,'' ``Will & Grace.''

Favorite TV drama: ``Alias,'' ``CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,''
``Gilmore Girls,'' ``The O.C.,'' ``Sopranos.''

Favorite female TV star: Jennifer Garner (``Alias''), Lauren Graham
(``Gilmore Girls''), Marg Helgenberger (``CSI: Crime Scene
Investigation''), Debra Messing (``Will & Grace''), Megan Mullally
(``Will & Grace'').

Favorite male TV star: Jason Bateman (``Arrested Development''); Zach
Braff (``Scrubs''); Matthew Fox (``Lost''); Matt Le Blanc (``Joey''),
James Spader (``Boston Legal'').

Favorite late-night talk show host: Jimmy Kimmel, Jay Leno, David
Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Jon Stewart.

Favorite funny male star: Jack Black, Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell, Jon
Stewart, Ben Stiller.

Favorite funny female star: Ellen DeGeneres, Tina Fey, Debra Messing,
Megan Mullally, Wanda Sykes.

Favorite daytime talk show host: Tony Danza, Ellen DeGeneres, Dr. Phil
McGraw, Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa, Oprah Winfrey.

Favorite reality show (competition): ``The Amazing Race,'' ``American
Idol,'' ``The Apprentice,'' ``Survivor,'' ``Last Comic Standing.''

Favorite reality show (makeover): ``Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,''
``Pimp My Ride,'' ``Queer Eye for the Straight Guy,'' ``Trading
Spaces,'' ``What Not to Wear.''

Favorite reality show (other): ``Airline,'' ``Newlyweds,'' ``The Real
World,'' ``The Surreal Life,'' ``Wife Swap.''

People's Choice Bid

Najee News
From:    JAYMERRY

For Immediate Release

NAJEE SIGNS WITH HEADS UP INTERNATIONAL
Debuts with August 2005 Release

October 28, 2004, Cleveland, OH : Heads Up International, one of the
world's premier crossover jazz labels, today announced the signing of an
exclusive deal with saxophonist Najee, whose debut recording for the
label
will be released on August 23, 2005. With two platinum and four gold
albums, Najee is one of the pioneers of contemporary jazz and one of the
best-selling instrumentalists of the mid-'80s and '90s.

"We're thrilled to be working with Najee," says Dave Love, President of
Heads Up International. "He is just the icon we have been searching for,
and his superstar status in the contemporary jazz and R&B world will
surely
make our 15th anniversary something extremely special."

"I am extremely excited to join the Heads Up team," Najee says. "I have
had
the pleasure of visiting their facilities in Cleveland and have met most
of
the staff. I am very impressed with their commitment to support great
music
and great artists. I am looking forward to what I believe will be an
extremely rewarding creative experience."

As a native New Yorker, Najee began his career playing clarinet and
later
saxophone and flute. In 1980, he attended the New England Conservatory
of
Music in Boston with a concentrated study in performance and
composition.
His first album, Najee's Theme, went platinum and was nominated for a
Grammy music award in 1987. His sophomore release, Day By Day, went
platinum in 1988. Tokyo Blue (1990), and Just An Illusion (1992) both
went
gold. His 1995 recording was titled Najee Plays Songs from the Key of
Life:
A Tribute to Stevie Wonder, and three years later he released Morning
Tenderness. This critically acclaimed album went to the top of
Billboard's
contemporary jazz chart in 1998.

Najee is the recipient of many music awards, including the Soul Train
Music
Award for Best Jazz Artist in 1991 and 1993. Over the years, he has
worked
with artists such as Quincy Jones, Patti LaBelle, George Duke, Lionel
Richie and Jonathan Butler. Most recently, Najee performed as a special
guest artist on the "Hit and Run: tour with PRINCE.

Musicology News Links

~ Prince's explosive new video
Detroit Free Press - Detroit,MI,USA
... girl after Sept. 11. It's a single off his new album "Musicology,"
and also touches on the Iraq war and on religion. MTV said it ...
http://www.freep.com/entertainment/music/prince27e_20041027.htm

If this was forwarded to you and you are not a LoveSexyDC member, you
can subscribe to our FREE weekly enewsletter by sending a blank email
to: LoveSe-@topica.com.