Welcome Guest!
 German Aircraft
Spitfire crash  Cody Durnberger
 Aug 21, 2005 20:16 PDT
Recieved this from another group.   Apparently the pilot was Stephan Haug. Everything I've heard about him indicates he was a very nice, pleasant individual with a lot of enthusiasm for Spitfires. Be careful, the image on the news site is a bit grim. If you want to see images of his Spitfire flying, http://www.spitfires.ch/images_meeting.htm

Friends

It's with a deep heart that I report the loss of Spitfire replica HB-YIZ, which crashed in northern Switzerland, killing her 39-year-old pilot.

A new article, in German, can be found at:
http://www.nzz.ch/2005/08/20/vm/newzzECM7SY4G-12.html

My deepest thoughts and condolences to the pilot's family.