Welcome Guest!
 Mass Leps
Wayland Area  Barbara Volkle and Steve Moore
 Sep 03, 2005 12:25 PDT

Along with Ron Cloutier, Barbara and I spent over 3 hours looking for Bronze
Copper. We started at Wayland Community Gardens, then to Sudbury Community
Gardens, then to Nine Acre Corner and finally back to Wayland Comm. Gardens
where at 1:00pm we finally found a female Bronze Copper (very fresh). It
was along
a 20 foot path to a water fountain just after the end of the gardens on
your right as
you walk into the gardens from the parking lot near the street. Other
sightings:

Wayland

Monarch - 3
Common Sootywing - 2
Great Spangled Fritillary - 2
Orange Sulphur - 12
Clouded Sulphur - 3
Black Swallowtail - 5
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail - 1
Peck's Skipper - 2
Least Skipper - 2
Painted Lady - 12
American Lady - 1
Bronze Copper - 1
Viceroy - 2
Cabbage White 50+
Pearl Crescent - 1

Sudbury

Great Spangled Fritillary - 1
Clouded Sulphur - 4
Orange Sulphur - 2
Monarch - 2
Painted Lady - 1
Cabbage White - 11

Nine Acre Corner

Cabbage White - 10
Clouded Sulphur -8
Orange Sulphur -3
Peck's Skipper - 2

Sudbury Comm Gardens never got planted this year because of all the rain this
Spring. Most of the red clover at Nine Acre Corner is dried out early this
year.
The area along the road into the Wayland Comm Gardens has been cut almost
down to the end of the gardens on your right but just short of where we found
the Bronze Copper. Of course, it is still early for the Bronze Coppers and they
should peak in 10 days or so.

Steve Moore
Northboro, Ma
barb-@theworld.com