Welcome Guest!
 Military Moms
Breed specific legislation...Your dog could be next!  Dusty
 Apr 13, 2005 12:03 PDT

Your dog could be next!
Dear Dog Owner,
I am writing to ask for your support to stop Breed Specific
Legislation. This does not involve money, just a few moments of your time. Responsible Dog Owner Associations from several states have
united to draft petitions to state legislatures to protect our
ownership rights in dogs, and to the U.S. Congress to protect our
ownership rights in all domestic species of animals. These petitions are created to show the Legislators of each state that there is
constituency support to amend each states statutes to prohibit BSL.
The following breeds are named explicitly, or by physical description in ordinances either passed, proposed or tabled in the United States of America;

1. AIREDALE TERRIER
2. AKITA
3. AMERICAN BULLDOG
4. ALASKAN MALAMUTE
5. ALSATIAN SHEPHERD
6. AMERICAN BULLDOG
7. ALASKAN HUSKY
8. AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER
9. AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER-
10. AMERICAN WOLFDOG
11. ARIKARA DOG
12. AUSTRALIAN CATTLE DOG
13. AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD
14. BELGIAN MALINOIS
15. BELGIAN SHEEPDOG
16. BELGIAN TERVUREN
17. BLUE HEELER
18. BOSTON TERRIER
19. BOUVIER DES FLANDRES
20. BOXER
21. BULLDOG
22. BULL MASTIFF
23. BULL TERRIER
24. CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOG
25. CHINESE SHARPEI
26. CHOW CHOW
27. COLORADO DOG
28. DOBERMAN PINSCHER
29. DOGO DE ARGENTINO
30. DOGUE DE BORDEAUX
31. ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIEL
32. ESKIMO DOG
33. FILA BRASILIERO
34. FOX TERRIER
35. FRENCH BULLDOG
36. GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG
37. GOLDEN RETRIEVER
38. GREENLAND HUSKY
39. GREAT DANE
40. KEESHOND
41. KOTZEBUE HUSKY
42. LABRADOR RETRIEVER
43. MASTIFF
44. PRESA DE CANARIO
45. PUG
46. ROTTWEILER
47. SAARLOOS WOLFHOND
48. SAINT BERNARD
49. SAMOYED
50. SIBERIAN HUSKY
51. STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER
52. TIMBER SHEPHERD
53. TOSA INU
54. TUNDRA SHEPHERD
55. WOLF SPITZ

Please do not sign a petition for a state in which you do not reside, we have to remove those signatures before the petitions are sent to the state Legislatures, as they invalidate the petition. You can show your support for our efforts by signing the petition to Congress if none of the states below is your home.
Each petition was drafted at the request of an organization, or by
one, or more residents of each state. If you want a petition made for your state, contact us at the BSL Workshop (link below).

The Petition for Texas
http://www.petitiononline.com/txbills/petition.html
The Petition for South Carolina;
http://www.petitiononline.com/scbsl/petition.html
The Petition for Ohio;
http://www.petitiononline.com/ohiobsl/petition.html
The petition for Oregon;
http://www.petitiononline.com/orbsl/petition.html
The petition for Alabama;
http://www.petitiononline.com/albsl/petition.html
The petition for Georgia;
http://www.petitiononline.com/gabsl/petition.html
The petition for Indiana;
http://www.petitiononline.com/inbsl/petition.html
The Petition for Iowa;
http://www.petitiononline.com/ammitnme/petition.html
The petition for Washington State;
http://www.petitiononline.com/wabsl/petition.html
The petition for Missouri;
http://www.petitiononline.com/mobsl/petition.html
The petition for Maryland;
http://www.petitiononline.com/marybsl/petition.html

The petition to U.S. Congress;
http://www.petitiononline.com/usanimal/petition.html

To learn more about BSL across the U.S. and Canada please join the
BSL Workshop. We help draft effective petitions for any state by
researching each state's Code, and writing to the proper Title.

Cherie Graves, chairwoman
Responsible Dog Owners of the Western States