Welcome Guest!
 OCW Sat Century
Mount Baldy Century 6/09/07  Chuck Bramwell
 Jun 06, 2007 14:40 PDT

Saturday, June 9, 7:30 A.M.
96 Miles with 7,400 Feet of Climbing without the Ski Lift Option
106 Miles with 9,400 Feet of Climbing with Ski Lift Option Rain Cancels

The truly great Ride Around the Bear is set for this Saturday and has
been sold out for months. If you’re riding or volunteering for “Da
Bear”, skip this and have a great ride!!

Let me know if you are coming by replying to this e-mail. If there
isn't enough interest in this ride, I may cancel it by announcing the
cancellation on this e-mail list on Friday.

Last Saturday’s Mount Baldy Century was so great, how about one more
before the heat really turns on this summer?

This Century is not recommended for first time century riders ... it's
got 7,400 Feet of Climbing.

I'm training now for the Terrible Two on 6/16/07 so I plan to do the Ski
Lift Option Saturday for maximum heat training and steep hill / barbecue
work. The Ski Lifts are AMAZING. The road is truly a work of art with
major gradients in the switchback turns and super green trees all
around.

The Elevation Profile with Climb Analyses, Photos, and Routes Sheets are
at

http://www.caltriplecrown.com/centuries/mountbaldy.htm

We will start at the Carl's Junior at Imperial Highway and La Palma.
We'll quickly hook up with the Carbon Canyon Century route then head
North to the base of the great Glendora Mountain Road where there will
be few or no cars as we climb up and follow Glendora Ridge Road to Mt.
Baldy. The Ski Lifts are an option but note that this options adds
2,013 Feet in 4.6 Miles for an Average Gradient of 8.3% with many
sections of over 18%!! We'll then take the screamer downhill back down
to Foothill and return down Brea Canyon and weave our way back to the
start on the same roads we came out on.

This ride will start at Carl's Junior, 5701 E. La Palma Ave., Anaheim,
CA 92807-2229 at Imperial Highway and La Palma (TBM 770-E1). We will
start at 7:30 A.M. sharp so you should arrive by 7:15 A.M. Take the
Imperial Highway exit from the Riverside (91) Freeway and turn North on
Imperial Highway (90) to La Palma Ave. Make a Right on La Palma then a
quick Left into the parking lot next to the Carl's Junior.

You should bring your riding buddy along with you so you can stick
together. We will stop at the Regroup points only for a few minutes.
This will be a great training ride for any of the Double Centuries!!

See you Saturday!!

Chuck Bramwell