Welcome Guest!
 PacificaDiscusPP
Apology for Headline  Progressive Portal
 Jan 05, 2002 11:57 PST
We wish to apologize for the headline on the emailed action alert that
didn't make it clear that the Goodman who has quit is Barney Goodman,
KPFT-Houston LAB representative to the national Pacifica board, not Amy
Goodman, Democracy Now! host. (The headline on our action alert was
"Democracy Now Returns Monday; Goodman Quits.")

How could we possibly have failed to realize the headline would give a
terrible misimpression? We can't fathom it ourselves, but it WAS
entirely unintentional, and we are very sorry if we startled you.

Now, we're praying nobody ever does an "email subject-line bloopers"
show -- we're already embarrassed enough!