Welcome Guest!
 MoreFromRondout
Thank You For Everything  Rondout
 Aug 21, 2006 14:04 PDT

This is an Opt In Only list - Meaning No One is subscribed unless they
ask to be subscribed. If this list is not for you –
Unsubscribe instructions are at the bottom of this mailing.

R O N D O U T
Thank You for Everything

082106
www.rondout.name

Inspirational Gems Gleaned From The Internet

The current issue of “Rondout” can be read on-line at

http://rondout.bizland.com/archives2006c/id22.html
               or
        www.Rondout.name

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo Galilei

GOD – The Artist
Dawn

April 24, 2006 - 4AM-6AM:

The pre-dawn sky is deep charcoal gray –tainted by our suburban lights.
Close to the eastern horizon a bloated crescent moon hovers, orange as a
fiery coal, and its smaller companion - Venus also glows orange.

There is a slight haze in the air, and the scene is surreal....

The slightest brightening of the eastern horizon turns the two
companions to a warm ivory, as they rise and become smaller.

Later, there is a rosy blush at the horizon, which fades into peach,
light yellow, aquamarine, royal and navy -- in the middle of the
aquamarine are the two jewels of the morning sky: the Moon and Venus are
now glowing white.

In a few minutes, the eastern sky is bright yellow, and the long
horizontal clouds near the horizon are peachy ripples, as if they are
reflecting Lake Michigan's beaches. The clouds threaten to hide the
jewels, but they are still visible, although becoming pale as if they
are frightened away by the oncoming sun.

The sun quickly rises, the clouds glow on their undersides, and the
beautiful jewels fade away.....

From – Barb D

SEEDS
"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap,
but by the seeds you plant."

~Robert Louis Stevenson

From – Soul Soothers

Thank You for Everything
by Alan Cohen

       The story is told about a woman Zen master named Sono who taught
one very simple method of enlightenment. She advised everyone who came
to her to adopt an affirmation to be said many times a day, under all
conditions. The affirmation was, "Thank you for everything. I have no
complaint whatsoever."
        Many people from all arenas of life came to Sono for healing.
Some were in physical pain; others were emotionally distraught; others
had financial troubles; some were seeking soul liberation. No matter
what their distress or what question they asked her, her response was
the same: "Thank you for everything. I have no complaint whatsoever."
Some people went away disappointed; others grew angry; others tried to
argue with her. Yet some people took her suggestion to heart and began
to practice it. Tradition tells that everyone who practiced Sono’s
mantra found peace and healing. Thank you for everything. I have no
complaint whatsoever.
        My friend Lisa, an attractive woman in her late 30’s, came to
one of my seminars after I had not seen her for a number of years. She
informed the group that a year earlier she had been diagnosed with a
brain disorder that required immediate surgery. The surgery was done, a
steel plate was inserted in her head, and her doctor keeps her under
close observation. Lisa reported that now she lives from day to day.
Privately I told Lisa that I was sorry she had gone through this whole
ordeal. "Oh, don’t be sorry," she told me emphatically. "I’m not sorry
at all. This was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. It
really got me to appreciate my life and relationships. I married a
wonderful guy and we are thinking about having children. I wouldn’t
trade the experience if I could." Thank you for everything. I have no
complaint whatsoever.
        Can you imagine what your life would be like if you simply
dropped your complaints? It’s a radical proposal, since most of us have
been trained to question, analyze, and criticize everything we see. But
then we end up questioning, analyzing, and criticizing ourselves. Then
we miss out on joy, the only true measure of success.
        The ecstatic mystic poet Hafiz proclaimed, "All a sane man can
ever think about is giving love." One evening I received a phone call
from my friend Cliff, a Jewish guy from Brooklyn who discovered "A
Course in Miracles" and became a world-class love exuder. Cliff just
went around finding good and beauty in everyone he met. On the phone,
Cliff told me, "I just called to tell you how much I love and appreciate
you."
        "Well, thank you Cliff," I answered, delighted. "I really
appreciate that . . . What prompted you to call me at this moment?"
        "My knee was hurting me, and I knew that the only way I could
feel better would be to give more love. So I began to think of the
people in my life who I care about, and you came to mind." Thank you for
everything. I have no complaint whatsoever.
        As we approach the holiday of Thanksgiving, many of us will be
getting together with our families. Perhaps family issues may come to
the fore and we might be tempted to fall into a pattern of rehashing old
resentments and arguments. Wouldn’t it be fabulous if, as we sat with
our relatives, we held in mind, "Thank you for everything. I have no
complaint whatsoever." Imagine what this Thanksgiving would be like if
we decided that no matter how much mom complained about dad; how much
dad bugged us about getting a real job; or how unspiritual our ex is, we
chose to be an unstoppable appreciation machine and found the good in
our loved ones. Indeed this would be a triumphant Thanksgiving to
remember!
        Yes, I know, there is a voice inside you objecting, "But if I
did not complain, people would walk all over me and selfish opportunists
would genetically manipulate my food and terrorists would keep crashing
airplanes into buildings and . . ., . . ., and. . . . Got it. Now if you
went to Sono, her response would be, "Thank you for everything. I have
no complaint whatsoever." I am simply suggesting that we practice the
mantra for an entire Thanksgiving day. And then maybe one day a week.
Then we might start to feel so good and our lives will become so
effective that we want to turn every day into Thanksgiving.
        In my book "Handle with Prayer", I state that the highest form
of prayer is gratitude. Instead of asking God for stuff, start thanking
God for stuff, and you will find that God has already given you
everything you could want or need, including the adventure of
discovering more riches every day.
        Life is a big treasure hunt. Eventually we grow weary of seeking
treasures outside ourselves, and we begin to look within. There we
discover that the gold we sought, we already are. The beauty we
overlooked because we were focusing on what was missing, still lives and
awaits us like an anxious lover. As T.S. Eliot nobly noted, "The end of
all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place
for the first time."
         Thank you for everything. I have no complaint whatsoever.
Have a great day.

About The Author: Alan Cohen is the author of many popular inspirational
books, including the best-selling 'Why Your Life Sucks and What You Can
do About It', the award-winning 'A Deep Breath of Life', and his latest
book 'Mr. Everit’s Secret--What I learned from the World’s Richest Man'.
Alan offers four on-line courses throughout the year and the
life-transforming Mastery Training in Maui. For information on these
programs and a free catalog of Alan's books, tapes, and seminars, phone
800.568.3079, visit www.alancohen.com, email in-@alancohen.com, or
write P.O. Box 835, Haiku, HI 96708.

From – Soul Soothers

(Bob Nolan - Sam Gobble)

(Beyond the sunset for evermore.)

(Spoken)
Should you go first and I remain
To walk the road alone
I'll live in memory's garden, dear
When happy days we've known.

In spring I'll watch for roses red
And shades of lilac blue
In early fall when the brown leaves fall
Then I'll catch a glimpse of you.

Should you go first and I remain
To finish with the scroll
No lenghtening shadows shall creep in
To make this life seem droll.

We've known so much of happiness
Yes, we've had our cup of joy
And memory is one gift of God
That death cannot destroy.

Should you go first and I remain
There's one thing I'd have you do
Walk slowly down that long road
For soon I'll follow you.

I want you to know each step I take
So that I may walk the same
For someday down that lonely road
I'll hear you calling my name.

(Sang)
Beyond the sunset, oh glad reunion
With our dear loved ones who've gone before
In that fair homeland we'll know no parting
Beyond the sunset for evermore...

If you are associated with the Artist Protection League or similar group
you are not to read this email. If you DO read further you are
violating the privacy of the members of this list, therefore you are
Breaking The Law. This is a private email and is covered by TITLE 18,
PART I, CHAPTER 47, Sec. 1030 and Internet Privacy Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in
this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to
those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included
information for non-profit research and educational or criticism
purposes only, and is NOT an infringement of copyright.

From – Lady Monica via SPW

from Chicken Soup for the Soul - 8/10/06:

Something Special
By Pam Bumpus

     "I would do something special for her. Not take out the trash
without being reminded. Something special, something I wouldn't
ordinarily do." With tears streaming down his face, the gentleman had
just answered the reporter's question, "What would you do differently if
you had known you might not see your wife again?"
     Now, I personally think that is a pretty crappy question to ask
anyone, much less the husband of a victim of a terrorist attack. The
reporter seemed to have no compassion for this man whose wife's plane
had been flown into the World Trade Center.
     "I'm just glad I kissed her good-bye and told her I loved her this
morning," he managed to choke out.
     Of course, we would all act differently if we knew time together
with our spouse was running out. My anger at the insensitive reporter
simmered along with the disbelief and fear that had become part of my
life since watching the results of the attack on America. "Stupid guy,"
I muttered to myself, switching off the television. Maybe I needed a
break. I have that luxury. I can turn off the pictures of the
devastated buildings, despondent relatives and harried rescue workers.
     But could I turn off my feelings? My husband Alan and I farm. He
was cutting a field of soybeans that afternoon. I decided to go take
pictures of the American flag he had mounted on the back of our combine.
With terrorists trying to cripple our nation, we wanted to show our
support: The American farmer was still hard at work.
     Back at the house, starting a load of laundry, I found myself
thinking about that interview. I would do something special, played
over and over in my mind. That gentleman would never have that
opportunity now, but I did. I hope Alan and I have another forty years
together. But there are no guarantees. Tomorrows are not guaranteed.
     Something I wouldn't ordinarily do. Well, his pickup could sure
use a good cleaning. So I got to it. After about thirty minutes of
vacuuming and scrubbing the interior, I was ready to wash the outside.
I had one little problem: Starting the power washer was a bit tricky.
You had to choke the motor just enough, and the idle had to be set just
so. The possibility of getting jerked on the recoil was significant.
Something special. . . . Grabbing the pull rope I tackled it head on.
Suddenly it was very important to me to accomplish this surprise for
Alan. Several attempts later, with no success and an aching arm, I
thought I might not succeed. Lord, I prayed silently, I could sure use
your help. I want to get this started so I can finish this for Alan. I
really want to do this for him.
     The guilt hit immediately. How could I bother our Lord at a time
like this? Thousands were praying for their loved ones. Much more
important prayers needed his attention right now. "I'm sorry, Lord," I
whispered. How could I be so selfish? I had spent a lot of time in
prayer over the past three days, asking for comfort for the victims'
families, strength for our nation's leaders and healing for all of us.
My request for help now was automatic. I always ask for help when
facing a difficult task. But it just didn't seem right to do so today.
     Defeat didn't seem an option either, so I pulled the rope one more
time. The motor sputtered to life.
     Yes, Alan was surprised and grateful when he saw his pickup. And I
was surprised and grateful for the important lessons I learned that day.
First of all, despite his tactless approach, the reporter brought home
a very important point. Through his pain, the man who lost his spouse
taught me to cherish mine. I will look for those "special" things to do
for Alan.
     Secondly, and maybe more importantly, God does care about us, all
of us. He hears the prayers of those whose suffering seems unbearable.
He cares. And he hears those of us who need a little boost when we have
set out to do something special for someone we love.

From – Barb D

i am a little church(no great cathedral)
far from the splendor and squalor of hurrying cities
-i do not worry if briefer days grow briefest,
i am not sorry when sun and rain make april

my life is the life of the reaper and the sower;
my prayers are prayers of earth's own clumsily striving
(finding and losing and laughing and crying)children
whose any sadness or joy is my grief or my gladness

around me surges a miracle of unceasing
birth and glory and death and resurrection:
over my sleeping self float flaming symbols
of hope,and i wake to a perfect patience of mountains

i am a little church(far from the frantic
world with its rapture and anguish)at peace with nature
-i do not worry if longer nights grow longest;
i am not sorry when silence becomes singing

winter by spring,i lift my diminutive spire to
merciful Him Whose only now is forever:
standing erect in the deathless truth of His presence
(welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness)

~ e.e.cummings ~

(Complete Poems 1904-1962)

Web version: www.panhala.net/Archive/i_am_a_little_church.html
Web archive: www.panhala.net/Archive/Index.html

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Always trust your Inner Voice

That will be ME

GOD

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

“Messages From GOD” has appeared in this e-Zine from time to time. It
is a brief 1 to 4 line quote that “could” have come directly from GOD no
matter what your concept of GOD may be. This mini-eZine comes several
times a week, not quite every day, but often. Take a look

Subscribe - messagesFromG-@topica.com
Archive    -   www.MessageFromGOD.us

Page 46 has been added to “Messages” Archives
http://rondout.bizland.com/messagesfromgodarchive/id52.html

One of the “Rondout” eZines

God gives us a gift to share. May we give it to others in the loving
spirit in which it was given to us. Sharing is caring.

Donations for “Rondout” via Paypal - - -

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rondout%40ix.netcom.com

Thank You for your past support

HELL
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

~ Sir Winston Churchill

From Soul Soothers

APPRECIATE NATURE

The first law of ecology is that everything is related to everything
else.

Barry Commoner
Biologist and educator

Man masters nature not by force but by understanding.

Jacob Bronowsky (1908-1974)
Scientist and writer

From – Daily Inbox

“Man will struggle for religion,
write for religion,
fight for religion,
anything but live religion”.

- Hiren Shaw

The more you have, the more you're occupied;
the less you have, the more free you are."
-Mother Teresa-

*~*~*~*~*~*

Welcome What Is

Welcome what is To get the most from this moment, welcome it.
Though it probably is not exactly as you wanted, welcome it just the
same.
That will put you in the best position for moving forward.
That will enable you to see the value and resources available for you to
use.

Whatever has happened, has happened.
Whatever the circumstances may be, they are what you now have to work
with.

Welcome what is, and then you can go from there toward making it the
best it can be.
Welcome the moment and the circumstances it brings, and you'll be well
on your way.

Don't waste your energy fighting against what is already real.
Put that energy to positive use by creating something even better.

Welcome each moment, each experience, each thought as it comes.
And you'll find in it all real value and strength to move forward.

From – Lady Monica via SPW

from Quips, Quotes - 8/8/06:

FAVORITE QUOTE
The best advice I ever came across on the subject of concentration
is: Wherever you are, be there. -- Jim Rohn

From – Barb D

Earth Teach Me to Remember

Earth teach me stillness
as the grasses are stilled with light.
Earth teach me suffering
as old stones suffer with memory.
Earth teach me humility
as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth Teach me caring
as the mother who secures her young.
Earth teach me courage
as the tree which stands alone.
Earth teach me limitation
as the ant which crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom
as the eagle which soars in the sky.
Earth teach me resignation
as the leaves which die in the fall.
Earth teach me regeneration
as the seed which rises in the spring.
Earth teach me to forget myself
as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness
as dry fields weep in the rain.
     Ute, North American

Nodan Tonka
(wind spirit)
Yigaquu osaniyu advanvto nigohilvi nasquv utloosdi nihi
(May the Great Spirit's Blessings always be with you!)
(cherokee)

May we be inspired to give a little of what we have to share a little of
who we are to help make this world the kind of place it was meant to be.

Thoughts are the bricks that build your reality.

From – Today’s Positive Thought

Strange Quotes:

"Women are like cell phones. They like to be held and talked to, but
push the wrong button, and you'll be disconnected." ---Unknown

"People like you are the reason people like me take pills!" ---Neva
Faith Linn

"There are two different kinds of people in this world: those who
finish what they start, and…." ---Brad Ramsey

"Life was so much easier when your clothes didn't match and boys had
cooties!" ---Unknown

"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same." ---Oscar
Wilde

"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."
---H.L. Mencken

In youth, we learn; in age, we understand.

"An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises." - Mae West

Carpentry Rule 1: Measure twice. Cut once.
LIFE RULE 1: SAME!

Good News: Procrastinators outnumber the rest of us!

Three classes of people: those who see...those who see when they are
shown...those who don't see.

If you dream of a better life, you can dream up a plan to attain it

From – Barry C via GrandparentsRus

We are in desperate need of people
who are willing to stand
against evil of any kind

What makes a diamond so special?

Diamond is the hardest material known to man and one of the two best
known forms (or allotropes) of carbon, whose hardness and high
dispersion of light make it useful for industrial applications and
jewelry. Diamonds are specifically renowned as a mineral with
superlative physical qualities -- they make excellent abrasives because
they can be scratched only by other diamonds, Borazon, ultrahard
fullerite, or aggregated diamond nanorods, which also means they hold a
polish extremely well and retain luster.

Are diamonds really as rare and valuable as you think?

There's evidence that they aren't terribly rare at all. The creation of
the idea that diamonds are rare and valuable is a relatively recent
development. Until the late nineteenth century the entire world
production amounted to a few pounds a year. In 1870, however, huge
diamond mines were discovered in South Africa, and diamonds were soon
being scooped out by the ton. The major investors in the diamond mines
realized that they had no alternative but to merge their interests into
a single entity that would be powerful enough to control production and
perpetuate the illusion of scarcity of diamonds.

Who controls the supply and price of diamonds?

Created in 1888, De Beers Consolidated Mines, Ltd. is the most
successful cartel arrangement in the annals of modern commerce. While
other commodities, such as gold, silver, copper, rubber, and grains,
fluctuated wildly in response to economic conditions, diamonds have
continued, with few exceptions, to advance upward in price every year
since the Depression.

Did DeBeers come up with the idea of the diamond engagement ring?

Absolutely. Today, diamonds are used to symbolize eternity and love,
being often seen adorning engagement rings and sometimes wedding rings
as well. The popularity of this modern tradition can be traced directly
to the marketing campaigns of De Beers, starting in 1938. Prior to the
De Beers marketing campaign, engagement rings had no one particular
stone associated with them. So, if you're one of those people who
dislikes being "manipulated" by advertising, then perhaps you should
consider a more affordable stone!

Can a diamond be manufactured that is indistinguishable from the real
thing?

Pretty much, yes. Since gemological and industrial uses of diamond have
created a large demand some of it is met by synthetics, man-made
diamonds which have similar properties to natural diamonds. This process
has historically produced industrial-grade diamonds, but producers have
recently begun to produce diamonds with high enough quality to penetrate
the gem diamond market. Currently, trained gemologists are able to
distinguish natural diamonds from all synthetic and simulant diamonds.
However, new techniques for creating and treating simulants (such as
coating them with a very thin diamond-like layer of carbon) are making
it increasingly difficult to distinguish simulants from real diamonds.

From - ArcaMax

Life...

It takes my breath away!

Gems From James

Elders Meditation -

"You have to have confidence in your own ability to be able to go it
alone, to go against what the rest of the culture is doing."

     --Eunice Baumann-Nelson, Ph.D., PENOBSCOT

God, this is hard. Today, allow me to be a Warrior. Let me be strong.
Let Your voice be clear to me. Let me hear Your guidance. My goal today
is to serve You, to develop myself to be the kind of Indian person that
You would have me be. To Walk the Red Road must sometimes be walked
alone.

Great Spirit, let me walk the Red Road today with the confidence that
You are with me. If I fall, I will quickly ask You to help me know what
I should do next.

www.whitebison.org

World Scripture -

"Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of
heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in
your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in
your name?' And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart
from me, you evildoers.'

- Matthew 7:21-23

The Prophet once drew a line and said, "This is the path of faith." Then
he drew several lines on either side and said, "On these lines you may
encounter the devil. But this path of mine is the straight path. So
follow it."

-Reported by Abd'Allah bin Mas'ud

Live in the world like an ant. The world contains a mixture of truth and
untruth, sugar and sand. Be an ant and take the sugar.

-Ramakrishna

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made
us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage".

- Galatians 5:1

If we pick up the handle, we pick up the pot. Similarly, if we meditate
on and develop compassion—the wish that all others be without
suffering—we hold within us the essence of all other Dharma practices.

-Geshe Hgawang Dhargyey, "Advice From a Spiritual Friend"

Since the dawn of human consciousness, religion has been the mightiest
force driving humankind toward an unknown goal. It has allowed the
teeming millions to experience a greater joy and a creative fervor; it
has furnished them with the strength and the courage to achieve
imperishable cultural feats and enabled them to reach unimaginable
spiritual heights.

-Muhammad Asad Loepold Weiss, "Islamic Sufism"

Learning is like a design in water,
contemplation like a design on the side of a wall,
meditation like a design in stone.

-Adept Godrakpa, "Hermit of Go Cliffs"

He who seeks happiness should withdraw the arrow; his own lamentations,
longings and grief. With the arrow withdrawn, unattached, he would
attain to peace of mind; and when all sorrow has been transcended he is
sorrow-free and has realized Nibbana.

-Sutta Nipata

Something On Your Mind?

If you have a comment or question, send it along. And there is
always room for a question or comment you would like to share.
Jay.Dr-@gMail.com

MLY     (Me Loving You)
Jay Driskell Editor / moderator
Wildwood IL 60030-2072    USA
Jay.Dr-@gMail.com

This is NOT the unsubscription address! Use the address in the eZine.

I claim no authoring or copyright protection with any of these quotes,
stories, poems, or any material used in RONDOUT, unless otherwise stated
- I only distribute them. Where no author name is given, it would be as
"unknown." Where ever possible, I give credit to authors. I respect
copyrighted material. I trust readers to do the same. Feel free to use
anything written by me – just keep it intact with my authorship
attached.
click on the link below and allow a few seconds to be removed

Nothing within this message should be construed as endorsing, promoting
or abetting any illegal or unethical activity. The articles in this
newsletter are not necessarily the opinion of the editor.