Welcome Guest!
 recipeshare
Passionate Cake + some info  Bella
 Feb 14, 2003 10:24 PST
PASSIONATE CAKE
Passionerad kaka

This recipe was published in today's paper, The Gothenburg Post. I haven't
tried it since it's from today, but I immediately decided to bake it
tomorrow even though it's not Valentine's then! However, the recipe requires
some explanation.

The cake contains Kesella, a Swedish dairy product (some of the lists might
have received my mail on Swedish dairy products, describing the use of
them). Instead of Kesella, you can use quark cheese that you flavor with
citrus fruit juice of some kind - or cottage cheese, that you've run in a
mixer or food processor to make it lump free and mixed it with a little
whipped cream. We can now buy it already flavored, Kesella Citrus.

OK, time for the recipe!

2 eggs
good 3/4 cup sugar
2 passion fruits (if only I had a picture
for those who don't know what the fruit
looks like!)
good 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
good 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder

Frosting:
1/2 can Kesella Citrus (in Sweden,
the Kesella cans contain 2 deciliters
which is equal to good 3/4 cup, so
half that amount SHOULD be enough)

2 1/2 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
good 3/4 cup powdered sugar
scant 1 oz butter or margarine

Drain the dairy product in a sieve, then stir together the frosting. Heat
the oven to 350F. Melt the fat and mix it with orange juice and the passion
fruit pulp (leave the seeds, don't remove them).

Mix flour and baking powder. Beat eggs and sugar fluffy. Add the butter
mixture alternating with the flour mixture and stir the batter until smooth.
Pour in a well greased and floured baking dish, either heart shaped or any
shape you want, capacity 6 cups, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let the cake
cool, then spread with the frosting.

Enjoy!

Bella

Don't be angry with life.
There are so many things to be happy for.
Cold, fresh water,
green leaves
and the eyes of good people.

Eva Hedén