Welcome Guest!
 TOC
Graphodigest founder news  Nigel Bradley
 Oct 10, 2009 12:40 PDT

I hope this finds you well.

Way back in 1999 I established the Graphodigest Internet virtual
communities to bring graphologists worldwide together. There are so many
groups I have lost count. Activity in recent years has been slow and
there is a good reason for this.

In March 2007 I was diagnosed with rectal cancer. A major shock but I
underwent radio and chemotherapy to shrink the tumour, then surgery to
remove it, then more surgery to remove a temporary stoma bag. From
January to May 2008 I had another course of chemotherapy as an “extra”
in case cancer had not been fully removed.

However in July 2009 it had reappeared at the original site and in my
lungs.

Cancer testing and treatment is not easy for anyone. Statistically you
will know two or more people who have suffered in some way, so you will
know the story. On Monday 12 October I will be on the operating table
once more, and sometime afterwards I will undergo chemotherapy.
That treatment gave me precious time with my family and friends and I
thank the world of medicine for that. In a vulnerable situation our
thoughts go inward, during the treatment I was revolted by my continual
attention to myself. Interestingly this reaction led me to think of
raising money for cancer research.

I searched for a “cause” that would help others. I was looking to do
something special and to be honest I find Cancer charities to be worthy,
but depressing, so I looked for something that would be uplifting.

What can be more simple and effective than drilling a hole into the
ground to provide fresh water for 300-400 people. The borehole costs
£2500 so I am raising money to buy one.

Having shared my news this is a forthright request - I wonder if I can
persuade you to make a donation to my borehole - I'd like to boost it up
before I go into hospital and activity has slowed right up. See it as
therapy (for me and you) but at the end a real person will have fresh
water thanks to you. The link is
http://www.justgiving.com/acqua/

Please take a look at the photos and messages. As for me... I will feel
better as the donations rise towards 100%

Regards

Nigel Bradley, London

P.S. Please pass the link http://www.justgiving.com/acqua/ to anyone you
know. Thanks