Welcome Guest!
 Tasty "Bites"
Tasty Bite's Recipes, Thanksgiving Ideas  Stephen Block
 Nov 15, 2001 14:28 PST
<><><>Tasty Bites<><><> From the Kitchen Project<><><>
Nov. 15, 2001 vol.. 3 #7

THANKSGIVING, history, trivia ,recipes
APPLE CRANBERRY RELISH
SCALLOPED CORN & TOMATOES
BIEROCKS (Savory German meat pies)
CHEESY BAKED POTATO SOUP

<><><>Tasty Bites<><><> From the Kitchen Project<><><>

Hello, put on some coffee or tea, lets talk about food.
This newsletter is sent only to those who request
it. To have your address immediately deleted from
our subscriber list send any email saying unsubscribe to:
Step-@kitchenproject.com,
YOUR ADDRESS IS NEVER SOLD, TRADED, OR SHARED WITH
ANYONE!

<><><>Tasty Bites<><><> Thanksgiving History <><><>

On the first Thanksgiving in America most likely ate berries, venison,
clams, dried fruit , some kind of wild turkey, duck or geese, boiled
pumpkin and …Lobster ! .

Why do we still eat turkey for Thanksgiving, what’s up with that, and
how did that get started?
find out answers to these questions here.
http://www.kitchenproject.com/history/thanksgiving.htm

<><><>Tasty Bites<><><> The Wandering Chef Thanksgiving <><><>

The Wandering Chef wanders through the web for Thanksgiving Recipes and
fun stuff.
How to cook a turkey
How to do Deep Fried Turkey
Black Turkey (even Martha Stewart likes this one)
Stuffing recipes, Side Dishes, Cranberry sauce recipes, and Desserts
Clip art and Greeting cards
Find it all here
http://www.thewanderingchef.com/thanksgiving

Here are some of the recipes featured
BLACK TURKEY (Martha Stewart loves this dish )
http://www.thewanderingchef.com/thanksgiving/black_turkey.htm

POPCORN STUFFING
http://www.thewanderingchef.com/thanksgiving/PopcornStuffing.htm

OYSTER STUFFING
http://www.thewanderingchef.com/thanksgiving/oysterstuffing.htm

SAUSAGE APPLE STUFFING

http://www.thewanderingchef.com/thanksgiving/SausageAppleStuffing.htm

WHITE CASTLE STUFFING
http://www.thewanderingchef.com/thanksgiving/WhiteCastleStuffing.htm

CIDER GLAZED PEARL ONIONS
http://www.thewanderingchef.com/thanksgiving/glazed_onions.htm

Here is a simple alternative to plain cranberry sauce.

APPLE CRANBERRY RELISH

A tart relish easily and quickly prepared. The apples must be sweet to
balance the tart cranberries. For sweeter results, use 4 apples.
5 oz. fresh cranberries, rinsed
2-4 sweet medium apples, cored and chopped into bite sized pieces (about
11-22 oz. total as purchased)
1/2c water
Optional:
1/8t salt

Cook the apples with the salt in 1/2c water until they just begin to
soften. Stir in the cranberries, and cook until they break apart, about
10 minutes. Tastes best warm, not hot. Serves 4.

SCALLOPED CORN & TOMATOES

2 cans diced tomatoes, drained (15oz)
1 can whole kernel corn, drained (15oz)
1 can cream-style corn, (15oz)
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup butter or margarine
2 cups soft bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2-quart casserole with nonstick
cooking spray. Stir together tomatoes, corn, cream-style corn, eggs,
flour, sugar, and pepper. Pour into casserole. In a skillet over medium
heat, melt butter; sauté onion until soft. Combine with the garlic
powder, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over the top of the
casserole. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
Serves 8.
<><><>Tasty Bites<><><> Susan’s Daily Tips <><><>

By popular demand Susan’s Thanksgiving menu with recipes.
http://www.kitchenproject.com/susan/thanksgiving2.htm

Want ..Susan’s Daily Tips for the Home… in your email box daily?
send a blank email to
sus-@kitchenproject.com
featured now on 3 web sites!

<><><>Tasty Bites<><><> Awesome Chef Recipes <><><>
by Brian Johnson
HOW TO KEEP YOUR TURKEY MOIST.
From : http://awesome-chef-recipes.tripod.com

Brining your Turkey first keeps it moist , * Provides a "cushion" for
the breast meat, a slightly overcooked turkey will still be juicy and
moist.
http://www.thewanderingchef.com/thanksgiving/Brine.htm

<><><>Tasty Bites<><><> Recipes from a German Grandma<><><>

This is my personal project.
GERMAN MEAT PIES
I tasted these wonderful savory meat Pies and HAD to find out how to
make them
They are most commonly called….. Bierocks
What is the special ingredient in them that makes them so good?
http://www.kitchenproject.com/german/bierocks/

Also there is a link for a step by step method to make apple strudel
with pictures.
http://www.kitchenproject.com/german/strudel/

Keep tuned to this site if you want to do some German Christmas baking.
I will have pictures and step by step methods for making such baked
items as
Stollen
Lebkuchen
Springerle
Pfeffernusse

For more recipes like this you can purchase our German Cookbook ,
Look at it here and our German Recipe web site here
http://www.kitchenproject.com/german

<><><>Tasty Bites<><><> Vanilla Beans for Christmas <><><>
Now is a good time to buy Vanilla beans and make some Vanilla Extract,
Vanilla Sugar or Kaluha for Christmas. To find Vanilla beans and recipes
go here,
http://www.thewanderingchef.com/vanilla/Vanilla_Bean_Page.html

<><><>Tasty Bites<><><> Recipes from around the World <><><>

This project is just getting started. Warren Lower, a chef from
Australia started this room on PalTalk. We talk to each other on our
microphones and share recipes with people that wander in the chat room.
The addition of our voices has added a very nice dimension to the
sharing of recipes around the world. I in particular enjoy people’s
different accents and how they express their favorite recipes.

We would so like to for you to be a part of this recipe discussion and
get to meet you.
To get started go here,
http://kitchenproject.com/WorldRecipes/index.htm\

If you don’t have Pal Talk , first download this program
http://www.paltalk.com

Here is a recipe from one of our guests. Her nickname is Center of
Gravity.
We asked her what she liked to cook and she said she enjoys making soup.

Here is a family recipe of hers.

CENTER OF GRAVITY SOUP
Cheesy Baked Potato Soup
Submitted by centerOFgravity serving size (8)

8 large white potatoes
Chicken broth 2 cartons (1 quart)
Instant potato flakes to thicken the broth
1 stick butter
1 cup of LITEHOUSE ranch style dressing
or substitute ( hidden valley ranch)
mild cheddar cheese finely shredded
1 small carton half and half or milk substitute
step 1 boil potatoes skinned and reserve the water
step 2 add the chicken broth directly to the
potatoes and water during the cooking process and add the stick of
butter
step 3 add the ranch dressing at room temperature to the soup as it is
at
a slow boil...
step 4 add the cream or milk substitute
step 5 add up to a cup of potato flakes to thicken the soup to desired
consistency
step 6 begin to sprinkle in the shredded cheese topping.........until
the
cheese melts
step 7 garnish each bowl of soup with a combination of chives, bacon
bits, extra cheeses or sour cream thick.

Style and serve with French bread or a garlic toast
and add sea salt to taste and a touch of pepper ..............ENJOY !

I recommend serving a nice tossed salad with this soup that is colorful
with tomatoes and radishes and carrots.

on it.
Please forward this to any friends who enjoy cooking, and send me your
comments, (good or bad) contributions, and recipes.
Thank you, and until next time…………COOK SOMETHING GOOD, and share it with
us.