Welcome Guest!
 Horne DT
HORNE DIGITAL TELEGRAPH 03/08/08  Joe Westerberg
 Mar 08, 2008 15:41 PST

HORNE DIGITAL TELEGRAPH - VOL. 7 NO. 2
"A newsletter for veterans of The Guided Missile Cruiser USS Horne."
=====================================

      “We'll have to get four bedpans and have a reunion”
                                    --Ronald Reagan

======================================
THE USS HORNE WEBSITE IS 7 YEARS & 3 MONTHS OLD
======================================

Inside This Issue:
03/08/08

1: WHAT'S NEW?
2: 2009 REUNION NEWS
3: HORNE STATUS

======================================

1: WHAT'S NEW?

Welcome to yet another edition of the USS Horne Digital Telegraph. New
developments regarding the 2009 USS Horne Reunion require a quick note
to get everybody up to speed... but first...

The USS Horne Website is now 7 years and 3 months old. There have been
more than 204 thousand visits to USSHorne.net. We now have 1,064
shipmates listed in the online decklog.

118 OFFICERS
1 ADMIRAL
4 HORNE SKIPPERS
946 ENLISTED
190 CHIEFS
113 PLANKOWNERS

2: 2009 REUNION

Can you believe it's been more than 4 years since the 1st USS Horne
Reunion was held in San Diego? That's long enough!

Finishing touches are now being put on plans for the 2009 USS Horne
Reunion and we hope you'll be there. It promises to be one of the most
unique military reunions ever. Details will be revealed very soon... but
here's what we're planning.

The Reunion Cruise will be held onboard the Carnival Cruise Line's 855
foot Elation. We'll depart San Diego Thursday March 26 2009 at 1600.
We'll then head south along the Baja Peninsula and arrive at Cabo San
Lucas on Saturday for a day of shore leave. We get underway for our
return trip Saturday evening (3/28) and return to San Diego Monday
morning 03/30.

We are currently ironing out details about the Reunion and trying to
determine how many rooms to set aside for Horne. It's for this reason I
NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Please do the following...

1: If you are interested in attending the 2009 Reunion Cruise...
please... Email me (ic-@usshorne.net). We need to get an estimate on
how many will be attending.

2: If you haven't already... sign up for the 2009 Reunion Cruise
Newsletter... just send an email to hornereunio-@topica.com to
subscribe. I'll be using the 2009 Reunion Cruise Newsletter to
communicate with only those who will be attending the reunion... so
subscribers to this Newsletter who are not attending won't be bothered
by all the Reunion chatter. We'll be sending out Reunion Cruise prices
very soon. So just send an email to hornereunio-@topica.com to
subscribe.

3: Please help spread the word about the Reunion. Many people have not
updated their email addresses on the USS Horne Decklog so it's difficult
to get the word out. Contact any and all of your former shipmates that
you are still in contact with and let them know about the Reunion.

If you missed the 2003 Reunion you missed an incredible experience...
but here's your 2nd chance. Please join us for the USS Horne 2009
Reunion Cruise to Cabo.

3: HORNE STATUS

As mentioned last week... Horne has been moved from her long time home
in Suisun Bay and for the first time since she was decommissioned in
1994... she's docked at a pier. Visit http://www.USSHorne.net and click
on the Sink-Ex page to find out where she is. Those in the San Francisco
Bay area may want to visit her one last time. The latest word is she is
being readied for a Sink-Ex possibly in June.

That's all for now... please let me know if you are interested in
attending the reunion... help spread the word about the reunion and sign
up for the 2009 Reunion Cruise Newsletter by sending an email to
hornereunio-@topica.com

Respectfully,

Joe Westerberg
former IC1(SW)