Welcome Guest!
 VB 6 Helper
VB6 Helper Newsletter, addendum  Rod Stephens
 Apr 03, 2004 08:02 PST

Re: VB6 SP6b, Gary German had this to say:

Thanks for the tip on the VB6 service pack. However, I'm hesitant to
install it after reading several reports of app crashes in the vb
newsgroups. Specifically, there seems to be a problem with the ListView
control under XP Pro. Clicking column headers, reordering columns, and
adding new columns seem to cause VB6 SP6 apps to crash under XP Pro.
Note: I have not confirmed this myself, but as my apps make use of the
ListView, and I only have one development machine, I'm taking a wait and
see attitude on this one.
=====
Not a bad idea, particularly if you have Win XP Pro. You might want to
read about the patch on Microsoft's Web site to see if it includes any
fixes that you want. If not, then there's no reason to rush.

Rod