Welcome Guest!
 VB 6 Helper
VB 6 Helper Newsletter  Rod Stephens
 Jul 12, 2011 15:30 PDT

I've decided that I'm not going to have time for reasonably big
newsletters so I'm just going to try to get out something small whenever
I have a chance.
-----
Rumors about Windows 8 and the future of Microsoft's development tools
continue. This article is not hopeful about Microsoft's future unless
there's a shakeup:

    10 Reasons Microsoft Needs An HP-Like Management Shakeup
    http://tinyurl.com/5rzfxv9

This article is more hopeful for us developers:

    Windows 8 for software developers: the Longhorn dream reborn?
    http://tinyurl.com/64jf399

(Although people have already pointed out that the animal pictured at
the top of the article is an example of Scottish Highland Cattle, not a
Longhorn. It does have long horns, however.)

    In Figure 11-2, the bottom check box has the wrong caption. It
should read:
-----
Off topic: A very cool concept for wrist computers:

    http://tinyurl.com/2fzcpr5
-----
Things to do this week:

- View screencasts from "Visual Basic 24-Hour Trainer":

    Lesson 3, Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jxlebRMuu0
    Lesson 3, Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLGIFmvZx7E
    Lesson 5:         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeJPTBTmNzA

- Post book reviews

- Finish work on next book

- Write printing article
-----
Have a great week and thanks for subscribing!

Rod
RodSte-@vb-helper.com

Twitter feeds:
    VBHelper