Welcome Guest!
 VB Helper Q & A
RE: Shell Command  Phil McCarthy
 Aug 03, 2001 15:33 PDT
You're not refering to this are you??

'closes the window

Dim nameoffile As String
nameoffile = Text1.Text ' or whatever

Dim hWindow As Long
Dim lngResult As Long
Dim lngReturnValue As Long
hWindow = FindWindow(vbNullString, nameoffile)
lngReturnValue = PostMessage(hWindow, WM_CLOSE, vbNull, vbNull)

Phil

Larry Holliday wrote:
 Using VB6, I successfully executed a Shell command which invoked a DOS
BAT file. The last line in the BAT file was an EXIT command, which I
had hoped would terminate the DOS Window. But it didn't. Even though I

closed the dos window manually, it evidently left some junk somewhere as

I eventually ran into memory problems. I understand that when executing

the Shell command, that a Task ID is returned. Is there anyway of
terminating the task using the value returned? Or other options?

Thanks

Larry R. Holliday