Welcome Guest!
 VB Helper Q & A
RE: Monitor Resolution  Phil McCarthy
 Aug 04, 2001 15:11 PDT
Hey Bob

Private Declare Function GetDeviceCaps Lib "gdi32" _
   (ByVal hdc As Long, _
    ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long

It starts with this and the rest is

you can get from

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

Use the search device and check ot

Obtaining the Current Display Settings

Unfortunately copyright means I can't post all of it here - but I have
checked it out and I'm pretty sure it's what you want - I think - that
ol' branch cracking perhaps.

As for NT - doesn't that mean the same as PS - or is that NB????

Onwards boB (never forget ya pal!!!!)

Phil

Bob Ceccarelli wrote:
 Hi Everyone,

Good to see ya'll again. How's the South treating you, Phil?

Actually, I have a problem with a VC++ proggy I've been hacking away at.
But if anyone can come up with the answer, it'll be you guys. I need the
API that returns the monitor resolution. EG 800x600 or 1024x768 or
whatever. I looked at GetSystemMetrics and a few others but can't seem
to find one that does the job.

Also, I am very interested in VB.Net. If anyone stumbles across any good
stuff, please post. I'll do the same.

Regards,
Bob Ceccarelli