Welcome Guest!
 VB.NET Helper
VB .NET Helper Newsletter (remember those?)  Rod Stephens
 May 01, 2013 12:31 PDT

Greetings from the long lost VB Helper newsletter!

If you've wondered where I've been, I got too busy working on a book to
keep the newsletters going. Then the book writing market has shifted so
Visual Basic books were no long in much demand and my publisher "gently
encouraged" me to spend more time writing for C#.

I always hoped to return to Visual Basic and the VB Helper web site, but
it looks like that will be the exception not the rule. However:

    - You can still email me questions. I can't promise to answer them
all but I do promise to try. Usually I can at least point you in the
right direction.

    - You should check out my newer site C# Helper
(www.csharphelper.com). As you can probably guess from the name, the
examples are in C#, but they are all fairly easy to translate into
Visual Basic. In fact, if you find something you like and need help
translating it into Visual Basic, let me know and I can probably do it
for you (time permitting).

    - You can follow my C# Helper posts on Twitter (@CSharpHelper or
directly from http://twitter.com/CSharpHelper). Then if you see
something interesting, you can follow the link in the tweet to get
details. And again, if you find something you need translated into
Visual Basic, I'll try to help.

There's one other item in this Blast-From-The-Past Special Limited
Edition Newsletter:

==========
Book Drawing: Visual Basic 2012 Programmer's Reference

    Visual Basic 2012 Programmer's Reference
    $44.99, 840 pages, 2012
    John Wiley & Sons
    ISBN 13: 978-1118314074

Book sales these days are heavily driven by reviews and this book hasn't
gotten enough. In an attempt to generate more reviews, I'm giving away 4
copies of the book. Here are some details:

     - By entering the drawing, you promise to post a review. I don't
want you to promise a good review, just an honest review. I think this
is a good book and it can stand for itself.

     - This is a Visual Basic .NET book not a VB 6 or VBA book. If
you're only interested in VB 6 or VBA, then this book may not be very
useful to you.

     - This book also focuses on the programming language not on Metro
issues (or whatever Microsoft is calling the new Windows 8 style today).
It uses Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop, which you can
download for free here.

     - To enter, send an email with the subject "Book drawing" to
RodSte-@vb-helper.com by May 7, 2013.

If you want a fast-paced in-depth introduction to Visual Basic, sign up
for the drawing and you might win a free book!

(If by some chance you already own a copy of this book, or a copy of any
of my books, please post a review! Reviews are what sells books and
without sales I can't keep writing. Please don't make me get a real
job!)
Best wishes,

Rod
RodSte-@vb-helper.com