Welcome Guest!
 VictoryOverWant
Inequality is the Result not the Cause  John Gelles
 Mar 25, 2011 05:21 PST

TOPIC: THE INSANITY OF BLAMING INEQUALITY FOR MONETARY SHORTAGES

-- if we taxed the rich to death we would end up something like the old
USSR. It is CORPORATE AND WALL STREET POWER AND LOBBYING that must be
countered by all the mayors, pundits, scholars, voters and commentators
on this show, to point out that taxing the rich does not match
purchasing power -- of cities, states, nations and each and every hard
working American, (who worked for years before debt systems ran amok and
America came tumbling down,) -- to our essential and potential work
product waiting to be produced.

The topic says a mouthful. Read it over more than once. I'm going back
bed. And Charlie Rose remains guilty of covering the current scene
better than anyone else on TV -- better than CSPAN and PBS -- but STILL
BEING BLIND AND IGNORANT of the direction he should take.

It would do us no good if the top one percent of American capitalists
had never been rescued or were now nationalized. Their wealth is not the
problem.

The problem is the un-produced wealth and un-produced money to purchase
it -- from factories, industries, retailers, etc., -- that is the heart
of the problem.

All those missing jobs and industrial operations, in both the private
and public sector, and all those overwhelming taxes and thousand page
laws and million page regulations are indicators of the problems.

We need radical reform to go --

..... from debt finance to functional finance (the monetary problem),

..... from tax finance to functional finance (the fiscal problem),

..... from campaign finance to clean elections (the political problem),

..... from Univ of Chicago finance to Univ of Missouri finance (the
academic problem) [Mathew Forstater and Randal Wray were suggested to
Rose yesterday],

..... from Mayors, Governors, industry leaders, and union leaders
refusing to recognize America's real problems -- and from further
corrupting the Congress and the American System until they have paupered
the nation, its middle and working class, and left us at the mercy of a
world gone mad.

Above is copy of JohnGelles comment 03/25/2011 07:55 AM

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/11563#comment_78814