Welcome Guest!
 Vittles
Volunteer Vittles Special Notice  Cat Adams
 Sep 11, 2001 20:10 PDT
Volunteer Vittles Special Notice
September 11, 2001

There will be no Volunteer Vittles today. During the time that you would
have read Volunteer Vittles, we humbly ask you to pray instead.

Someone has attacked the United States and the World. As I'm sure you
know, the World Trade Center was devastated by attacks from hijacked
commercial airplanes. The U.S. Pentagon was also attacked.

We have received many e-mails from readers asking for support and
prayers. Many people have still not heard from their family and friends
who were in New York. One reader's daughter is devastated because her
father is out on military duty and she's not sure if he will be alive
tomorrow. Another reader tells us that one of his student's mother was
on the phone with her son, who was in the World Trade Center as it
collapsed and killed him.

Today is a very sad day for the United States and the world. We have
received so many e-mails from readers in the United Kingdom, Canada,
Australia, and New Zealand offering moral support. We want to offer
special thanks to our Canadian neighbours who have continually provided
friendship and support throughout our times of trial. And, of course, to
all of the rest of you for your prayers and moral support, too.

We have also received some messages of hatred toward people who are
descended from countries that are not current friends of the United
States. We hope that you will join with us in loving all of the citizens
of the United States, regardless of race or creed.

I am totally ASHAMED of our treatment of U.S. citizens of Japenese
descent during World War II. I pray that we will NOT repeat our
mistakes.

For those of you who are still awaiting word of your loved ones, our
prayers are with you.

For those of you who lost loved ones, our hearts go out to you.

For those of you in the military defending our country, God speed.

God Bless America! May we join our President today in praying for
guidance in this "war against terrorism". May we all have love in our
hearts for others as we seek answers and corrective actions for today's
atrocities.

God bless and God speed. We love you all.

Hugs,
Cat