Welcome Guest!
 Vittles
Volunteer Vittles Vol. 296  Cat Adams
 Dec 09, 2001 14:06 PST
Volunteer Vittles Vol. 296
December 9, 2001

Happy Hanukkah to all of our Jewish readers!
May God bless us as we re-dedicate ourselves
to promoting religious freedom...

Oops! We missed publishing last week while Cat
was busy celebrating her birthday. Thanks to
all you detectives who figured that out and
sent in birthday greetings (Volunteer Vittles
readers are SO clever!).

I got so many delightful presents and cards
that I feel truly spoiled (and loved).

STOP! Have you voted for us today?
Please VOTE... you can vote once every day.
Vote for Volunteer Vittles </a>
Thanks!

Welcome to all of our new subscribers.
This is your e-zine, so please contribute.
Any comments, criticisms, suggestions, recipes,
or household tips are welcome.
We LOVE hearing from you!
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Comment ">
Send comments to Volunteer Vittles! </A>

Contents in this issue:
. Recipe: Beef Fajitas - Crockpot
. Hints from Helga
. Little Vittles Recipe: Rudolph Pears
. Cute Toons
. Recipe: Creamed Soup Mix
. Pet Place
. Recipe: Frosted Fudge Brownies
. Recommended Web Sites
. Humor/Inspirational
. Recipe: Green Pea Salad
. Reader Comments and Requests

And now, on to today's Vittles...

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Why would you subscribe to another newsletter?
How about JEST FOR PUN !!
Punny Oneliners, Quotations and Punny Rhymes.
Subscribe by sending blank email to:
pun-sub-@topica.com

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

RECIPE: Beef Fajitas - Crockpot

Reader Myron shares:

Easy enough!! I'll make it for my kids!

                 BEEF FAJITAS

1 1/2 lb. beef flank steak
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, cut into strips
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 Tbsp. cilantro
1 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1/4 tsp. salt
8 oz can chopped tomatoes
A dozen 8" flour tortillas

Toppings:
sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa

Cut flank steak into 6 portions. In any size crock pot,
combine meat, onion, green pepper, red pepper, jalapeno
pepper, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander
and salt. Add tomatoes. Cover and cook on low for 8-10
hours or on high 4-5 hours. Remove meat from crock pot
and shred. Return meat to crock pot and stir. To serve
fajitas, spread meat mixture on flour tortillas and add
favorite toppings. Roll up tortillas. Serves 6-8.
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Recipe ">
Send your recipe to Cat </A>

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

        ** New Culinary Site Alert**
Chef Johnson Launches Awesome Chef Recipes
     http://awesome-chef-recipes.tripod.com
Subscribe To His Newsletter By Emailing This Address
    awesome-chef-re-@topica.com

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Hints From Helga:

Thanks to you all for sending in advice for April.
Your suggestions for how to "reuse" magazines follow.

Reader Betty suggests:

   For April who has gobs of magazines! Think about cruising
   the senior centers, nursing/convalescent homes and perhaps
   even hospitals. Most or all of the above could be happy to
   take a small amount at a time and perhaps really need
   something for the residents that can be just thrown away
   instead of using the library system.

   I lived in a small town for a while and took many magazines
   down to the laundromat where they disappeared in a heartbeat
   because people just sitting there waiting for their laundry
   don't have much entertainment.

   Good Luck.

Reader TashAmb shares:

   Take pictures and have the kids cut them out and put them
   between two pieces of clear contact. They make nice place
   mats. You can also use pictures to decoupage on lamp shades,
   plates or anything.

Reader Wayne writes in:

   I too have magazines left over after reading them. What I
   did is find a retirement home that I drop them off to every
   other month. That way they are enjoyed many more times and
   I don't have to throw them away.

Reader Sonya suggests:

   April wants to know what to do with magazines when she is
   done with them? Many hospitals take magazines that aren't
   too old. I would think that nursing homes may want them.
   Also, elementary teachers often like magazines for their
   students to cut pictures out.

Reader Diana tells us:

   Hi. I used to have the same problem. But one day I noticed
   that the doctor's office and hospital waiting rooms really
   had nothing that interested me. So, now when I'm done with
   my magazines, I take them to the doctor's office or anywhere
   where there is a waiting room (and a long wait) and I donate
   them so the other patients can enjoy something interesting
   to read!

Reader Linda (from Pennsylvania) shares:

   I pass all my magazines to my friends and relatives...
   keeping in mind their interests. I give specific magazines
   to specific people. When they are finished, they pass them
   on - goodness - you might be reading one of my magazines!!

Reader Yvonne (from Georgia) advises:

   Hi, I used to have the same problem and one day while
   waiting in the doctor's office with nothing good to read,
   it hit me like a bolt from the blue. I take mine to the
   hospitals, nursing homes and other places that I know
   people would like to have something to read.

   Personally I make my choices based on economics. The nursing
   homes, the children's hospital (for their parents), the
   community centers in our area that shelter people in the
   summer without air-conditioning (it gets really hot here),
   and the doctor's offices that don't seem to be able to afford
   magazines for their waiting patients. I hope this will give
   you a few ideas.

Reader Ann shares:

   Have you tried the Senior Citizen place where they meet? I
   had a good many magazines and they were glad to get them.
   Also try the emergency room waiting room at the local hospital.
   Hope this helps.

Reader Carol advises:

   Nursing Homes, Nursing Homes, Nursing Homes!!!!!

Reader Joe suggests:

   Take them down to the waiting rooms at any hospital or doctor
   offices. They will appreciate them.

Reader BinkiBoo tells us:

   When I read your request, I looked over in the corner of my
   den at the waste can that was made from magazines when I was
   in high school (too many years ago to mention a date here).

   Our local creamery has round tubs that ice cream comes in
   (your local ice cream parlor will save them for you as well.
   Wash them out well and dry thoroughly. Collect colorful
   pages from your magazines and tear them out. Roll them into
   tiny tubes and finish them off with white glue to keep them
   together (they look like straws). Then cut them in the same
   length that corresponds to the height of the ice cream
   container. Then glue them on, one by one next to each other,
   leaving no gaps.

   It makes for an interesting waste paper can. You can color
   coordinate by using colors that match.

Reader Ger writes in:

   We take our current magazines to the local library. They
   love them. The older editions we take to local convalescent
   hospitals, shelters, and some schools use them for cut outs.
   All our magazines are clean, literally and figuratively.

Reader MaryB suggests:

   Make beads out of them and give as gifts. I hope I tell this
   right. It has been a long, long time since I made these beads.

   Cut a long skinny triangle out of a pretty page with lots of
   color. The wide end of the triangle will be the size of your
   bead.

   Use a toothpick, pencil, thick piece of wire, or anything that
   will make the size hole you want for your string.

   Roll your triangle from the 'wide' end onto the toothpick.
   Roll it as tight as you can.

   Glue the tip of your triangle, now a bead, in place.

   Remove toothpick and spray inside of bead with a shiny sealant
   like they use for plaster painting.

   Spray outside of bead, too.

Reader Sandi (from Southern California) shares:

   I've always used black marker to cover any subscription
   labels, and then give the magazines to our local hospital.
   I finally figured out that if I wanted to keep something
   from a magazine I'd either cut it out or file the whole
   magazine right away. All the others can do so much good
   at the hospital. I was once admitted to the hospital, and
   found one of my donated magazines in the inpatient area.
   It was a surprisingly good feeling.

Reader GrannyB writes in:

   Why not take them to a Nursing Home for the elderly to
   enjoy?

Reader Jennifer (from Chicago) recommends:

   I use my old magazines for scrapbook material. Works
   wonders. :)

Reader Sandra asks:

   You had such good hints for keeping cats off the lawn. Well,
   how do you keep other peoples DOGS off new lawn???? Thanks.

Can any of you readers help Sandra? Thanks!
<A HREF=" mailto:helg-@hotmail.com?subject=Dogs ">
Send dog repellant info for Sandra </A>

Reader Sherry warns:

   I am concerned about the advice to soak the chocolate
   stained shirt in dishwasher soap. It does work on WHITES,
   but bleaches out colors. Also, you should not soak it for
   hours and hours in dishwasher soap, as it weakens the
   threads that the garment is sewed with. I am a nurse and
   used the dishwasher soap to whiten my uniforms (before the
   days of colored scrubs). It did weaken the sewing on them.

Do you have a tip for Helga? Or a question for Helga?
<A HREF=" mailto:helg-@hotmail.com?subject=Tip for Helga ">
Send your question or tip to Helga </A>

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

A Digital Romance

Sign Up for A Digital Romance's Newsletter containing
interesting news for future, current brides and grooms
and those who love romance.

We feature freebies, contests, recipes, household tips,
bride/groom links and much much more! Welcome aboard.
We're sure you won't be disappointed. Great monthly prize.
Be sure to sign up for the weekly newsletter!! Send a blank
email to: adigitalroman-@topica.com

http://www.adigitalromance.com
<A HREF=" http://www.adigitalromance.com ">
AOL link </A>

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

LITTLE VITTLES RECIPE: Rudolph Pears

Reader Gerry shares:

                 RUDOLPH PEARS

For each serving: Place 1/2 pear, cut side down, on a
small salad plate. This becomes Rudolph's head. Nose
(1/2 maraschino cherry), eyes (large raisins), & ears
(cut pieces of mini marshmallows) are stuck onto the
pear with toothpicks. (We always used whole toothpicks
to prevent anyone from accidentally ingesting them. We
pushed the picks almost all the way in to hide them.)
The cherry goes on the small end of the pear, eyes on
the rise of the large end, and ears on the side of the
large end. For antlers, we cut pieces of grape stems
(after removing the grapes), and stuck them into the
top of the large end.

We usually served these as part of breakfast on Christmas
morning. It was whimsical, but the kids always ate their
fruit.
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Kids ">
Send your favorite kids' recipe to Cat </A>

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Wow! Shop just the way I like? Buy more gifts for less?
Rainbows and Promises Online Christian & Inspirational
Gifts, Books, Music, Recipes, Jokes & more!
Everything you wanted in Christian Shopping:
Christian American Flags, Music, Books, Unique Gifts ideas,
Games, Clothing, Bible Verses, Jewelry, tee-shirts, puzzles,
pictures, De Colores, & much more! Lots of FREE Stuff!
Your Rainbow of Quality Gifts at Discount Prices!
A gift shop packed full of value! You got to see for yourself.
http://www.rainbowsandpromises.com

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

CUTE TOONS:

Native e-mail?
http://www.aikenslaughs.com/forfun/funny654.html

Early Acupuncture...
http://www.aikenslaughs.com/forfun/funny655.html

Santa's Cat!
http://www.fun-lists.com/cgi-bin/g.cgi?666.1.723.1

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

RECIPE: Creamed Soup Mix

Reader Ruby shares (for Saundra):

This doesn't mention giving as a gift but I don't see
why it can't be put in a jar with directions and given
as a gift.

               CREAMED SOUP MIX

To use in place of canned cream soups in casseroles or
as a base for your own soups. It is much lower in fat
and salt than the canned versions. The trick is to have
it made up ready to use.

2 cups powdered nonfat milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup(or less) instant vegetable bullion
2 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
1 tsp. basil leaves
1 tsp. thyme leaves
1/2 tsp. pepper

Combine all ingredients, mixing well. Store in an airtight
container until ready to use. To substitute for one can of
condensed soup: Combine 1/3 cup of dry mix with 1 1/4 cups
of cold water in saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened.
Add to casserole as you would the canned product. Makes
equivalent of 9 cans of soup.

Makes 9 servings with less than 1 gram fat per serving.

Variations:
Mushroom Soup: Add 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
Celery Soup: Add 1/2 cup minced celery
Potato Soup: Add 1 cup diced potatoes, cooked
Vegetable Soup: Add 3/4 cup mixed vegetables, cooked
Broccoli Soup: Add 1 cup chopped broccoli, cooked
Asparagus Soup: Add 1 cup chopped asparagus, cooked

The variations are endless!

Here are 2 web sites that have soup mixes for to give as gifts:
http://souprecipe.allrecipes.com/az/lovesoupmixjar.asp
http://www.souprecipe.com/az/friendshipsoupmixinajar.asp
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Recipe ">
Send your favorite recipe to Cat </A>

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Free Health Samples (Largest Selection on the Web)
Free Medicines for Poor People. Health News & Tips.
http://www.doctorhealthynet.com
Free Prescription Discount Card for seniors (save 30%)
http://www.doctorhealthynet.com/A/offer.htm

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

PET PLACE

Reader MPook shares:

   Our cat, Pookie, always got mad at us when we went
   away for the weekend. When we got home, he wouldn't
   even look at us. He would put his back to us and
   just stare at the wall. He looked like he was being
   punished, but I think he was punishing us instead.

Reader Jeanne tickles our funny bone with:

              More Rules for Dogs

. The cat is not a self propelled squeaky toy.

. I will not steal the remote control and bury it.

. Mommy's pots and pans do not need to be taken outside
   and added to my "borrowed things" pile.

. I will not bite the officer's hand when he reaches in
for Mom's driver's license and car registration.

. I will not dig to China and bring home a dinner guest.

. I will not do 90 mph over all the furniture when people
are sitting on it.

Do you have a favorite pet story or recipe (that's a recipe
to serve to your pet, not a recipe to cook your pet)?
We'd love to hear it!
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Pet Story ">
Send your favorite pet story or recipe to Cat </A>

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Home Workers Needed !!

You don't have to be a scientist, only need a computer
No fee, no obligations to anyone else, Ever
Just engage yourself to earn as much as you want
Visit our site: http://www.mysiteinc.com/mcf/short.html

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

RECIPE: Frosted Fudge Brownies

Reader Sally Jo shares:

To lower the fat content in this recipe, use egg whites
or egg substitute. If you use egg whites, add one more
than the number of eggs requested. Use margarine and
skim milk to help reduce the fat. If you can find them,
there are also reduced fat chocolate chips.

             FROSTED FUDGE BROWNIES

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 can (16 oz) chocolate syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt

GLAZE:
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup milk
2/3- cup semisweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup mini marshmallows

Heat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
Beat in eggs one at a time until blended. Beat in syrup and
vanilla. Add flour and salt until combined.

Pour into a greased 15" x 10" baking pan. Bake for 20-25
minutes, until center comes out clean with a toothpick.
Let cool.

For glaze: combine sugar, butter and milk in a small saucepan.
Bring to a boil. Boil until the sugar is dissolved. Remove
from heat and stir in chips and marshmallows until melted.
Pour over brownies and refrigerate for at least 5 minutes
before cutting.

Yield: 3 dozen
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Recipe ">
Send your favorite recipe to Cat </A>

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

RECOMMENDED WEB SITES

Reader Susan recommends:

   "Copy Cat" recipes
   http://www.tastealikes.com/

Reader Joni writes in:

   There are 1655 casserole recipes at:
http://www.recipesource.com/main-dishes/casseroles/indexall.html

Readers Susan and Jeanne share:

   There are recipes for things using herbs and other
   good information on other things such as crafts:
   http://oldfashionedholidays.com/happetizers.shtml

Do you have a favorite cooking, household tips, or
craft web site (maybe your own)?
Please share it...
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Site ">
Send your favorite web site to Cat </A>

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

HUMOR/INSPIRATIONAL

Reader DadR shares:

Steven's preschool class went on a field trip to the
fire station. The firefighter giving the presentation
held up a smoke detector and asked the class: "Does
anyone know what this is?"

Steven's hand shot up and the firefighter called on him.

Steven replied: "That's how Mommy knows supper is ready!"

Do you have a favorite humor or inspirational story?
We'd LOVE to hear it!
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Favorite Story ">
Send your story to Cat </A>

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

There is a lot of great motivational and inspirational content
available on the Internet but frankly, who has time to read it all?
Who has time to surf all the possible web pages?

Twice weekly inspiration with a spiritual flavor from a multitude
of web resources in this one newsletter. 20+ pages, Rated G
Subscribe: morefromrondo-@yahoogroups.com

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

RECIPE: Green Pea Salad

Reader Millie shares:

                 GREEN PEA SALAD
                 (this is really good)

Shredded lettuce
1-2 cups frozen green peas, cooked & cooled
Chopped celery to your liking
Chopped onion to your liking
Crisp crumbled bacon
1/2 - 1 cup Parmesan cheese

Toss as you would any salad.

Dressing:
1/2 - 1 cup Miracle Whip(r)
Stir in 1 tsp. sugar
Pour over salad, mix and refrigerate.

This came from my sister-in-law in Florida years ago.
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Recipe ">
Send your favorite recipe to Cat </A>

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Read Any Good Books Lately?.....
Here's one you might have missed:

A shocking scientific discovery.
A deception of staggering brilliance.
A political thriller unlike any you've ever read...

When a new NASA satellite spots evidence of an astonishingly
rare object buried deep in the Arctic ice, the floundering space
agency proclaims a much-needed victory ... a victory that has
profound implications for U.S. space policy and the impending
presidential election.

*DECEPTION POINT*

Dan Brown is also the best-selling author of Angels & Demons
and Digital Fortress

For more details ....
<A HREF=" http://www.danbrown.com/deception_point ">
Click Here </A>
http://www.danbrown.com/deception_point

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

READER COMMENTS AND REQUESTS:

Thank you all for sending in your recipes, requests,
tips, and comments! We appreciate it.

Reader Diana asks:

   My ex-husband's mother used to make these Candied
   Walnuts and a homemade Fudge during the holidays.
   I remember her fudge recipe was very simple and only
   had a few ingredients like: chocolate chips, sugar
   and marshmellows. If anyone has these recipes, I
   would be grateful if they would share them with me.

Do any of you readers have these candy recipes for Diana?
Thanks!
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Candy ">
Send candy recipe for Diana </A>

Reader StephEL writes in:

   I too loved the gummy bear recipe, but thought it was
   too rubbery. I used 4 packets (instead of 6) gelatin
   and it turned out much better. I also used regular Jello
   (not sugar-free) and it turned out good as well. We
   didn't have any molds, so we spread it on wax paper
   and made fruit rollups! My 3-year-old had fun helping
   mixing and spreading with my 13-year-old.

   We also made bread from a recipe provided here as well.
   The 3-year-old rolled (kneaded) his own section and made
   his own loaf of bread!

Reader Beverly (from Pennsylvania) asks:

   Enjoy your site. I am looking for the recipe for North
   Carolina Pork Barbecue. We had this while visiting in
   Virginia. It was topped off with coleslaw. We were told
   that the pork was marinated in vinegar and barbecue
   sauce for two weeks.

   I would really like to have the recipe for this with
   the ratio of ingredients and how it is prepared. Is the
   pork cooked first?

   Thank you.

Can any of you readers help Beverly? Thanks!
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=NC_Pork_BBQ ">
Send N.C. Pork BBQ recipe for Beverly </A>

Reader Jo (from Florida) writes in for Bill:

   For chowder, try looking at this web site:
   http://www.topsecretrecipes.com

   This guy makes a living out of breaking down the
   restaurant chains "secret recipes". His name is
   Todd Wilbur. Recipes are very close to original.
   He also has tons of books out - you might go to
   the library and skim through them instead of buying
   them all. Hope this helps. Happy Cooking!

Reader Diana asks:

   Hi. My Dad and I dread Thanksgiving. We are both diabetic
   and have to sit and watch everyone enjoying Pumpkin Pie and
   all those other wonderfully sweet goodies. Please can anyone
   help me? This year I would like to surprise my dad with some
   wonderful, good tasting (that's the key!) sugar-free Pumpkin
   Pie or any other goodies.

   Thank you so very much!

Oops, Diana! We're a little late to help you with Thanksgiving,
but maybe we could help with the year-end holidays? Do any of
you readers have tried-and-true diabetic YUMMY recipes that you
can share with Diana and her dad? Thanks!
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Diabetic ">
Send delicious diabetic recipes for Diana </A>

Reader Larena writes in:

   I lost my copy of a recipe for German Custard. If anyone
   has one I would love to get a copy. My grandmother used
   to make it for the holidays and they won't be the same
   without it. Thanks.

Does anyone have a good German Custard recipe for Larena?
Thanks!
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Custard ">
Send German custard recipe for Larena </A>

Reader Barb shares (for Nancy):

   Egg replacer: Nancy can find soy lecithin at any GNC or
   Walgreens.

Reader SeaD asks:

   I'm looking for a crochet pattern for slippers. I want the
   one that you make granny-squares and join them together. If
   anyone has this, please let me know. I want to make some for
   Christmas. Thank you.

Do any of you have this crochet pattern for SeaD? Thanks!
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Crochet ">
Send slipper crochet pattern for SeaD </A>

Reader Hope shares:

   Thank you so much, Nina and Jen [ B.C., huh? Me too.
   North Vancouver] and all the others who've come through
   with suggestions for cooking for crowds, especially men,
   many of whom, as we women know, are not normally
   adventurous eaters. I couldn't thank anyone sooner
   [ some of the suggestions came months ago ] because my
   'puter died, resurrected, and then began having T.T.s
   regularly. I think it wants to be left alone to pass
   away for good, and in peace. But you don't want to know
   this, so I'll carry on and tell you why I really write
   [ besides to thank you all ] and that is because, thanks
   to all the hints and sites leads [ which I couldn't get
   to until recently because of those aforementioned temper
   tantrums ], I've devised a nice menu plan that changes
   easily to give us flexibility.

   So, if any of you subscribers to this mag. come against
   the same problem I had, trying to feed a bunch of fussy
   people [ men ], contact me and I'll share some of my menus.
   I know they're good, because we've yet to have any leftovers.
   They're all simple - guaranteed easy to make - tasty, and
   the last one my hubby and I cooked up brought a standing
   ovation from the group. - Now didn't <that> make it all
   worthwhile.

   Thanks a whole bunch, folks, and if any of you have any more
   bright ideas - share. I'm open to everything and anything.

Do you have a comment or question? We'd love to hear from you!
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Editor ">
Send comments to the editor! </A>

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Subscribe to our other publications:
<A HREF=" mailto:gardenwise-@topica.com ">GardenWise </A>
<A HREF=" mailto:thekidzkingd-@topica.com ">Kidz Kingdom </A>
<A HREF=" mailto:laughloungeholl-@topica.com ">Hollyweird
</A>

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ VOLUNTEER VITTLES ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

See you soon with the latest yummy and delectable
culinary treats and... more reader contributions,
suggestions, and questions... Thank you all!

Keep those e-cards and e-letters coming:
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteer-@hotmail.com?subject=Talk to Cat ">
Talk to Cat </A>

HELP US GROW... Because you shouldn't keep something
this good all to yourself! Feel free to forward this
issue to your friends and enemies. Please keep this
trailer intact so they can subscribe too.

To Subscribe: Send a blank e-mail to:
<A HREF=" mailto:volunteervitt-@topica.com ">
Subscribe to Volunteer Vittles </A>

Volunteer Vittles is a FREE e-zine. We claim no copyright
on any recipe published in Volunteer Vittles unless otherwise
noted. Although Hints from Helga, and Volunteer Vittles as a
whole are Copyright 2001 Cat Adams. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your Privacy is our business. Your
email address and/or any other personal information
will not be published or released to any outside entity
under ANY circumstances without your permission.

Questions answered or comments given by Helga are for
entertainment purposes only. The publisher, Volunteer
Vittles, and respective staff will not be liable for any
or all incidents, problems or misfortunes that may result
from such.