Welcome Guest!
 WordOrigins
Take Our Word For It Issue 130  Melanie Crowley
 Jul 18, 2001 22:18 PDT
http://www.takeourword.com

**Greeting**

Hello, world!

**This Week**

As we're half-staffed this week, we've re-run a previous Spotlight, one
about which we received a lot of positive feedback. In Words to the
Wise, however, we discuss five new words/phrases: mistletoe, hip! hip!
hurray!, hold the fort, blue blood, and throw one's hat into the ring.
In Curmudgeons' Corner, a guestmudgeon complains about redundancy and we
ask readers for their input. In Sez You... we hear from several
different readers about several different topics (as usual!), and in
Laughing Stock we print a newspaper article that a reader kindly sent
us, and that had us giggling.

**NOE**

No NOE this week. It's that darned half-staffed thing getting in the
way again!

**The Other Half of the Staff**

Mike's doing fine and appreciates your kind messages. He's recovering
rapidly and should be back to his smart-aleck self in time to co-write
next week's issue. Thanks for your patience!

Until next week,
Melanie and Mike
Take Our Word For It
http://www.takeourword.com