Welcome Guest!
 Aceh list
=?windows-1252?Q?Aceh_Ulema_Warns_Muslims_Against_Obse?=
=?windows-1252?Q?rving
 Tapol
 Feb 06, 2012 09:15 PST

From Joyo

Antara
February 6, 2012

Aceh Ulema Warns Muslims Against Observing Valentine’s Day

Banda Aceh

Ulema in Aceh have warned Muslims, the younger generation in
particular, that observing Valentine’s Day is not allowed in Islam and
against Shariah law that is in force in all of Aceh province.

“It is haram for Muslims to observe Valentine’s Day because it does
not accord with Islamic Shariah” Tgk Feisal, general secretary of the
Aceh Ulema Association (HUDA), said on Monday.

In Islam, he said, love should not be expressed or shown on a certain
day only but every day. “Therefore, Islam’s younger generation should
not participate in the celebration of a foreign festivity,” he said.

Faisal Ali who is also chairman of the Aceh branch of Nahdlatul Ulama
called on Muslim parents, especially those in Aceh, to instruct and
supervise their children in the matter.

“We must prevent the Muslim younger generation in Aceh from being
poisoned by a culture that contradicts our Muslim values. Therefore,
everybody, parents in particular, should give our youth the proper
guidance,” he said.

He also called on the government to uphold and implement Islamic
Shariah in “serious and sincere ways and not just out of political
expediency or momentarily.”

“Islamic Shariah cannot prevail in Aceh as expected if it is not
supported fully by the government and other parties in authority,” he
said.

The government must also watch out for youths participating in
Valentine’s Day activities in Aceh, he said.

-- Get Short, Timely Updates - Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/JoyoIndoNews - @JoyoIndoNews and join us on Facebook:
http://facebook.com/JoyoNews