Welcome Guest!
 Internet Alchemy
Re: XML::RSSLite  Scott Thomason
 May 04, 2000 17:56 PDT
Ian, if your benchmark allows you to switch input sources to some of the
other OCS aggregations I listed earlier, I think it would be keen to
see the stats on those, too.
---scott

On Thu, 04 May 2000, you wrote:
 The survey was performed with a Perl script using XML::Parser which
uses Expat as the core parser. Expat isn't a validating parser so
there may have been well formed but invalid RSS that slipped through.
For the next survey I'm going to switch to a validating parser
(XML::DOM::ValParser perhaps) and also gather some more stats such as
average/max lengths of description fields, average/max sizes of RSS
files, last changed dates etc.