Welcome Guest!
 austin-bikes
Re: Bike laws  Michael F Zakes
 Apr 29, 1999 10:03 PDT
Annick-
    Another useful location is on S Congress southbound approaching Academy.
Thanks,
Michael

 Hi everyone, here are thoughts from the Bicycle Program on the topic or
"Right Turn Only Except Bikes" regulatory sign. The concerns are justified
and the thoughts and suggestions well thought out. From our end, we have
hired a new Engineer Technician who will be writing traffic regulations to
put up more "Right Turn Only Except Bikes" signs were needed. The first one
is going up at Lake Austin Blvd. at Mopac, so that bicyclists traveling east
on Lake Austin Blvd. can stay in the right most lane (which is right turn
only), cross the intersection, then access the Hike & Bike Trail which then
lets you out on 5th St., where there is a bike lane, though for a short
distance. We are also working very hard at this point in time to evaluate
how to get bike lanes on 5th St. all the way from Mopac to Lavaca.