Welcome Guest!
 austin-bikes
Re: Bull Creek Rd.  Mike Dahmus
 May 03, 1999 12:58 PDT
 Hi fellow cyclists- I spoke with a maintenance supervisor at the Public
Works Street & Bridge Division moments ago and he assured me the cracks in
the bike lanes along Bull Creek will be fixed tomorrow. However, the damage
is caused by buses and can only be fixed temporarily (it should last 6-8
months), for the long run the area will have to be reinforced with a bus
pad. I will look into whether or not Bull Creek is on the list to receive a
pad.

I'm a little confused - the cracks I reported were between 45th and
Jefferson, where there are bike lanes (which the buses don't drive in). Is
he saying that the weight of the buses on the center of the road is causing
the cracks on the edges?

Mike Dahmus
http://www.io.com/~mdahmus/