Welcome Guest!
 austin-bikes
Take action. Make yourselves heard.  David Dobbs (Realtime)
 Oct 22, 2003 01:39 PDT

--============_-1145313157==_ma============

These subjects are EASY to take action on:

(1) Envision Central Texas www.envisioncentraltexas.org

(2) Send a complaint to the FCC about DJ's encouraging motorists to kill us.
      Send complaints to fcci-@fcc.gov

Dear fellow cyclists,

As you heard from Roger Baker (Fri, 03 Oct 2003) there are things we
as citizens can do to change things. While Roger is a superstar in
tweaking the establishment and should be recognized for uncovering,
reporting, protesting, and organizing against bad transportation
policy (among other things), most of us need only to do small simple
things in numbers to help make a difference.

YOUR ENVISION CENTRAL TEXAS VOTE IS IMPORTANT

David Foster reminded us all to go to
http://www.envisioncentraltexas.org and cast a vote for the growth
scenario of our choice. And yes, I do recommend scenario "D." That
said, go vote for what you think is best, but VOTE! Right now
according to SolarAustin the response to this exercise has been less
than overwhelming and without significant participation the results
will have little effect politically. A result that is ambiguous or
that favors our current sprawl pattern of development gives political
license to political leaders to continue to shortchange rational
urban development and provide travel alternatives to automobiles.

FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FCC

Thanks to Fred Meredith for noting that this is "a hot topic right now."

As you will see from my posting to the FCC which I bcc'd to this
list, the actions of right-wing radio in the case of Clear Channel
Communications are way over the line.

The original much longer article apparently appeared in the LA Times
(see http://www.hubbub.com/LaTimesarticle.htm) and I attached that to
my complaint to clarify my concerns. It's worth reading the whole
article.

Don't worry about being eloquent, just copy the email address I used
for the FCC and let them know that this kind of enabling over the
public airwaves is unacceptable and the stations in question deserve
the harshest kind of censure possible.

If you don't think your voice counts or that this "old news," please
remember that when the FCC attempted to allow more consolidation by
big media this last summer that millions and millions of emails
turned the tide over several weeks. The same thing happened with the
"no-call list."

Make a difference and do these two simple things and encourage your
friends and families to do likewise.

And don't thank me, but thank yourselves for fighting for what's right.

Sincerely,
Dave Dobbs

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Texas Association for Public Transportation
9702 Swansons Ranch Road
Austin, Texas 78748
Ph 512.282.1149

Visit our website at http://www.lightrailnow.org

These subjects are EASY to take action on:

(1) Envision Central Texas

</smaller></fontfamily>(2) Send a complaint to the FCC about DJ's