Welcome Guest!
 austin-bikes
Re: Cracks on Bull Creek Rd.  Fred Meredith
 Apr 29, 1999 18:04 PDT
At 9:26 AM 4/29/99, Roger Baker wrote:
 Friends,
          What I sometimes do when I want a bureaucratic problem solved is
to visit the city council first (get to know one). Then they call the city
staff and tell them to do whatever it is.

I realize that at least in theory this should not work any better than just
calling up the city staff yourself, but for some reason it seems to work
much better in practice.

                                                              --Yours, Roger

I understand, Roger. I've had to work that way before myself, but it is
"going over the head" of the person who SHOULD be handling it. I use it
only as a last resort because I've found that it alienates the person who
is leap frogged and there may have been a legitimate reason that your
earlier request was not handled properly.

It's a two-way street. There should be rapport. If there is no rapport, go
to the top. If you go to the top first, there will probably never be any
rapport.

Fred