Welcome Guest!
 AwesomePower
SMALL CHURCH BELIEVES GOD WILL DO THE IMPOSSIBLE--AGAIN     Lists Awesomepower
 Jan 29, 2003 12:45 PST

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C2C794.43C70980

From www.AwesomePower.Net

** SMALL CHURCH BELIEVES GOD WILL DO THE IMPOSSIBLE--AGAIN
(http://www.ag.org/)
Seven years ago, Pastor Duane and Fran Jordan moved to Boulder
   City, Nevada (population 15,000), to pioneer an A/G church. They
   had left First Assembly of God Church in Prineville, Oregon, where
   they pastored for 7 years, to start this new work.

   In 1996, the Jordans began Boulder City Assembly of God with only
   five people, receiving less than $100 per month support.

   In December of 1998, with an average attendance of under 50, the
   congregation was able to secure almost two acres of land, which is
   appraised at nearly $500,000. But miraculously, the church was
   able to get the land for $140,000. Through help from the South
   Nevada Land Fund, Northern California-Nevada Women's Ministries
   and others, the church had to finance only $76,000.

   The church now averages near 70 each Sunday with a vibrant youth
   ministry and outreach ministries that enables the church to reach
   nearly 200 different people each week. However, even with faithful
   giving and fund raising, the church still owed nearly $50,000 in
   July of 2002.

   But then God spoke. "I believe God spoke to me to have the church
   property paid off by September 30, 2002," Duane said. "I begin to
   challenge the church. The congregation was stirred to pray,
   believe and to give."

   At 3 p.m. on September 30, 2002, the Jordans, along with their
   Advisory Committee, saw the impossible become reality as they
   wrote a check to pay off the property in full. "Celebration
   Worship Center of Las Vegas and Hilltop Community Church of
   Richmond, California, gave substantial gifts," said Duane, "but it
   was the people of Boulder City Assembly who made the sacrifices.
   The church raised over $50,000 since July 21."

   The church is now getting ready for a big building project, so it
   will no longer have to rent "confining" facilities. "We believe
   God has spoken that we must rise up and build," Duane said. "I
   have challenged the church with a goal that is impossible in the
   natural. We are believing God for $500,000 to be available by
   June 6, 2003, so ground can be broken for a new building.

   "The need is so great in this area," Duane added. "The nearest A/G
   church is over 15 miles away. In the miles between, there's over
   50,000 people with the great majority unchurched."

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C2C794.43C70980

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>From <A
href="http://www.AwesomePower.Net">www.AwesomePower.Net</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV>** SMALL CHURCH BELIEVES GOD WILL DO THE IMPOSSIBLE--AGAIN </DIV>
<DIV>(<A href="http://www.ag.org/">http://www.ag.org/</A>)<BR>  Seven
years ago, Pastor Duane and Fran Jordan moved to Boulder <BR>   City,
Nevada (population 15,000), to pioneer an A/G church. They <BR>   had
left First Assembly of God Church in Prineville, Oregon, where <BR>
they pastored for 7 years, to start this new work.<BR><BR>   In 1996,
the Jordans began Boulder City Assembly of God with only <BR>   five
people, receiving less than $100 per month support.<BR><BR>   In
December of 1998, with an average attendance of under 50, the <BR>
congregation was able to secure almost two acres of land, which is
<BR>   appraised at nearly $500,000. But miraculously, the church was
<BR>   able to get the land for $140,000. Through help from the South
<BR>   Nevada Land Fund, Northern California-Nevada Women's Ministries
<BR>   and others, the church had to finance only
$76,000.<BR><BR>   The church now averages near 70 each Sunday with a
vibrant youth <BR>   ministry and outreach ministries that enables the
church to reach <BR>   nearly 200 different people each week. However,
even with faithful <BR>   giving and fund raising, the church still
owed nearly $50,000 in <BR>   July of 2002.<BR><BR>   But
then God spoke. "I believe God spoke to me to have the church <BR>
property paid off by September 30, 2002," Duane said. "I begin to
<BR>   challenge the church. The congregation was stirred to pray,
<BR>   believe and to give."<BR><BR>   At 3 p.m. on
September 30, 2002, the Jordans, along with their <BR>   Advisory
Committee, saw the impossible become reality as they <BR>   wrote a
check to pay off the property in full. "Celebration <BR>   Worship
Center of Las Vegas and Hilltop Community Church of <BR>   Richmond,
California, gave substantial gifts," said Duane, "but it <BR>   was
the people of Boulder City Assembly who made the sacrifices. <BR>
The church raised over $50,000 since July 21."<BR><BR>   The church is
now getting ready for a big building project, so it <BR>   will no
longer have to rent "confining" facilities. "We believe <BR>   God has
spoken that we must rise up and build," Duane said. "I <BR>   have
challenged the church with a goal that is impossible in the <BR>
natural. We are believing God for $500,000 to be available by
<BR>   June 6, 2003, so ground can be broken for a new
building.<BR><BR>   "The need is so great in this area," Duane added.
"The nearest A/G <BR>   church is over 15 miles away. In the miles
between, there's over <BR>   50,000 people with the great majority
unchurched."</DIV>

</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C2C794.43C70980--