Welcome Guest!
 bikeham
BMHA suggestion ...  VE3JC - John Cumming
 Aug 06, 2000 07:27 PDT
Hi Skip -
Wondering how things are going with BMHA. I didn't get to Dayton this
year, so I missed the opportunity to see any members there.

It occurred to me that a BMHA email reflector might be a useful tool
for fostering improved communication among members, and another route to
attract new members. I notice that Paul Anderson has started a "Cycling
and Amateur Radio Operation (bikeham)" list on topica (
http://www.topica.com/lists/bikeham/ ), which hosts such lists for
free. However, it looks like no one knows about it, as there are few
subscribers and posts.

I would suggest that an "official" BMHA reflector (ie Paul's, if he's
willing to handle any work involved, such as "moderating" if it ever
became necessary) be established, and its existence advertised on the
BMHA home page and vice-versa.

There have been numerous recent bicycle-mobile related posts on the
QRP-L reflector and Elecraft K2 reflector, and I think an active BMHA
reflector would generate interest. I also think an active email
reflector would compliment the role of the newsletter. (By the way, any
news on the newsletter? I'd be happy to contribute some things if
material is the problem, or assist with editing).

Anyway, my 2 cents worth (1.3 cents, if I exchange it to American
currency!)

73, John VE3JC

            |     VE3JC John Cumming
     Q      |     Delaware, ON CANADA