Welcome Guest!
 cbc
Warning on New Bikes  Robert Bernstein
 Dec 21, 1999 09:23 PST
Hi to California Bike Advocates

I just parked my 20 year old bike next to a new bike in a bike rack.

The new bike had a warning sticker to wear your helmet which sounds
sensible. But it also has a warning sticker saying "Do not ride at night"

I use my bike to get to work and for most local errands and find it
disturbing that such a warning is being put on new bikes. If I didn't
ride at night, I couldn't ride to work. Following this warning turns
the bike into a toy rather than a means of transportation.

What do other folks think?

Robert Bernstein
President
Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition