Re: Warning on New Bikes  Michael Severa
 Dec 21, 1999 10:06 PST
there was a lawsuit a few years ago somewhere on the east coast by a man
who got hit at night while riding w/o lights...
he won bigtime against the bike compmany and i think since then they have
been putting stickers on the bikes... though i thought they said not to
ride at night without lights...
if not, thats pretty lame, in my opinion..

Hi to California Bike Advocates

I just parked my 20 year old bike next to a new bike in a bike rack.

The new bike had a warning sticker to wear your helmet which sounds
sensible. But it also has a warning sticker saying "Do not ride at night"

I use my bike to get to work and for most local errands and find it
disturbing that such a warning is being put on new bikes. If I didn't
ride at night, I couldn't ride to work. Following this warning turns
the bike into a toy rather than a means of transportation.

What do other folks think?

Robert Bernstein
Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition
Santa Barbara, CA

Get your favorite topic delivered daily.