Welcome Guest!
 cbc
Warning on New Bikes  TG
 Dec 21, 1999 13:49 PST
--=====================_72602076==_.ALT

At 09:18 AM 12/21/99 -0800, you wrote:

 The new bike had a warning sticker to wear your helmet which sounds
sensible. But it also has a warning sticker saying "Do not ride at night"

(snip)

What do other folks think?

Saluton, Roberto!

Kiel vi fartas?

It's part of the same-old, same-old. Our society doesn't want to make
things safer, because that would require the unthinkable--expecting skills
of cagers. Instead, the vox populi calls for blame in a zero-sum game.

If the driver is drunk, blame the driver. But cyclists are injured by sober
drivers as well. And since sober drivers can never be responsible for
anything they do, no matter the carnage involved, it's obviously the
cyclist's fault.

"Gosh! I didn't see him!"

Obviously, this problem gets worse at night. Therefore, evil suicidal
cyclists should not ride at night. Eventually, we'll outlaw all two-wheeled
vehicles, so that we can be "safe."

--Terence Geoghegan
--=====================_72602076==_.ALT

At 09:18 AM 12/21/99 -0800, you wrote:<br>
your helmet which sounds<br>
sensible. But it also has a warning sticker saying "Do not ride at
night"<br>
(snip)<br>
What do other folks think?</blockquote><br>
Saluton, Roberto!<br>
Kiel vi fartas?<br>
It's part of the same-old, same-old. Our society doesn't want to make
things safer, because that would require the unthinkable--expecting
skills of cagers. Instead, the <i>vox populi</i> calls for blame in a
zero-sum game.<br>
If the driver is drunk, blame the driver. But cyclists are injured by
sober drivers as well. And since sober drivers can never be responsible
for anything they do, no matter the carnage involved, it's obviously the
cyclist's fault.<br>
Obviously, this problem gets worse at night. Therefore, evil suicidal
cyclists should not ride at night. Eventually, we'll outlaw all
two-wheeled vehicles, so that we can be "safe."<br>
--Terence Geoghegan</html>