Welcome Guest!
 Cookshare
Looking for some rare recipes  Lorraine P
 Dec 07, 2002 17:03 PST
I know there hasn't been much in the way of activity on this list
lately but maybe my question will get things going a bit.

Hubby and I are both fans of the boiled dinner so I've decided to do
a "Boiled Dinners from Around the World" thing over the winter
months. I've procured recipes for the Irish, American, Italian and
French versions. I'm looking specifically for the Portuguese and
German versions, however, if anyone has any other country's boiled
dinner recipe they'd like to give me, that'd be great. These do not
have to be crockpot versions.

As a side note, on the Portuguese boiled dinner, I believe the name
of the version I'm looking for is called Cozito. I'm not really
interested in the version with the codfish. I had a friend in
college who's parents were Azorean and her mom made this one day when
I was over. I remember various sausages, ham, potatoes but that's
all I remember other than the fact that I loved it. However, that
was well over ten years ago and I've lost touch with this friend so I
can't ask her for the recipe.

Any help any of you could provide would be appreciated but please
don't send me results from search engines. I've already done that.
What I'm looking for is a family recipe.

Thanks in advance,
Lorraine in RI

=====
I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slaveship just goes in circles.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com