Welcome Guest!
 csy
Test, est, st, t...  Dag Hanssen
 Dec 25, 1999 21:26 PST
If this get somewhere, let me know. (Change of CSY list server, Y2K and
all)

Big windows on CSY 33:
With the boats being 20 years old or so, most windows are probably
replaced once or twice already.
The stronger replacement would be lexan, the regular strenght
plexiglass.
"Rhapsody's" windows are all plexiglass, replaced a few years ago. The
whole design seems pretty sturdy, considering angle, size and location.
Yet, I have never been off-shore in a storm with heavy breaking seas
trying to smash windows and boat to pieces.
Did some back ground checking on CSY 33s before we bought ours: The weak
points, as per previous owners and sailors of the CSY 33 was not
windows, but rather chain plates: They are partly embedded in the hull
and leak salt water from the deck level, causing hidden corrosion over
time.
Before I do my circumnavigation (If ever) I would probably put in Lexan
windows with a couple of bolted on steel bars inside and behind each
window. Also new chain plates and other rigging overhaul.

Happy New Millennium to all of you.

Dag Hanssen, S/V "Rhapsody", CSY 33 extraordinairy