Welcome Guest!
 csy
Re: Test, est, st, t...  Memor-@aol.com
 Dec 27, 1999 09:42 PST
Good info Dave. When I was checking out these products, I thought it was
mentioned that the Mar and Sar (Mar resistant-Scratch resistant) extra
process was not recommended for other than absolutely flat mounting. My
pilothouse has a curve to it that requires a moderate bending of at least 2
of the windows upon installation. I cant remember offhand if that is also
true of the windows on any of the other CSY models, but I felt that the
product could not be used in my application. Specifically, what did you use
as the bedding compound when you did your hatches, and did you pick it
yourself or was it recommended.
The Price you got for a 4'x10' sheet seems excellent!
Called one of the manufacturers and they suggested rounding the corners,
drilling holes 2x the fastener size (i.e. 3/16" bolt gets a 3/8" hole) and
lining the hole with a soft rubber bushing made out of a piece of tubing when
thru bolting. softening the inner and outer edges of the entire piece as well
as polishing the edge with at least a fine sandpaper like 600 grit was the
last advice given.
Ron Sheridan SV Memory Rose, PH#2.