Welcome Guest!
 csy
RE: Test, est, st, t...  David Covert
 Dec 28, 1999 19:04 PST
 When I was checking out these products, I thought it was
mentioned that the Mar and Sar (Mar resistant-Scratch resistant) extra
process was not recommended for other than absolutely flat mounting.

Good point... I didn't think to address curved panels because my boat
doesn't have any.... sorry... I know that with SAR, you can not bow or bend
SAR more than a little bit, like the minute bowing you might encounter when
they are used as panels in a hatch. I would be a little surprised to hear
that MAR could not be bent a good bit more than SAR, but then, I have not
investigated MAR's structural characteristics.

 Specifically, what did you use
as the bedding compound when you did your hatches, and did you pick it
yourself or was it recommended.

I don't remember exactly what was used... The shop building our hatches
secected the specific brand and type based on recommendations printed on the
product specification sheet that came with the Lucite.

Dave